Author Topic: Friday the 13th - 6  (Read 4399 times)

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
Friday the 13th - 6
« on: October 26, 2019, 12:44:15 AM »
This movie opens the same as five, but different.

Once again, we get a recast on Tommy Jarvis. Yes, our protaganist has been played by three actors now.

This time Jason has a proper gravesite, and Tommy is the idiot digging him up. Doesn't he remember how this went down last time?

Another thing from the last movie, the Mayor told the Sheriff that Jason Vorhees was cremated.

Jason gets rezzed by lightning, and apparently that works great, he's punched a fist through Tommy's buddy within two minutes!

This one is called Jason Lives, apparently they've abandoned finality.

Oooh, we learn that the Town of Crystal Lake was renamed Forest Green because they want to Forget, Forget, Forget.

The humor is a bit overplayed, but we're back at the lake

Oh snap, there are actual children this time

The jokes tend to be complete poo, but at least the joke characters die quickly.

Alright, there was a good one. We see the camp kids asleep. One has an iron man comic and a flashlight, one has a block letter note home, one has a picture of his family.
One has a copy of No exit by Jean-Paul Sartre.

But most of these jokes are infuriating.

Seriously, this is like a series of unrelated skits rather than an actual movie. RV had a nice bathroom though.

I've been reading the production segments on wikipedia to try and figure out where they film these things, the production moved around a lot.

Apparently nobody liked five.

Six had an okay ending?

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
Re: Friday the 13th - 6
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2019, 05:59:42 AM »
I thought you might be amused.  I think you have to click on the video to get the audio portion to work.

https://www.facebook.com/rockeadasymamadas/videos/301760877366166/UzpfSTEwMDAwMDQ3MDAxMjIxMTozNzAxNjA4ODgzMTk4MDc2/
« Last Edit: October 26, 2019, 09:58:23 AM by 6pairsofshoes »

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2019, 11:24:55 PM »
that's VIII - Jason takes Manhattan. (Jason couldn't actually take Manhattan) much like streaming shows now, it was filmed mostly in British Columbia. One of the conceits of that film is that most of it happens on a cruise ship.

I actually liked the cruise ship gimmick, it was a very different tone. However, it is widely considered to be the worst of the franchise.

Honestly, VII is feeling like a bitter pill right now, I'm not sure I want to watch that one again, but it's been many years since I saw it, and I try to be fair in my reviews, even if I hate the movie.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2019, 11:26:35 PM by 8ullfrog »

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2019, 01:25:57 AM »
I know nothing about this.  I only saw the short gif and thought it hilarious since I agree that all the music that they listen to is garbage.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2019, 02:26:28 AM »
agreed, but boombox smashing was hot in 80's movies, they even did it in a time travel Star Trek movie. The one with the whales... IV?