Author Topic: Can Humans Cause Earthquakes and Use Them As Weapons?  (Read 18868 times)

Offline knownassociate

• Cro-Magnon
  • ALTAR GIRL & Secretary to the Mostly High Rev. AJ
Re: Can Humans Cause Earthquakes and Use Them As Weapons?
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2009, 09:47:16 AM »
Seriously? I was speaking to the length of time the Americans and the government were established here.  Life existed here prior to their arrival. Their were many nations here that  occupied different areas, some who were nomadic. the fact that certain words and phrases from one place have been traced to their origins on the opposite coast which shows interaction. Had their not been some understanding between the different tribes, they would not have been here in the numbers they were prior to the arrival of the settlers.

But if you are referring to those with a written language and all of the frills, we could start with China, England...or am I broadening government to include civilization.?

Offline dweez

• Global Moderator
  • Q
  • Rebel Mod
« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2009, 10:06:20 AM »
No, I'm referring to how long a "gov't" has been established.  The U.S. Democratic Republic has been est. since ~1776 and, for the most part has been benevolent the entire time.  But some countries go through regime changes every 5 years or so.  You never know what kind of leader is going to take control and thus, you never know who would have control of said technology.  You might have a Mahatma Gandhi type originally but 5 years later, after a bloody coup, you have a Hussein-type.  At least here in the U.S. and the other countries I mentioned, the gov't is established, strong, and set up for checks and balances.

Then you have other countries who have had an est. gov't for some time but are led by despotic-type leaders (i.e. Cuba, N. Korea) or have always been extremely unstable (i.e. Russia).

I'm not saying we are the best country in the world, I'm just saying as governmental structures go...we did a pretty good job.
--dweez

Offline knownassociate

• Cro-Magnon
« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2009, 11:14:49 AM »
Perhaps I am quick to point out the negative aspects, I have never been able to comfortable with 'well, it could be worse'. I honestly think, My gosh! If I can see these problems they must be pretty bad! So why aren't the great minds that are in charge take issue with them? That is the truth!

Offline Skadi

• Homo Superior
« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2009, 01:57:33 PM »
They have answered a few of the questions when cornered with reassurances it is only used at this time in testing it's possible effects with weather.  Does this make you feel better, safer...reassured? Doesn't make me feel any better!

You mentioned weather and it reminded me that I'd actually been thinking about weather control when I'd reas this article. A different context then you brought up, but it jiggled my memory..

So..besides being a weapon..it could also be used as a 'tool'..heh scary thought >_<

What if a government or entitiy wanted to implement population control? Even within their own country. An earthquake follwed by a tsunami would be a clever and effective tool. Wipe out round one, then follow with round two...then rebuild with a clean slate?

..something like the Three Gorge Dam project caused all sorts of problems. People were relocated, and other people fought to save artifacts. Or, Barbera Bush making the comment about hurricaine Katrina and how certain underprivileged people ended up in a better position because of it. If a 'naturally occurring' event took place (weather event, earth quake)..then no one could argue against it.

hmmmmm... :P

Offline hmed2390

• Human
  • Oh boy what a big mess, even Mickey's on acid!
« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2009, 07:54:23 PM »
Barbera Bush making the comment about hurricaine Katrina and how certain underprivileged people ended up in a better position because of it.

WTF? how did I miss that?  ???
A person who won't read has no advantage over one who can't read. -Mark Twain

Offline knownassociate

• Cro-Magnon
« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2009, 09:25:01 PM »
I read a while back suggesting possible influence on people's impulse control. Thinking about it, it doesn't seem that far-fetched...and it would certainly explain some of the stupidity  we see happening around us...lol 

Offline dweez

• Global Moderator
  • Q
  • Rebel Mod
« Reply #36 on: March 20, 2009, 06:41:26 AM »
Well, it's always been speculated that the phases of the moon affect people.  We know that it's gravitation pull is what helps cause tides.
--dweez

Offline Skadi

• Homo Superior
« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2009, 05:16:28 AM »

LOL..I'll get the exact quote. It was pretty 'out of touch'.  :D

I read a while back suggesting possible influence on people's impulse control. Thinking about it, it doesn't seem that far-fetched...and it would certainly explain some of the stupidity  we see happening around us...lol 

mmmmmmmmm..mind control... *thinks of the wonderful possibilities*  ;D

Well, it's always been speculated that the phases of the moon affect people.  We know that it's gravitation pull is what helps cause tides.

