Author Topic: Toast and Broccoli soup.  (Read 2351 times)

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
Toast and Broccoli soup.
« on: December 09, 2018, 09:24:04 PM »
Toast and Broccoli soup. Sucked. The toast was good, and that's a compliment to mssrs black & decker, but the Broccoli soup was poor at best. Not even any broccoli chunks! Just a green somewhat thick liquid. If I'd left it be I feel it would have congealed.

Would have much rather had some tacos.

Update: do not eat this. Even the greasiest of tacos will be more forgiving. This meal is what I would serve hitler. Seemingly inoffensive, secretly, gastric warfare. The Pain!

You ever had a runny nose? This soup will make you wish you had a runny nose instead of...
« Last Edit: December 10, 2018, 02:31:12 AM by 8ullfrog »

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
  • Da mihi castitatem et continentiam, sed noli modo!
Re: Toast and Broccoli soup.
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2018, 04:34:43 AM »
Was this a shop bought soup? Seems a stretch to be able to buy toast off the shelf.
Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can put off until the day after.

There is an exception to every rule, apart from this one.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2018, 09:45:45 AM »
It sounds like a new rule:  Never eat broccoli soup out of a can.

I've made broccoli quiche that was good.  Never the soup.  I don't think good broccoli soup is impossible, but throwing some flour, msg and chicken stock at a bunch o broccoli (which is what I suspect happened there) ain't a recipe for delicious ness.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2018, 03:09:41 AM »
My mom eats bags of croutons. I'm no scientist, is that better than eating potato chips? Or Worse?

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2018, 04:18:29 AM »
Assuming they were made with white bread?  Worse.   That makes me feel better because, although I rarely indulge, I love potato chips.

https://www.health.harvard.edu/diseases-and-conditions/glycemic-index-and-glycemic-load-for-100-foods