Author Topic: Stupid breakfast sandwiches [title to be fixed later]  (Read 2086 times)

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
Stupid breakfast sandwiches [title to be fixed later]
« on: January 13, 2021, 12:37:42 AM »
Picked up some jimmy dean sausage sandwiches at Gro-let.

They're... stupid.

I mean it's your standard breakfast sandwich. Bisected biscuit for the bread, Standard egg puck, small square of cheese, sausage puck.

No, the stupidity comes from the microwave directions.

First you are supposed to throttle your microwave down to 30% power. Next, you have to wrap the sandwich in paper towel. Then you defrost for 90 seconds... and at that point I decided "golly it, 30 seconds then turn x 3."

It came out kind of messy, but it tasted ok. I'm definitely going to omit the stupid paper towel step, that was a waste of paper towel.

I don't know where these stupid fussy prep directions came from, it's frozen crap! you throw it in the microwave for a minute, then eat!

(okay, 90 seconds with this one)

My Toaster oven has been fussy lately. It either undercooks to the point the cheese isn't even melted, or over cooks to the point the bread becomes suitable for bbq grill startage.

I miss that old one from the 90's, but I was unqualified to repair it.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
Re: Stupid breakfast sandwiches [title to be fixed later]
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2021, 05:58:14 AM »
Freecycle?  I don't think a microwave would produce the culinary goodness that all of us expect from JimmyDean.  Who the hell was Jimmy Dean anyway?  He looks like some kind of has been country n western singer on his commercials.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2021, 08:50:17 PM »
My grandma used to buy the meat logs, slice them up, and cook them in a frying pan.

These are just frozen sandwiches.

He actually seems like he was a cool dude, he gave a lot of people their boost up into stardom. He seems to have lived a very interesting life.

Sadly, like many "Name on the door" brand guys, a globochem bought the company and slowly phased him out.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2021, 05:09:25 AM »
I had forgotten his hit single, "Big Bad John."  And his variety tv show, The Jimmy Dean show.  Oh well.  I have an old brain and I forget.

He apparently generously supported local educational institutions and was dropped from commercials by Sara Lee, the company that had bought out his food lines, for being too old.  D icks.  I guess somebody doesn't like Sara Lee.