Author Topic: Quentin Tarantino  (Read 2366 times)

Offline Schmoogsley

• Homo Erectus
Quentin Tarantino
« on: May 17, 2019, 06:00:48 PM »
Ok, so, I mentioned to a coworker I surprisingly really liked 'Hateful Eight'. And, of course, liked 'Pulp Fiction' before that, although, I didn't think it was the great masterpiece so many thought it was. Anyway, he recommended I watch 'Kill Bill Vol. 1 & 2'. So, Kill Bill Vol. 1 is playing now. I'm kind of tired so it better be good or I will probably pass out.

kitty Waggon? LMAO!

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
Re: Quentin Tarantino
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2019, 09:02:00 PM »
last ones I liked. Inglorious felt off. He said he was going to scrap it, but Christoph Waltz convinced him not to. Christoph Waltz is fantastic, the rest of the movie? Not so much.

Offline Schmoogsley

• Homo Erectus
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2019, 11:59:35 AM »
Ok, Kill Bill Vol. 1 was decent. Boy, the gore was so over the top it was funny. lol Which I'm sure was his intent. A montage of soundtracks from very old TV shows (Ironside is one example) for us old farts. Tarantino is a strange dude but he makes entertaining movies. Will watch Vol. 2 tonight.
I'm guessing David Carradine & Daryl Hannah will be getting what's coming to them in Vol. 2. Gotta say, Daryl Hannah was looking pretty damn good in Vol. 1.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2019, 12:48:25 PM by Schmoogsley »

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2019, 01:18:01 PM »
Oh man, I won't spoil anything, but 2 is probably the best Tarantino movie.

Also why Uma Thurman won't work with him again, he forced her to do a stunt that almost killed her, and didn't leave it in the movie. Instead you get what I thought was an intentional projected background when she's driving.

Offline Schmoogsley

• Homo Erectus
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2019, 03:49:08 PM »
Ok, Vol. 2 is on right now.

Hey, it's Buford Pusser.  ;D

Is the whole film in black and white?

Thought that was a Pantera, but, it's a 1969 De Tomaso Mangusta.

Ok, you sure need to know what you're gettin into when watching these films. Otherwise, you will sit there saying, "Holy golly, that is stupid!". Tarantino has a sick sense of humor. lol I knew I was right on the 'Ironside' theme. Also from 'Once Upon A Time In The West'. Pretty sure I heard some old Eastwood spaghetti western stuff in there as well. I'm pretty good on the 'tuneage' side of things.
Anyway, Jesus, I need to watch something bland and down to earth for a moment. 

*Hey, Bea made a 'drive by post' I see.  :)  I like Bea. Also, the star of the Kill Bill movies name is Beatrix. That's cool. I wonder if OUR Bea is as badass? :o  Better choose my words wisely from here on out.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2019, 06:27:46 PM by Schmoogsley »