Author Topic: Friday the 13th  (Read 2010 times)

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
Friday the 13th
« on: September 14, 2019, 12:11:37 AM »
...At least for the next 39 minutes.

These always creep up on me. There is an STO mission you can only run on a Friday the 13th. It's... somewhat creepy.

I always intend to do a binge watch of Friday the 13th movies on this day, and always fail. I think the last one I watched was an unofficial YouTube one, Never Hike Alone.

It's pretty boss. It starts out as this hiker filming his trip out in the woods, he even has stupid sponsor products, like a true Tuber. He makes several CRITICAL horror movie mistakes, making him fair game for Mr. Hockey Mask.
I'm a huge fan of rules in horror movies. Stu in Scream had a point. If you set up rules beforehand, it's scarier. Every action against the rules heightens the tension, to the point you're ready to scream, even if you don't see the unmentionable horror.

The creepiness comes in slow, something Foreign to modern horror movies. Of course things eventually ramp to 11, but it's one of the better horror films I've seen since the 1990's. They really do tend to be jumpscare garbage, or cash in on those grifter Warrens.

Anyway, here's the link: