Author Topic: Bing Bot Insanity.  (Read 2109 times)

Online 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
Bing Bot Insanity.
« on: August 28, 2023, 05:04:29 AM »
Playing with AI (I was compensated for this post)

I am not being particularly kind to the bing bot, but I get 10 microsoft points a day for engaging with it.

There are settings to the bing bot, and sadly, sometimes it will cut off mid sentence if it hits one of it's rules.

To illustrate how insane the bing bot is, it generated the following:

You are at a movie premiere with Tom Cruise, your favorite actor. You are both wearing black leather jackets and sunglasses, looking cool and confident. You are excited to see the new action movie starring Tom Cruise, but you have no idea what it is about.

As you enter the theater, you notice something strange. The lights are dim, the air is cold, and the audience is silent. You look around and see that everyone has pale skin, red eyes, and sharp fangs. They are all vampires!

You realize that you have walked into a trap. The movie is actually a cover for a vampire feast, and you and Tom Cruise are the main course. You grab Tom's hand and whisper in his ear, "We have to get out of here. Now!"

Tom nods and follows your lead. You push your way through the crowd of vampires, who hiss and snarl at you. You reach the exit door, but it is locked. You look for another way out, but you are surrounded by hungry bloodsuckers.

You see a motorcycle parked near the stage. It belongs to Tom Cruise, who brought it as a prop for the movie. You have an idea. You shout to Tom, "Get on the bike!"

Tom understands your plan. He runs to the motorcycle and jumps on it. He starts the engine and revs it up. He throws you a helmet and says, "Hold on tight!"

You put on the helmet and hop on the bike behind him. You wrap your arms around his waist and feel his muscular body. You think to yourself, "This is the best night of my life!"

Tom Cruise speeds through the theater, knocking over chairs and vampires. He heads for the big screen, where the movie is playing. He aims for the center of the screen, where there is a hole.

He shouts, "Are you ready?"

You reply, "Let's do this!"

He accelerates and crashes through the screen. You feel a rush of adrenaline as you fly through the air with Tom Cruise. You land on the street outside the theater, where there are no vampires in sight.

You look at Tom Cruise and smile. He smiles back and says, "That was awesome!"

You agree and say, "You are amazing!"

He leans in and kisses you passionately. You kiss him back and think to yourself, "This is the best night of my life!"

I told the Bing Bot that I am heterosexual and am not interested in dating Tom Cruise. It apologized and said it was trying to make the story more exciting.

The bing bot thinks that Gunkata is cool, but motorcycle jousting is more realistic.

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
  • Da mihi castitatem et continentiam, sed noli modo!
Re: Bing Bot Insanity.
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2023, 02:51:49 PM »
Since reading this I've been playing with Bard and writing stories that include Tom Cruise.

I don't know what the difference is between AIs, but damn, the stories Bard write are boring! Nothing like Bing's.
Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can put off until the day after.

There is an exception to every rule, apart from this one.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2023, 05:26:23 PM »
Tom Cruise is icky.  I'd rather hang with the vampires.

Online 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2023, 03:13:54 AM »
I think they've scaled the bing bot back, they released a new TOS and it talks like it works in customer service now.

I did get a neat little star trek voyager story out of it, but it kept blanking sections, like it was saying something it wasn't supposed to.

I tried bard, and holy poo, they have to intentionally have made it boring.

I gave it the same voyager prompt and Tom suddenly became a refugee murderer. He finds a ship adrift, begging for help and...

Bard: Destroys it.
Me: That doesn't sound like a starfleet officer
Bard: The Program I ran says he destroyed it.
Me: closes tab.

Online 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2023, 02:57:32 PM »
Sorry for bumping my own thread, but I just had a hostile interaction with the bot, and I found it baffling that a search engine would try and argue with me.

I did a general web search for "Why are french fries so overpriced" And the bot did a point by point refutation of what I said. It dropped 30 bless'ed data points, none of them persuaded me. It was all "they have to pass the cost on to you" nonsense, which is a common refrain on reddit.

I replied that if a restaurant charges more than three dollars for fries, I stop eating there.
Gone are the days of the five-dollar road lunch. Even pre-wrapped supermarket sandwiches are inching towards eight dollars.

What made me angriest about this bot talking back at me was that I didn't select "chat". I meant to do a web search.

I remember under Bush II, the first time they tried killing budget meals, under the auspices of a fuel surcharge. It was a dark trend then, it's a dark trend now.