Author Topic: Wii Salvage  (Read 2128 times)

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
Wii Salvage
« on: January 12, 2023, 10:36:59 PM »
I swear to god my mom is a ninja.

She doesn't even trash pick, she just finds this poo when she's walking the dog. I always wanted a second wii zapper, just as a joke. It's not like you can dual wield in the few games it supports...

Mom got me that second wii zapper.

I also now have a second wii. (no clue if it works, zero cables.) She also got another wiimote, but no third nunchuck.

Also the panel over the GC memory ports is missing, but that means this is a Gen 1 Wii, which is the wii worth having.

Specifically, to be cheap, Nintendo removed this feature from later editions of the console.

Bunch of games, but it's mostly landfill, which was pretty standard for the wii, Let's Dance! never really appealed.

Either way, I'm shocked and amazed.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
Re: Wii Salvage
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2023, 09:19:20 PM »
Your mother sounds really cool.

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
  • Da mihi castitatem et continentiam, sed noli modo!
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2023, 07:28:19 AM »
We have a Wii with a couple of nunchucks and a couple of controllers but I always assumed it was pretty worthless. I checked and I could get about 50 quid for it on eBay.
Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can put off until the day after.

There is an exception to every rule, apart from this one.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2023, 07:51:37 AM »
Honestly, ebay is the low ball. You might be able to get more in a non-chain games shop, but I'm not sure it'd be worth it.

One time I stopped mom from selling the nunchucks we have at a garage sale, she had them sorted with the silverware. :P

I was thinking I could turn the salvage wii into a filthy pirate box of emulation. Apparently it's legal now, so long as you don't load roms.