Author Topic: Transfering Apple  (Read 2421 times)

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
Transfering Apple
« on: November 16, 2020, 04:08:38 AM »
About to get a new PC this week, my old one is about 16 years old and is a tad slow and a bit of a heath robinson affair.

Can back up everything to spare hdd and transfer across when I need but
Apple phones and ipads are registered to my old pc. What is the easiest way to reregister to the new pc

A  download Itunes and just plug in. Will It allow me to automatically use the new itunes on my devices ?
B  Can I transfer something across to make my life easier ?
C  something else.

please advise

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
Re: Transfering Apple
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2020, 11:12:14 PM »
"Registered"?

All of your Apple devices are likely "registered" to your Apple ID, and (iTunes on) your PC is likely "registered" to that Apple ID as well.

Do you mean that they back up to the PC, and synchronise to iTunes/ Photos on it? If so, then they don't care - just connect them to the new PC and say "Yes" when it asks if you want to trust the new PC.

You should at some stage sign in to your Apple ID on the new machine, so that any Cloud features that you are using will continue to work, and when you are happy that it is working sign out of your Apple ID on the old PC. It is probably easier if you sign in to your Apple ID before you connect an Apple device, but that is only a matter of housekeeping, it should sort itself out either way.

"Registered"?  yes sign in, my bad.

I have 4 different accounts on my present PC (family members),
no one uses Icloud at all so that should be a problem.
Will remove number 1 son and daughter as they spotify and I dont need their info for Appple log in on my pc.
Just wife and myself, so install itunes on new PC log in and  trust new pc PC.

Cheers

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
Re: Transfering Apple
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2020, 12:01:28 AM »
so new pc arrived on Thursday, returned it Friday.
Hermes delivered and left it on the doorstep upside down( this not signing for parcels is a little unorthodox, even if they do take a photo).
so took it out the box to a mess.
The graphic card had been ripped out of the motherboard causing damage and bent the rear of the case. Wouldn't turn it on as unsure if it would go bang or worse.
The sender should have either taken it out or supported it, but it had been dropped/thrown with force.
Gave up with ebay and purchased from John Lewis in sale.
A HP desktop. and just added some more ram, but no graphic card (i dont game)
Golly PC's have moved on since my last one.
 Turned on put my windows details in and even my desktop picture appeared. :o
I must say after remove the dross it came with I am so impressed. So quiet, quick, and with a 2 year guarantee- Gotta love John Lewis and it was delivered the next day.

Gutted old pc and used the main HDD for extra storage, the ssd that was installed with windows 10 on the HP is fast.
Seem to have a collection of HDD under the desk.