Author Topic: Wild Mike Pizza  (Read 2923 times)

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
Wild Mike Pizza
« on: October 05, 2018, 03:56:45 PM »
Wild Mike by far makes the best frozen pizza I have ever had. I even enjoy the crust! Normally frozen pizza crust is like petrified wood, but the wild mike crust is buttery and flakey.

I also like that the pizza is friggin huge, at 14 inches, or two pounds of pizza.

With digorno you get crappy little postage stamp sized slices, with the wild mike pizza you actually feel like you're holding a piece of pizza!

Plus, you know, you don't have to experiment with ingredients and end up with a Cronenberg on your kitchen counter.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
Re: Wild Mike Pizza
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2018, 11:27:17 PM »
Wow.    That's amazing.  Most frozen pizza I've had is not very good and the crust is one of the main reasons why.  There are some good pizzarias in the Bay Area, but I miss my regular NYC spots where for a couple bucks you could get a glass of seltzer and a cheese slice.  How satisfying.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2018, 12:35:56 AM »
I believe you've mentioned having a grocery outlet nearby, that's where I get it.

It actually takes less time to cook than most frozen pizza, and they claim it's all natural ingredients. I especially like how the pepperoni tastes like it marinated in tabasco. But like, a mild tabasco.

Oh poo, bay area I forgot to mention blondies in pleasant hill. I grew up playing SFII there and eating their amazing pizza. Over the years, visits have held up on quality. Which is rare because so many places have cut down on size or ingredients.

There used to be an amazing hole in the wall two blocks away with amazing chili fries, but they got eminent domained.

Poor bastards, those chili fries were legendary. I've never hit that. I've made amazing chili, I've cut my own fries, but never got the mix right. Maybe it's the cheese. I've never made cheese.

If you stop by the park in pleasant hill, you might find the batman I left there in 1992. Best of luck. :)
« Last Edit: October 08, 2018, 12:38:54 AM by 8ullfrog »

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2018, 03:52:10 AM »
There's a Blondie's on Telegraph in Berkeley.  The slices are huge.  I haven't eaten there in years, but I don't go out much and unless I walk or bike up there, I don't go as it's well nigh impossible to park near the university.  I'll check out Wild Mike's next time I'm at GO.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2018, 07:26:33 PM »
As you know, stuff cycles in and out there. I went today and was only able to fill 1/4 of a shopping bag. I'm pretty sure it was a pricing error, because sausage was still 3.99, but they wanted 7.99 for a pack of school lunch grade hot dogs.

And they had TONY's pizza, which is below Tombstone grade.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2018, 11:45:06 PM »
I assume you are referring to Grocery Outlet.  I'll pick up the Aidell's sausage there on occasion.  The Carmelized onion burgers are really good, and they freeze well.  I think we're probably out of them but since I filled up the freezer with blackberries, there's no room until I get time to turn them into jam.  I'm processing applesauce right now.  A neighbor has a pippin apple tree.  I usually just make apple jelly, but the pulp was good, so I decided to go for it.  It's tart, so it requires sugar and cinnamon to take the edge off.  I'll have about 6 pints when I'm done.  I'll probably give it away as we don't eat much applesauce.  I take cases of jam to the local food pantry a few times a year.  They like receiving it.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2018, 09:17:24 PM »
Hah, they are now showing up in my facebook feed thanks to spyzucc. Someone else complained about not being able to find it in their local Walmart, I contributed that grocery outlet alternates between Wild Mike's and Tony's Pizza, whose box is probably superior to the containing product.

I used those exact words, and they liked it!

VINDICATION!