Author Topic: Cheez-It Snap'd  (Read 3613 times)

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
Cheez-It Snap'd
« on: May 28, 2019, 05:41:22 PM »
I got some newfangled Cheeze-It. (Huh, they don't pluralize, I always thought it was Cheeze-its.) It's the even more poorly named "Snap'd" I guess they were trying to get in on the thanos hype, or saw the word trending and said "DO IT" or something.

They're labeled as cheesy, thin & crispy, and that's it. Usually you can turn a product bag around and they blather on about how proud they are to present their newest blahblah, but not Cheez-It. They leave you to savor the mystery.

Anyway, serving size for these things is labled "21 crisps". How English! That serving will set you back 140 calories.

Actually looking at the things, they look like someone really took a rolling pin to standard, oversized Cheez-It, producing a shape reminiscent of the modern windows logo. I tried to get a picture, but my phone's auto focus really freaked out at this thing.

I got the Jalapeno Jack flavored ones, and they're decently spicy. Not forced to mild it down for the flyover states I suppose. Glaring at you Ohio! Where the spiciest food they eat is mayonnaise. Only downside is the Jalepeno flavor obviously overwhelms the Jack.

Texture wise, I'd say these are cousins of the Ritz baked crackers, and I really like those.

Overall, I shouldn't be eating these. They're tasty, but certainly not part of a balanced diet.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
Re: Cheez-It Snap'd
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2019, 08:09:06 PM »
They're delicious.  I've had the sourcream onion variety and tasted the bacon/cheese one, not quite as good but I'm not such a bacon fan.  A texture between potato chips and cheezits. 
We eat lots of cheezits here.  Not an ideal diet food, but I love salt.

Offline Schmoogsley

• Homo Erectus
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2019, 09:09:20 PM »
Just saw the commercial for this new product. Looks yummy. This type of food is a very rare treat for me as you can imagine.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2019, 05:21:00 PM »
I've probably (definitely) said it before, the only thing that should be bacon flavored is bacon.

I have some of the Cheddar Sour cream & onion ones today. Very nice. Very cheesy.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2019, 03:04:41 AM »
Yes.  They are evil and delicious.  I am trying to stay away from them.  I worship at the altar of salty snacks.

Offline Schmoogsley

• Homo Erectus
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2019, 03:53:37 AM »
Savory snacks aren't as appealing to me since I quit drinking pop. OMG was I ever addicted to Dr. Pepper. Also glad I quit because it was giving me kidney stones. They are not fun. Anyway, water and coffee is all I drink now.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2019, 08:06:41 PM »
Mom bought the bacon and white cheddar ones. I almost wept.

The white cheddar was FANTASTIC, but drowned out by the bacon cowpoo.

Bacon flavoring is a scourge.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2019, 11:15:28 AM »
They are quite good.  I recommend joining Kellogg's Family Rewards.  Scan your receipt and get points toward gift cards.  They send emails with coupons for discounts on their products, also.  Our Cheez Its habit keeps me in Starbucks cards, although I don't go there much as we have much better alternatives around here, but it's helpful when we travel.