*howls* woooooooo

Offline laama

• Homo Superior
« Reply #38 on: March 22, 2009, 07:31:13 AM »
It is possible to make earthquake using tactical nukes in places like San Andreas Fault,Hawaii islands(US) and Canary Islands (Spain).
i'm waiting for someone to start an antisocial networking site.

Offline Skadi

• Homo Superior
« Reply #39 on: March 22, 2009, 08:25:55 AM »
It is possible to make earthquake using tactical nukes in places like San Andreas Fault,Hawaii islands(US) and Canary Islands (Spain).

ack!! laama! You revealed my evil plot :P

It was on Martketplace which is on American Public Media, but I get on my local NPR station. The quote, as well as the sound byte are easily searchable.

..And..it's not so much that the quote was THAT bad. In fact it's the opposite. She says it so offhand, and with a little chuckle, so it make it much worse. It shows how much she downplays the sense of 'home and community'. These people weren't just displaced from their home..but their whole lives. So..heh,..yeah. It was a good example of how someone in power could come along and force mass relocations of people, and not consider all the impact it could have on the individuals.

In a segment at the top of the show on the surge of
evacuees to the Texas city, Barbara Bush said: "Almost
everyone I?ve talked to says we're going to move to
Houston."

Then she added: "What I?m hearing which is sort of
scary is they all want to stay in Texas. Everyone is
so overwhelmed by the hospitality.

"And so many of the people in the arena here, you
know, were underprivileged anyway
, so this--this (she
chuckles slightly)
is working very well for them."

Offline hmed2390

• Human
  • Oh boy what a big mess, even Mickey's on acid!
« Reply #40 on: March 22, 2009, 09:46:30 AM »
What a total _____. Just like her___ _____ ____ husband. They're both _____ and all of their extended generations to come.
A person who won't read has no advantage over one who can't read. -Mark Twain

Offline Methiah

• Australopithecus
  • Follically Challenged
« Reply #41 on: May 28, 2009, 04:24:02 PM »
Quote from: cz85b
So what did you think of the video???
I just watched it.
I have thought that in effect we are slaves or just exploited human resources one way or another for some years now but the video seems to imply direct intent or design of such a system. Which doesn't sit right with me somehow. I see it more as an evolved path which bears a resemblance to their interpretation.

Offline Skadi

• Homo Superior
« Reply #42 on: May 28, 2009, 04:58:39 PM »
^ I tried to make that point in a labor class. But that wasn't the direction the discussion was 'supposed' to be going, so I got shut down. If I'd had cz around he could have lead a frontal assault and shifted the tide my way ;D

Offline davidsolomon83

• Neandertal
  • Le Grand Bleu
« Reply #43 on: May 28, 2009, 08:56:14 PM »
In a segment at the top of the show on the surge of
evacuees to the Texas city, Barbara Bush said: "Almost
everyone I?ve talked to says we're going to move to
Houston."

Then she added: "What I?m hearing which is sort of
scary is they all want to stay in Texas. Everyone is
so overwhelmed by the hospitality.

"And so many of the people in the arena here, you
know, were underprivileged anyway
, so this--this (she
chuckles slightly)
is working very well for them."

^ Just look at the tone of her  :-\ , Eugenics of the 21st century  :-\ , as they say, ..........absolute power corrupts absolutely !!

Offline knownassociate

• Cro-Magnon
« Reply #44 on: May 31, 2009, 06:56:30 PM »

In my dark past I was often a visitor at the local nutward.  During the full moon beds would be filled and more added till the halls were full. And still the staff, with one exception, all denied any possible connection, when I asked.

I've always been able to feel the advent of a full moon, not really a good thing.