Author Topic: Three wishes.  (Read 6211 times)

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
Three wishes.
« on: February 28, 2020, 04:48:31 AM »
You know, the three wishes. I mean, we'll give the pass that the genie doesn't take your soul, because otherwise I wouldn't do it.

But yeah, three wishes.

1. I want the Tom Holland Spider-man serum. Cures everything that can go wrong, doesn't keep you from getting drunk... I think.
2. Loyal Replicators. In Stargate SG-1, they go from tinker toy robot spiders, to human form, and they can build just about everything. Unfortunately, they're bless'ed crazy, hence the loyalty clause on the wish.

3. Sovereign Class Starship. Yeah, there have been better since in the lore, but the Sovereign class was the last good look we got at Federation Starships before the weird CBS reset.

So with the Sovereign, you've got a mean bless'ed ship. It's got Replicators (STAR TREK VERSION), It's got Holodecks, essentially it's a very nice ship.

It also has the Robert Picardo EMH.

I get that the third wish could be monkey pawed. You get the Enterprise... DURING FIRST CONTACT.

So you have to fight the borg. HELLA LAME. But hey, I figure, you're an acrobat of undeniable skill at this point, what with the spider serum, and your loyal replicators OMNOMNOM those bless'ed borg assholes.

Data can find enlightenment elsewhere, the ship is yours now. golly that bald Frenchmen with the lousy CBS ACCESS show.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
Re: Three wishes.
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2020, 08:04:47 AM »
Maybe curing problems with the human condition would be a better option.  But I get the starship thing.  I'd like to always wake up feeling like I got enough sleep.  That would be just fine.  I'm going to go drink some more caffeine, now.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2020, 06:08:56 PM »
You could solve (Or cause) a lot of trouble with a sovereign class starship.

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
  • Da mihi castitatem et continentiam, sed noli modo!
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2020, 09:30:53 AM »
There isn't something real or imaginary that would be of any use to me while I have backache ... and other aches now I think of it.

End to all aches would have to be #1.
Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can put off until the day after.

There is an exception to every rule, apart from this one.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2020, 10:20:58 AM »
Yeah.  I'd vote for perfect health, too, along with something to help with population control.  Every wish has so many vectors, ramifications, that it's important to choose carefully, lest we end up w/a planet that resembles that Star Trek episode where there were so many living people all they could do is stand up and jostle one another because there was no space for them and not enough resources to keep them all going.

Incidentally, Keanu Reeves and co. have been sighted regularly hanging out in the financial district of San Francisco as they're filming Matrix 4 there.  This has nothing to do with 3 wishes, but by all accounts, Reeves is a real mensch, and all round good guy, so you might throw him in with the general wishes.

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
  • Da mihi castitatem et continentiam, sed noli modo!
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2020, 12:33:04 PM »
You could always wish "downsizing" a reality. It wouldn't get rid of aches though.

Mind you, if you stayed big you wouldn't be able to hear me complain so you'd save a wish right there.
Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can put off until the day after.

There is an exception to every rule, apart from this one.