Author Topic: Insane Saga of New Dog.  (Read 5059 times)

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
Re: Insane Saga of New Dog.
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2021, 05:26:59 AM »
dogs can be precious

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2021, 06:30:35 AM »
I'm poo at taking pictures of him, but my avatar is him.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2021, 08:14:34 AM »
He sounds like a great addition to your family.  It's amazing what a boon to one's mental health a pet can be.  The mess at mealtime sounds predictable and entertaining.  I sure hope it's only dry food he's knocking around.

Offline Beatrix

• Cro-Magnon
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2022, 04:51:05 PM »
How is the dog doing now?? How old is he?

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2022, 02:13:56 AM »
Well, he's still four until July I guess. I could check the paperwork but it's late.

He behaves himself on walks now and has not had an indoors accident for quite a while, which is nice.

He does not like rectangles. (tablets, phones) and will punch them when cranky. Mom's tablet has a nice streak down it thanks to him.

Everyone thinks he is a papillon, but he is a long haired chihuahua. When I tell people that, they look mad. whatever.

There is one tree stump that he considers a bitter enemy, so I try to walk him on routes that avoid it, then go "damnit" when I realize I forgot.

Yesterday he threw a fit at a fat lady who was smoking. I pretended to be angry, but I actually found it hilarious. She's ill tempered and sits there most of the day.

He still prefers stinky wet food over perfectly fine dry food, but he isn't quite as picky as he was.

He does not like the people at the bus stop, but rather than be aggressive, he walks as far away as possible from the bus shelter, which isn't fantastic as he's right on the curb and almost in traffic. He still does this at night, when there are no people in the bus shelter.

There is a jack in the box on most of the walk routes, and he very much enjoys the smell.

I hope it warms up soon so I can do the longer walk route, but since October it's been too cold, so he has about four shorter routes we take.

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2022, 09:56:40 PM »
Mix the dry and the wet food.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2022, 11:11:42 PM »
The dogs sounds delightfully quirky and a good addition to your household.

Offline Beatrix

• Cro-Magnon
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2022, 06:08:47 PM »
Agreed Six.  Sounds like a great guy, I’ve never been much for rectangles myself.  I was thinking maybe he doesn’t like the bus stop because it looks like a box or rectangular shape to his, as well. 
My cats Luna and Binjo are still doing so awesome.  Binjo is an indoor outdoor guy cat who stays in Kentucky. Luna is with me.
 I moved back to Indiana and will have my very own apartment for myself and my children in just one more week.  Pray to God thank you, I do.  This has been a hell of a couple years. 

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2022, 07:39:40 PM »
He's been a bit of a bully lately.

Expects to be fed promptly at six, and will get quite vocal if he doesn't get what he wants.

The other not so nice development relates to his intelligence. He knows that shortcuts can be taken to get home. Unfortunately, that has led to him STOPPING at each possible re-route.

Lord save me from this obstinate dog.

He's still pretty dang cute though.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2022, 05:15:39 PM »
My friend's dog can remember every shop that gives out dog biscuits on the nearby shopping street and insists on entering each and every one of them if we walk down that street.  It seems to be hard coded.  Food is a #1 priority.  So I'm not surprised that your doggie has taken to demands at feeding times.  I don't think cats are much different.

My bird would literally swoop down on my plate if he saw something I was eating that was of interest to him.  We had to gently swat him away sometimes to keep him at bay.  I miss him though.