Author Topic: I don't waste good Noodles.  (Read 2918 times)

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
I don't waste good Noodles.
« on: April 26, 2019, 03:28:13 AM »
So, I posted about Prego's Garbage alfredo sauce before. But just like Dell, when you tell people NOT to buy something, that brand gets lodged in their brain.

So mom made a fukit  meal of Penne pasta, garbage BACON alfredo sauce, and el cheapo rat turd sized meatballs.

Honestly, frozen meatball companies, just get out of the game. At this point you're embarrassing yourselves. Meatballs are now the size of a peanut M&M. That's not a meatball, that's a pizza topping. The pricing is now insulting, like charging $10 for a roll of toilet paper. Toilet paper cannot be $10 fancy.

And they STANK. Good lord did those pellets stink. At first I thought it was the garbage alfredo sauce, so I scooped some out, cleaned em off, and sure enough, they smell horrible. Taste pretty good, but it's hard to eat dinner when it smells absolutely horrible. It's like, I don't know, being stuck on a plane with a screaming baby between each bite.

I asked my mom how much of this she made, and she said, oh just that. Nope, she used ALL the pasta. And it's good pasta.

So I mixed up a sauce of Worcestershire sauce (Covers a lot of sins) Butter (The secret of cooking.) Organic Sour Cream (I'm partial to sour cream, but not an organicphile) And I was going to add some cheese, but decided I didn't want to clean that.

I also keep forgetting to chop onion, because I'm lazy. So many crappy dinners could have been better if I'd suck it up and chop those onions.

Anyway, I brought the heat up, mixed in my scallywag sauce, and brought it to a covered simmer, mixed the hell out of it, and plated, as those stupid cooking shows say. I think a grated cheese, like Romano, would really kick things up, but once again, scrubbing cheese is one of those stations of hell.

It came out pretty good. The stinky meatballs are now completely drowned in failed fish paste (Worcestershire) so there isn't a smell at all, and the leftovers are saved.

Can you tell I'm partial to beef stroganoff?

In high school, my mom would come home from work with a packet of Ground Beef. Just Ground Beef. I think that's where I get both my miserly hoarding of good ingredients, and Stupid puzzle game attempts at cooking from.

Mom calls tortillas "shells". Not like Taco shells, like some sort of seafood. Which I presume a jankie would then boil until it turned gray, and had the consistency of shoe leather.

Then again, she grew up in a generation that produced MICROWAVE cookbooks.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2019, 03:30:25 AM by 8ullfrog »

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
Re: I don't waste good Noodles.
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2019, 05:31:33 AM »
Let us know if you need someone to call 911 for you.

Offline Schmoogsley

• Homo Erectus
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2019, 07:41:37 AM »
Yes indeed. The universal rule of cooking: When in doubt, add butter.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2019, 07:51:20 AM »
Honestly it was because of the sauce. I wasn't going to make a roux, because golly THAT.

So the butter to loosen up the leftovers, then the sour cream to make things nice, and the Worcestershire to kick the flavor over. I didn't use much, just scraped everything to one side of the pan, put it on the edge of the burner, let it come up, liquidized the butter and stirred. I was pleased at how easy it went. I think it was 2 tsp, tops.

God, if I wanted to make a roux, I would have had to clean another pan. gah.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2019, 07:53:02 AM by 8ullfrog »