Author Topic: The current state of banks  (Read 15748 times)

Offline jacktheripper305

• Cro-Magnon
The current state of banks
« on: March 26, 2009, 10:23:46 PM »

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
  • Da mihi castitatem et continentiam, sed noli modo!
Re: The current state of banks
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2009, 03:15:59 AM »
Extremely funny in a very sad and true way.  We have experts over here tell us recently you would have to be "completely bonkers" to be a saver in the U.K right now.  And what's worse is, they do not go on to tell you what you should do with any disposable income you may have.
Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can put off until the day after.

There is an exception to every rule, apart from this one.

Offline HDAngel

• Homo Erectus
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2009, 05:21:48 AM »
Extremely funny in a very sad and true way.  We have experts over here tell us recently you would have to be "completely bonkers" to be a saver in the U.K right now.  And what's worse is, they do not go on to tell you what you should do with any disposable income you may have.
Disposable income? What's that?
I may not have my Cherry, but I still have the Box it came in.

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
  • Da mihi castitatem et continentiam, sed noli modo!
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2009, 06:14:06 AM »
Disposable income? What's that?

Commonly known as "Loose change" these days..
Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can put off until the day after.

There is an exception to every rule, apart from this one.

Offline jacktheripper305

• Cro-Magnon
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2009, 07:38:25 AM »
'Dependents' make disposing of disposable income very easy.

Offline CMF

• V.I.P
  • Homo Superior
  • Intelligence is relative.
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2009, 08:48:51 PM »
Banks, ruining your life ever since... always  :D

Offline JackFrost

• Super Hero
  • I've seen the future. I can't afford it.
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2009, 09:13:37 AM »
Banks, ruining your life ever since... always  :D

There's more truth to this than you probably realize... ;) :D

Offline HDAngel

• Homo Erectus
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2009, 03:03:10 AM »
There's more truth to this than you probably realize... ;) :D
I could go on and on with this subject. Did you know that the IRS is a  privately owned businesses? Another interesting fact is the United States is one of the only countries that does not have its money backed up by gold. I believe they call it the gold standard. Our money is not worth the paper it is printed on. During a lecture at a college President Kennedy announced he was going to bring back the gold standard. He was assassinated soon after that lecture. Some say that was the reason he was assassinated, because bringing back the gold standard would create a change in power. The Sheeple of this country are just starting to open their eyes to what our government has been doing. Basically the United States has been broke for years. We print more money and create more credit and sell the credit the people owe to other countries. We are taxed on the money we earn, then taxed again when we spend it. In a nut shell we work almost 6 months of the year for the government and if we are lucky we get to keep the other 6 months of our income. But wait... then we have to use part of that money to pay interest on the credit we had to take out to survive. And the Sheeple wonder why the USA is in a depression. Go figure!

Offline Robin-Graves

• Rev AJ's Grand Inquisitor
  • Homo Superior
  • Power doesnt give you the right
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2009, 05:42:47 PM »
We are under what is called the "oil standard".
Our economy is based on oil.
I keep my standards low.
That way im never disapointed.

Offline JackFrost

• Super Hero
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2009, 09:32:31 AM »
I could go on and on with this subject. Did you know that the IRS is a  privately owned businesses?

Even worse, the deceptively named Federal Reserve is actually a private organization controlled by the largest banks on the planet. This organization managed to wrest control of the purse and the power to print US currency away from Congress after lobbying heavily to get The Federal Reserve Act passed in 1913.

So it should come as no surprise that the Fed's decisions benefit the banking industry at the expense of everything else.

Also, be careful of the gold standard. A lot of gold is already in the hands of rich and powerful people (and more is being collected if those ads on TV are any indication) who will have no qualms about artificially inflating gold's value - again at the expense of everything else.

Offline dweez

• Global Moderator
  • Q
  • Rebel Mod
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2009, 09:45:17 AM »
I could go on and on with this subject. Did you know that the IRS is a  privately owned businesses?

Do you have any links showing that this is true?  Not calling you a liar, just never knew it and my brief searches say it's a government agency.
--dweez

Offline JackFrost

• Super Hero
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2009, 10:34:23 AM »
Do you have any links showing that this is true?  Not calling you a liar, just never knew it and my brief searches say it's a government agency.

She may not have worded that quite right, but you can find some info here: http://www.dailypaul.com/node/30395

Offline HDAngel

• Homo Erectus
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2009, 04:56:13 PM »
If you do a search for "the truth about the federal reserve" you will get quite a few hits. They all basically say the same thing, only some go into more detail than others. The following is one of the sites I found that is very informative and includes good reference to their statements.
http://www.lovethetruth.com/federal_reserve.htm

Some say Kennedy was assassinated over a speech he gave on this subject 10 days before his assassination.
http://www.tpromo2.com/gko/jun02/061902.htm 

JackFrost,
Thanks for the help in clarifying the points I was trying to get across. This subject gets me so mad, I tend to get over excited , my attention deficit disorder takes over and I turn circles trying to simplify a complicated maze our government has created. You wont find any of this in our school history books.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2009, 05:26:08 PM by HDAngel »

Offline Robin-Graves

• Rev AJ's Grand Inquisitor
  • Homo Superior
  • Power doesnt give you the right
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2009, 06:00:56 PM »
Face it, alot is comming to light lately.
I think if it doesnt kill our faith in our govornment ( yeah,,sure,,what a word) i think it will seriously cripple it for eternity.
I keep my standards low.
That way im never disapointed.

Offline HDAngel

• Homo Erectus
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2009, 02:33:42 PM »
Face it, alot is comming to light lately.
I think if it doesnt kill our faith in our govornment ( yeah,,sure,,what a word) i think it will seriously cripple it for eternity.
The Sheeple are seeing the light. But they waited too long to speak up. There have always been those who have tried to alert us to the secret wrong doings in our government. In the 1940s and 50s those who spoke up either disappeared or they were chastised as communist. And thus was the birth of the Sheeple!