Author Topic: Can Humans Cause Earthquakes and Use Them As Weapons?  (Read 18891 times)

Offline hmed2390

• Human
  • Oh boy what a big mess, even Mickey's on acid!
Re: Can Humans Cause Earthquakes and Use Them As Weapons?
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2009, 12:14:35 PM »
and the fact that it's the US government that's behind it's advancements and research is even to send the bravest shitting in their pants.
A person who won't read has no advantage over one who can't read. -Mark Twain

Offline knownassociate

• Cro-Magnon
  • ALTAR GIRL & Secretary to the Mostly High Rev. AJ
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2009, 12:20:24 PM »
They have answered a few of the questions when cornered with reassurances it is only used at this time in testing it's possible effects with weather.  Does this make you feel better, safer...reassured? Doesn't make me feel any better!

Offline hmed2390

• Human
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2009, 12:21:38 PM »
I don't believe poo our government tells us, so to answer your question, no it doesn't.   :-\

Offline knownassociate

• Cro-Magnon
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2009, 12:26:36 PM »
It doesn't help that it is due north of CA. 

Offline dweez

• Global Moderator
  • Q
  • Rebel Mod
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2009, 12:29:24 PM »
and the fact that it's the US government that's behind it's advancements and research is even to send the bravest shitting in their pants.

Really?  Pray tell, what other country would you like to be heading this up?  I'd much rather the U.S. be taking the lead than any other country.
--dweez

Offline hmed2390

• Human
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2009, 12:34:20 PM »
Really?  Pray tell, what other country would you like to be heading this up?  I'd much rather the U.S. be taking the lead than any other country.

you say that because you live here. But you know that if the US had a kind of technology that could fux everyone up, it would eventually be put to use. Another middle eastern war to supposedly "end corruption and violence" which is what they would be guilty of starting.
To be honest, I'd rather the technology ciese to exist than to fall into anybody's hand.

Offline dweez

• Global Moderator
  • Q
  • Rebel Mod
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2009, 12:37:06 PM »
Cease to exist isn't one of the options.  I'm saying of ALL the countries in the world, is there a better "holder of the conch" for something like this?  Maybe a couple.  But I'd be deathly afraid if most of any other country had this technology working.
--dweez

Offline hmed2390

• Human
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2009, 12:42:40 PM »
yeah i see what you mean. Definitely better the US holding the card then say, _______.

Offline knownassociate

• Cro-Magnon
« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2009, 01:05:29 PM »
From this...

you say that because you live here. But you know that if the US had a kind of technology that could fux everyone up, it would eventually be put to use. Another middle eastern war to supposedly "end corruption and violence" which is what they would be guilty of starting.
To be honest, I'd rather the technology ciese to exist than to fall into anybody's hand.

to this....
yeah i see what you mean. Definitely better the US holding the card then say, _______.

Caved after one post.....

Anyway you look at it, we the people, will and do suffer the consequences. And is there any other country I'd be more comfortable as 'holder of the conch'...yep. Wouldn't surprise me to hear much of the knowledge and technology originated with non-Americans.

Offline hmed2390

• Human
« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2009, 01:07:42 PM »
i'm not caving  :D
sheesh  ::)

it's called being a suck up to get the other person to go away.  :D just kidding dweez.  ;)

Besides, I think dweez is reffering to the possibility of retaliation and world chaos. (as if that's not going on on a daily basis)

Offline dweez

• Global Moderator
  • Q
  • Rebel Mod
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2009, 07:09:20 AM »
I'm saying I think technology of this kind is scary in anybody's hands but, if it has to exist, I think the U.S. is one of the better countries in the world to have it.  Regardless of your opinions on the U.S., we have had an established government for over 200 years and are not prone to violent coups so that, in 2 years, instead of say a benevolent leader, now a maniacal despot is at the helm.
--dweez

Offline knownassociate

• Cro-Magnon
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2009, 08:06:30 AM »
Ok, now I can agrree more with what you are saying. Now that you have said "one" of the countries, not the only country to hold this technology. But I have a different view of our nations history. Our government was birthed in the blood of the peoples that pre-existed it. Hunted and slaughtered at will as if they were animals. The government was established and designed for the wealthy 'landowners' and has continued to keep it so down through the generations. The equality for all expressed in the constitution, etc. was a joke. Because it stated Native Americans only counted as part of a human, and blacks, not at all.

An established government for over 200 years is hardly a point in our favor as it brings out how short a time our government has been in existence when compared with most of the other countries.

Offline dweez

• Global Moderator
  • Q
  • Rebel Mod
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2009, 08:33:30 AM »
Nah, I can see some better countries to be the wielders.  Maybe the U.K, Canada (they don't do poo anyway :D ), or even France with it's passive aggressiveness.   But none of the middle-eastern countries, Absolutely not Russia or any other Asian countries.  Not sure about South America...you don't really hear much about them but I know some are in their own little guerrilla wars most of the time anyway.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2009, 08:35:02 AM by dweez »
--dweez

Offline knownassociate

• Cro-Magnon
« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2009, 08:39:24 AM »
?...dammit just when I thought I'd sunk my teeth into a good debate.lol.

Offline dweez

• Global Moderator
  • Q
  • Rebel Mod
« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2009, 08:54:12 AM »
An established government for over 200 years is hardly a point in our favor as it brings out how short a time our government has been in existence when compared with most of the other countries.

Not many governments have lasted this long without a regime change.  What other "longer established" govt's are you thinking of?
--dweez