Author Topic: Is the Corona virus the elephant in the room?  (Read 49293 times)

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
Re: Is the Corona virus the elephant in the room?
« Reply #300 on: December 11, 2020, 10:52:40 PM »
I was shocked today how readily they capitulated to Viktor Orban, as his idealogy/politics threatens Europe far more than Brexit ever would.
At a uneducated guess, Today may turn into a regular occurrence
" How a far-right party came from nowhere to stun Romania in Sunday's election"

Offline Beatrix

• Cro-Magnon
« Reply #301 on: December 12, 2020, 08:09:17 AM »
I understand the need for the vaccine to work.  I really hope to God that none of you get sick, until the vaccine works, at least.  Breaks my heart, I'd prefer no one got sick, must be a horrible way.  I know my grandmothers are 90 and my family and I are all on the edge about it.  I've seen them both now, I want to be around them so much, this has just been awful.  My little girl is struggling with not going to school or the grocery store, but it's the least I can do to protect her. My sons father is doing the same for him, thank the heavens.

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #302 on: December 12, 2020, 11:49:27 PM »
The Vaccination has started where i live and as yet all ok (except a couple of reactions in london)
Fingers crossed.

Must admit when i had the flu vaccination Saturday, its the first time i have ever been in and out of the doctors surgery on time  ;D ;D

Online smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
  • Da mihi castitatem et continentiam, sed noli modo!
« Reply #303 on: December 17, 2020, 04:08:37 PM »
This poo's getting serious-er. There are people I know testing positive all over the place. It's like you can catch this new strain just by looking at a photograph of someone positive.

I feel now that it's not if I get the virus but when.
Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can put off until the day after.

There is an exception to every rule, apart from this one.

Offline dweez

• Global Moderator
  • Q
  • Rebel Mod
« Reply #304 on: December 17, 2020, 08:24:13 PM »
My brother found out he has contracted it. Said he had a fever and body aches one day a few days ago and now has now sense of smell so he went to the Dr. and confirmed.

My co-worker also just found out he has been in recent contact with someone who just tested positive. I'm feeling like crud myself but it feels like the onset of a sinus infection (which I used to get quite a lot). Fingers crossed.
--dweez

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #305 on: December 17, 2020, 11:41:22 PM »
be well both, make sure you have some one to obtain food for yourself dweez and keep an eye over you.

Online smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
« Reply #306 on: December 18, 2020, 10:16:30 AM »
My brother found out he has contracted it. Said he had a fever and body aches one day a few days ago and now has now sense of smell so he went to the Dr. and confirmed.

My co-worker also just found out he has been in recent contact with someone who just tested positive. I'm feeling like crud myself but it feels like the onset of a sinus infection (which I used to get quite a lot). Fingers crossed.

Got 'em tightly crossed bro.

Gosport has just been promoted to “tier 3”.

Is that the First Circle or the Gallery?

I saw the footage of Tuesday night in central London of people partying before us moving into tier 3. Come on guys, don't be so bless'ed ridiculous! The sooner we stop the spread, the sooner we can go back to partying all night long. If we actively and willingly spread it around without concern for others, we'll be in the poo for so, so much longer.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #307 on: December 18, 2020, 01:41:59 PM »
I hope you are ok, dweez, and remain that way.  I'm hoping this is nothing more than a minor case of the sniffles.

The whole business is worrisome.  Cases are increasing here and I try to stay away from people while out of doors and wear masks inside when I can't.  I have some friends who had it--mild case, but they both lost their sense of smell/taste.  I hope we can all stay healthy until the vaccines are available.

Offline Beatrix

• Cro-Magnon
« Reply #308 on: December 18, 2020, 04:35:10 PM »
I hope you're ok too dweez.  I got pretty sick a few weeks back, sinus infection is what it felt like at first.  I stayed home the entire time, took about 2 weeks to feel better and almost 3 weeks off work.

Offline dweez

• Global Moderator
  • Q
  • Rebel Mod
« Reply #309 on: December 18, 2020, 06:16:39 PM »
Well, must have just been stress from work and not drinking enough water. Got myself hydrated and a good night sleep and I feel right as rain.

We had a leak from an A/C unit cause water damage to one of our racks, causing a domain controller (manages user authentication and authorization) to hang (reboot fix it though). Our DNS server had visible water damage which fried a network card then short out the mobo. Been on site all day yesterday and today (just me and the hardware replacement guy) to get it fixed with my team in MS Teams/Zoom chats continuously but finally got the server restored.

Then I took some time for me and watched the latest ST: Discovery and The Mandalorian.

Yeah Bea, sinus infections are the worst.
--dweez

Online smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
« Reply #310 on: December 19, 2020, 09:09:15 AM »
An announcement shortly is predicted to put London and the south east of England into a new tier 4. That essentially relegates Gosport  :P but if it means I can't get a takeaway Thai on Boxing day, I'll be livid!

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #311 on: December 19, 2020, 02:13:13 PM »
We're in full "Purple tier" which is apparently just short of the dead rising.

I understand the entirety of Southern California is at 0% ICU capacity at this point.

There was some crap about the in-store dining restriction being struck down, but that's been stayed.

I already bitched about restaurants turning bike lanes into "outdoor dining" but I found the covid picnic tables particularly offensive.

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #312 on: December 20, 2020, 12:02:41 AM »
As we are again being roped into the same Tier as leicester city  >:( I may resort to getting out my old
PS2 and the dance mat
something to wile away the hours and shed a few mince pies

May also get me fit enough to run away from the New Mutant Covid 19 ( sounds like a movie plot for X-men)
This one sure spreads quicker than butter on warm toast
« Last Edit: December 20, 2020, 12:28:01 AM by goldshirt*9 »

Offline dweez

• Global Moderator
  • Q
  • Rebel Mod
« Reply #313 on: December 20, 2020, 08:16:06 AM »
Server admin lesson 247: hydrate the people, not the servers.

Noted!
--dweez

Online smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
« Reply #314 on: December 22, 2020, 10:06:35 AM »
It's all going a bit bonkers. People have to do their Christmas food shopping over the next couple of days but it's raining COVID.

This situation is just not tenable. Something radical has to happen like people being offered an unapproved vaccine or something. Otherwise the death toll is just going to outweigh any measure, sensible or otherwise, that any government could install.