Author Topic: Back from the dead dept.  (Read 3984 times)

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
Re: Back from the dead dept.
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2022, 02:08:37 PM »
I didn't like If either.  But the whole movie put me off.

Malcolm, a suitable case for treatment, was somehow ok, maybe because of the luminous presence of young Vanessa Redgrave.  Now he's the eminence grise who shows up on random tv shows.  He doesn't bother me, particularly.  A Clockwork Orange was a disturbing movie, but it was meant to be.  The book was no picnic, either, especially with its futuristic slang.

Thanks, 8ully, for the Star Trek context.  I never really paid a great deal of attention to the subsequent series, so I'm kind of ignorant as to how the various series relate to one another chronologically.

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2022, 08:34:32 AM »
I didn't like If either.  But the whole movie put me off.

Malcolm, a suitable case for treatment, was somehow ok, maybe because of the luminous presence of young Vanessa Redgrave.  Now he's the eminence grise who shows up on random tv shows.  He doesn't bother me, particularly.  A Clockwork Orange was a disturbing movie, but it was meant to be.  The book was no picnic, either, especially with its futuristic slang.

Thanks, 8ully, for the Star Trek context.  I never really paid a great deal of attention to the subsequent series, so I'm kind of ignorant as to how the various series relate to one another chronologically.
I've never seen a Malcolm McDowell role that i have liked, starting with if ...

Hence I have decided that it must be him I dislike.

Made a name for himself very early on and thats about it,

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2022, 06:41:06 PM »
It's getting to the point that I really wonder why I bother continuing watching the train wreck that is House of the Dragon.  Really.  I've seen much more creative telenovelas with a fraction of the budget.  At least I get it in formats that enable me to speed up the playback so I can get it over with faster.

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2022, 07:40:59 AM »
It's getting to the point that I really wonder why I bother continuing watching the train wreck that is House of the Dragon.  Really.  I've seen much more creative telenovelas with a fraction of the budget.  At least I get it in formats that enable me to speed up the playback so I can get it over with faster.

so a series too far