Author Topic: Is the Corona virus the elephant in the room?  (Read 49364 times)

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
Re: Is the Corona virus the elephant in the room?
« Reply #165 on: April 24, 2020, 03:35:30 PM »
he went with (b)

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
  • Da mihi castitatem et continentiam, sed noli modo!
« Reply #166 on: April 24, 2020, 03:44:07 PM »
https://knowyourmeme.com/photos/26479-get-a-brain-morans

Never acknowledge - or even remember - a "gaff": If it is mentioned again it is:

(a) Fake news

(b) Taken out of context.

Again - this is typical of a bully, what bothers me is not the bully, but the folk that knowingly support and enable the bully.

So I read that it was his interpretation of sarcasm and the press made him do it.

By your reckoning just about every country leader is also complicit or at least complacent. If no one calls him out on his sarcasm claim and says not to talk such utter cowpoo, he'll believe he's got away with it again.
Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can put off until the day after.

There is an exception to every rule, apart from this one.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #167 on: April 24, 2020, 10:15:24 PM »
I didn't watch today's. Couldn't.

My town made masks mandatory by city council vote. On one hand, the masks are vital. On the other hand, I don't like that kind of power in the hands of the city council.

I believe a State mandate would be more appropriate, but I understand why that might not be possible or desirable.

I have heard that the protesters did indeed infect each other.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2020, 10:17:07 PM by 8ullfrog »

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
« Reply #168 on: April 25, 2020, 04:55:10 AM »
By your reckoning just about every country leader is also complicit or at least complacent. If no one calls him out on his sarcasm claim and says not to talk such utter cowpoo, he'll believe he's got away with it again.

In reverse order: he has got away with it. He can't not get away with it.

World leaders: No, not all. Some are actively taking advantage without being complicit. The New World Order™ will give an awful lot more ground to the authoritarian leaders that America currently looks up to with admiration (institutionally, at least: has anyone even looked at Russia's published numbers?). But as far as BoJo goes, yes: complicit. Lap dogs abound.

My idea of a NWO is for everyone else to cut America loose, and for the rest of the world to learn to survive without Apple and Starbucks. Being bullied by a bully is never fun, and sucking up to the bully in the hope of crumbs is worse than starving. The WHO, the UN, NATO and all the rest need to learn to survive without US funds - at long last we should let (e.g.) the middle east sort itself out without the neighbourhood gorillas messing in the sandbox.

Steady on. A world without Apple, I ask you ...

The way I see it, idiotic world leaders are in the majority - depending on what you personally believe. I hate the practice of torturing dogs before they are eaten that South Koreans believe is their cultural right (stems back to China again, though). And as their country's leaders allow it, they must also be as idiotic as Trump - in my opinion.

A NWO would be tricky to configure outside of my house. I mean, the bloke 6 doors down insulted my work once so he'll have to go too.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #169 on: April 26, 2020, 11:13:38 AM »
I blame the TriLateral commission, black helicopters and their jack booted thugs.  In short, we are all doomed.

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
« Reply #170 on: April 26, 2020, 11:37:02 AM »
I've eaten so much during this lockdown that I doubt I'll be able squeeze back out through the door once I'm allowed to. I'm finding that incredibly depressing.

Of course. there is a cure for that. It's called eating less.

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
« Reply #171 on: April 27, 2020, 09:54:39 AM »
Back to the grind today working for a recently retired MP no less.

Not that hard work but I was glad to be burning calories for a change rather than collecting them.

Of course, as soon as I got home I had a sandwich, a large beer and 2 triple choc biscuits.

Bugger. Will I never learn ...

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #172 on: April 27, 2020, 08:20:55 PM »
I got into the habit of a beer at lunch for a while, that was a hard one to break.

I've been ignoring the white house briefings for my own sanity, but the local poo is very dumb.

Beaches are now open, but you are not allowed to stop moving. I imagine walking through other people's exhales as you frog march the beach won't lead to new cases of infection at all!

The rally's are damn near identical to tea party gatherings, and I found out that isn't just a coincidence. It's the same organizers. Not a big shock there.

I would suggest reviewing the film of these rallies and sending these patriot $1000 fines for violating the public health orders, but know that they won't.

Lot of my neighbors don't wear masks and just loiter about on the stairs. I want to shove them off or super soaker them with lysol, but I would be arrested if I did that. Probably be charged with a hate crime as well.

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
« Reply #173 on: April 28, 2020, 10:21:27 AM »
At least Trump's daily updates keep you watching, if only in anticipation of the next car crash. I've come to the conclusion that England's gameplan is to show you so many unfathomable graphs, and then go on to rattle on about each one endlessly, that you either completely forget about the coronavirus or completely lose the will to live. Either eventuality could be classed as a win.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #174 on: April 28, 2020, 08:39:02 PM »
Yeah, Newsome bugged the poo out of me with the endless talk with no options or facts.

Like, there are no options. That's where we are. Idiots are screaming for things to open up so we can get our plague on.

The leader of the "movement" just tested positive for Covid-19.

I can't watch Trump. I just can't do it anymore.

I did have a neat group I was a member of, but either it shut down or one of the mods purged me. I don't know, because facebook won't tell me, and the group no longer appears.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #175 on: April 28, 2020, 09:52:17 PM »
I can't listen to Trump.  It's like rewatching a tragic car accident over and over again.  Kind of like listening to non stop Dan Rather with that model of the Challenger that blew up.  I was stuck home sick that day with a tv that got only one channel and I had to turn it off because I just couldn't take the constant replays of Christa McAuliffe's parents faces as they saw their daughter die.  Once you realize that our country is being governed by a narcissistic sociopath, what's the point of giving him further audience?

Newsom is like a dangerous intellectual by comparison.  I voted for him and I'd do it again.  At least he has a brain and the ability to reason with an impulse to do the best for the residents of his state.  I attribute the relatively low number of cases in CA to his proactive policies.  I got laid off from my job in part as a result of those closures, but at least I'm still alive and hope to stay that way.  I have real concerns about the impulse to reopen stuff too soon.  The more I read about this virus the more it scares the bejesus out of me.  I'd like to avoid it if at all possible.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2020, 09:54:52 PM by 6pairsofshoes »

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #176 on: April 28, 2020, 10:06:10 PM »
I'm still irrationally angry about the single use plastic bag ban.

Because it doesn't affect people like Newsom or Moonbeam.

People who lecture from a place of comfort... I get the frustration, but not the stupidity.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #177 on: April 28, 2020, 11:18:22 PM »
I don't like that they charge for plastic bags or paper bags now.  So, how many of those "non" single use bags are just going the same place that the single use bags did?

This 10 cents a bag thing is like a regressive tax on those less able to support it.  The only good thing about the pandemic is that most stores aren't charging for bags now.  That's temporary, but I've been taking advantage of it.

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
« Reply #178 on: April 29, 2020, 07:26:00 AM »
So, if there is a global meltdown of the airline industry, is it time to examine other possibilities of overseas travel? We (the boy and I) were thinking sea trains running in transparent tubes throughout the oceans. You could kinda whale and shark watch while you go.

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #179 on: April 29, 2020, 07:56:06 AM »
So, if there is a global meltdown of the airline industry, is it time to examine other possibilities of overseas travel? We (the boy and I) were thinking sea trains running in transparent tubes throughout the oceans. You could kinda whale and shark watch while you go.
great idea,
Denmark approves start of work for €7 billion underwater tunnel to Germany  is this you ?