Author Topic: Scottish Music  (Read 8276 times)

Offline indie180

• V.I.P
  • Homo Superior
Re: Scottish Music
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2009, 02:14:51 PM »
ALBA (BBC ARRANGEMENT VERSION W/ SUBTITLES ) and some political editing.

« Last Edit: May 27, 2009, 02:46:35 PM by indie180 »

Offline indie180

• V.I.P
  • Homo Superior
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2009, 07:16:08 PM »
I found this and it it is the only time I have felt ashamed of who I am. We were the ones doing all the killing (the red coats done their far share to), but this was father against son, brother against brother, Scot against Scot. Culloden

But then again it was revenge for what the "highland host"(those who are interested can look it up) did. There were gallows in the town square (in the main village where I live) and many a man danced a jig on that, they murdered, raped and pillaged and stole ever thing even the shoes off their feet.(this was highlanders not the red coats)

Offline indie180

• V.I.P
  • Homo Superior
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2009, 04:18:47 PM »
The Edinburgh Military Tattoo, my brother was in one of the Tattoo's after the first Gulf War.

Where they are playing is the approach to the castle. At the other end which you don't see, there are house's, you can see cannon ball's still embedded in the walls from bygone battles and sieges.

I love the way the big bass drum is hit with soft sticks, you can hardly hear it.

A contrast to that is when a Scottish Regiment goes to or comes home from war. There is a lot less coming home, than went away.  :'(

The Black Watch coming Home.

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2009, 11:53:44 AM »
"Sgt. MacKenzie

Please read this first before you listen to the clip. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sgt._MacKenzie "

this was used on we were soldiers.
love the song