Author Topic: iPad fun  (Read 2221 times)

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
iPad fun
« on: September 23, 2021, 06:24:19 PM »
Got a new ipad. Can't figure out how to transfer my music onto it from my desktop. iTunes (now Music) used to enable you to connect the tablet visualize it and drag tunes onto the drive.  But now, it's just not there.  There's no interesting way to do this in that program and I've tried "File sharing" in the System Prefs, but am still scratching my head. 

I can dig around online for an answer.  I'm sure there's one, but aside from finding some third party program that allows for the transfer of music files, is there a native way to do this w/in the apple framework that I'm just too slow to figure out?  Thanks in advance.

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
Re: iPad fun
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2021, 03:10:17 AM »
assume your pc is Windows10.
I use  Itunes app in W10 on new HP pc
plug in the ipad and then found the was was to to sync to folder with music in as the old drag and drop option just didnt agree no matter how i tried.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
Re: iPad fun
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2021, 08:54:33 PM »
Thanks, goldie.  I don't have a PC, but a Mac.

chrisT, I couldn't figure out why I wasn't seeing the iPad but I guess I'd forgotten to tell the devices to trust one another.  The only other thing I can't figure out is how to get the iPad to access my various mail accounts but I'll futz around with it  until I get it sorted.

Thanks for the links.  I'm running Big Sur so the first one didn't really apply.  Still, it was gratifying to get some music onto this thing and some books.  Gave me a chance to delete some stuff.