Author Topic: Hilarious product/seller reviews  (Read 2395 times)

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
Hilarious product/seller reviews
« on: April 21, 2021, 05:09:12 PM »
I was looking at feedback on eBay today and ran into some really funny complaints.  Have some you'd like to add?  Post them here.

Note:  "Top-rated seller:
One of eBay's most reputable sellers.
Consistently delivers outstanding customer service."
The amount of anguish pouring out of this guy's feedback makes one question eBay's rating system.  There's 114 pages of negative feedback in the past 12 months, and that's with 200 complaints per page.

"I ordered a pair of women shoes and instead I got a bathing suit."

"These shoes showed up with pet hair all over them and gigantic bite marks "

"Was supposed to be shorts but they sent pants"

"No recibi nada"

"Mud dirty. Description said some defect but didnt say ran through mud"

"I paid for leggings and received a tee shirt. Have tried to contact them 3 times for a refund with no response. By the way the tee shirt says "professional button pusher" on it. Who would buy that?"

« Last Edit: April 21, 2021, 06:22:20 PM by 6pairsofshoes »

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
Re: Hilarious product/seller reviews
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2021, 07:41:56 PM »
I once had an english seller ask for more money after he'd already shipped the game.

I told him paypal handled the currency conversion and to take it up with them.

There was inexplicably an english pound IN the game box.

So not only did he fail to extort me for the 5 GBP extra he wanted, he lost an additional one on the sale.

I've been more careful with purchases since. Did buy one out of Japan, but that was a collectors item, and the seller wrapped it BEAUTIFULLY.

Ebay always had a wiff of less than legit, but nowadays they are a joke. I don't like patronizing amazon, but it feels safer.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2021, 10:50:16 PM »
I've generally had good experiences with ebay, but maybe it's because I bother to comb through any potential seller's negative feedback before I bite.  This is a seller I'd walk a mile to avoid.  But there's plenty of people selling obscure stuff at a reasonable price on there, so I don't have a great deal of cause for complaint.

I've bought lots of socks via eBay at good prices.  Most of them were new older stock that had been sent to resellers the following season.  Other stuff?  Electronics.  Ear pads for headphones, oddball hardware stuff, books, shoes.  You just have to exercise reasonable caution.  amazon.com is another place that often has entertaining customer reviews.  Some people look at these short little blurbs as an art form.

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
  • Da mihi castitatem et continentiam, sed noli modo!
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2021, 05:08:56 AM »
You feel pretty safe with eBay over here but that is due to the existence of Gumtree.
Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can put off until the day after.

There is an exception to every rule, apart from this one.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2021, 06:37:58 AM »
We don't have Gumtree, but there's something called Blujay online marketplace, and the pricier Etsy.  I generally try to sell stuff via craigslist first, the advantage being that there's no fees.  Some stuff is too hard to sell on ebay or so heavy to ship as to render it prohibitively expensive so craigslist is a godsend.