Author Topic: Get the picture Game  (Read 64944 times)

Offline JackFrost

• Super Hero
  • I've seen the future. I can't afford it.
Re: Get the picture Game
« Reply #90 on: July 11, 2009, 01:34:45 AM »
Well, here's most of my comic accumulation (try to keep in mind that very little of it is super-hero comics - and don't forget to use the slide-bar at the bottom of the pic ;D):

A pic of a spot that you feel has a good or special energy...

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #91 on: July 11, 2009, 06:10:17 AM »
wow fantastic.  ;D

Offline Discover99

• Cro-Magnon
« Reply #92 on: July 11, 2009, 08:14:03 AM »

Offline Skadi

• Homo Superior
« Reply #93 on: July 11, 2009, 09:40:43 AM »
don't forget to use the slide-bar at the bottom of the pic ;D)

o_O

I know and hope you never will, but if you faced a fire or a natural disaster, do you have a 'save this box first' plan? The picture makes me want to sit down on your floor and immediately start reading :P

Still up -

A pic of a spot that you feel has a good or special energy...

Offline JackFrost

• Super Hero
« Reply #94 on: July 13, 2009, 11:09:54 PM »
Did I make a poor request?  :-\

Should I come up with something else?  :)

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #95 on: July 14, 2009, 12:07:25 AM »

i didnt want to post twice but i love to sit in the chair and read.

a scary place  :o

Offline Skadi

• Homo Superior
« Reply #96 on: July 14, 2009, 05:19:42 PM »
Did I make a poor request?  :-\

Should I come up with something else?  :)

It was a good idea. I'd just had a bad week so nothing seemed zen to me :P Plus, I think too few of us post on this thread. It might take us a few days for a pic to cycle in.

[i didnt want to post twice but i love to sit in the chair and read.
a scary place  :o

^ No you can't cycle your pic through a thrid time for a scary picture :D You're garden always makes me jealous.

If no one posts scary, I will. I just have to think of a place. There's a hole in my basement that reminds me of 'The Ring', it terrifies me :D ::) ..but it scares me so much I don't want to get close enough to it to take a picture ;D

Offline dweez

• Global Moderator
  • Q
  • Rebel Mod
« Reply #97 on: July 14, 2009, 08:18:38 PM »
I'm not a picture person so I don't have many pictures to post.  I do read this thread (all threads actually) fairly religiously.
--dweez

Offline davidsolomon83

• Neandertal
  • Le Grand Bleu
« Reply #98 on: July 15, 2009, 06:58:06 AM »
I'm not a picture person so I don't have many pictures to post.  I do read this thread (all threads actually) fairly religiously.

^ more or less the same here plus the fact I'm not home nor have a digi cam here with me and most of all I scarcely get time enough to come visit here  :-\ , still........... i'd like to post if I can remember to bring some pics from home and that stupid digi cam  :P ..............my stupid PDA's got a 1.3 MP cam which is like SUPER BLURRY VISION  re-incarnated :P :P
« Last Edit: July 15, 2009, 07:00:12 AM by davidsolomon83 »

Offline Discover99

• Cro-Magnon
« Reply #99 on: July 15, 2009, 10:52:26 AM »
^hehe

can't think of a scary place except for the inside of my head  :D :D

Offline Skadi

• Homo Superior
« Reply #100 on: July 15, 2009, 10:59:54 AM »
^hehe

can't think of a scary place except for the inside of my head  :D :D

I was going to make the same joke, you beat me to it Disco :D

Or, I was thinking.. if I go take a picture some place scary... and I get killed, I'm going to come back and haunt GS and kick his butt 8)

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #101 on: July 16, 2009, 12:21:12 AM »
I was going to make the same joke, you beat me to it Disco :D

Or, I was thinking.. if I go take a picture some place scary... and I get killed, I'm going to come back and haunt GS and kick his butt 8)

:o :o :o :o

Offline JackFrost

• Super Hero
« Reply #102 on: July 17, 2009, 10:12:09 AM »
Okay, got a scary place:

Up the street from my house is a shopping mall. This mall was once the local city mall until the mid-90s when it fell on economic hardship after the dot.com bust (which as a side note should make you go 'hmmmm?' when considering that the last 'financial crisis' was only a little over a decade ago - but I digress) and virtually everything in the mall went out of business.

But just last year they completed work on the new Bella Terra Mall, rising phoenix-like from the ashes of the former mall - the Burlington Coat Factory is one of the only things that remain from the original mall, the rest having been built up around it. I realized I forgot to take a picture of the rest of the mall, but needless to say, there are more shop off to the right of the edge of the pic:

And while to some, the very existence of the mall would be frightening in itself, this preamble was only to give perspective on the actual scary place:

For some reason, even though the rest of the mall was torn down and rebuilt, this monstrous, derelict Montgomery Ward storefront remains. It is literally right next to the new mall:

It even has a ghostly remnant of the former sign that adorns the facade:

The entrances are routinely smashed in and are periodically boarded up:

Who knows what goes on inside this place when it's broken into:

One entrance they more or less gave up on and boarded most of it permanently, incidentally, this is the side that faces the new mall. The boards across the upper part of the building are blocking where you could enter the Ward's building from the second level of the original mall when it was connected to the storefront:

It's also interesting to note that even though the new mall has only been open for a little over a year, ALL of the storefronts that face the abandoned Montgomery Ward are out of business:

They even tried painting a little mural on it to spruce it up, but it really is kind of a band-aid on a sucking chest wound:

So, shall we try the spot you feel has good positive energy one more time?  ;D

Offline Skadi

• Homo Superior
« Reply #103 on: July 18, 2009, 10:13:50 AM »
^ Cool background and pictures :) I went to a really old mall to vote in last elections. It was like walking through a time warp >_<  When I thought about scary, I actually pictured that mall as one of my fall back options if no one posted, we both think malls are scary on some level. weird.. most people love malls :D

positive energy?

Animal Crossing always (location of picture: my house in my AC town) makes me happy. It never fails me. Even if I only play it for 5 minutes. Lots of other activities and places make me feel good everyday.. But, Animal Crossing just has this odd powerful way of wiping everythng. I get immediately happy, then in an even harder way to describe (because I can't place the reasons exactly)..it even centers and puts into perspective the real world for me.

A not so hot picture of my tv screen.. but, good enough to show how cute I am ;D

A vehicle. Any kind. It doesn't have to be yours.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2009, 10:21:19 AM by Skadi »

Offline Discover99

• Cro-Magnon
« Reply #104 on: July 21, 2009, 12:10:20 PM »
ohhh i missed the good energy pic :'( .. i finally got around to take one... well then..

vehicle

something cute and cuddly :)