Author Topic: What are you doing right now?  (Read 517651 times)

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
  • Da mihi castitatem et continentiam, sed noli modo!
Re: What are you doing right now?
« Reply #2805 on: July 30, 2016, 12:07:51 PM »
went out last night with friends for a curry and a drink.
I walked out the of the pub post having a argument over Brexit with some UKIP chaps.
Wife woke up at 4am on the sofa, whereas I awoke in bed.
Never going out on a thursday night again  :o

That's sound like a good night all round to me.

Booze, curry, an argument that wasn't with your missus, and all the bed to yourself for most of the night. You couldn't buy that night if you tried.
Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can put off until the day after.

There is an exception to every rule, apart from this one.

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #2806 on: July 31, 2016, 02:11:22 AM »
 ::) so agree

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
« Reply #2807 on: July 31, 2016, 12:37:40 PM »
I have been at my in-laws today and had to drive.  It's one of the only times I've been with my father in law (who is Jamaican) and not shared some Brandy or Rum at the end of the day.

Anywho, I've rushed home to remedy that.

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #2808 on: August 01, 2016, 01:50:16 AM »
Myself and the wife decided to go on a groupon deal to a local hotel spa.
Bosworth Hall

looked good, close to home, next to a lovely little village.
Had a great meal in a local pub at lunch and then for a dip in the pool.
The trouble started when we had the carvery evening meal, was like a bad day a Butlin's self service restaurant, he cutlery was stuck to the table from not being cleaned. Again at breakfast as well.
Room smelled of damp and had mould over the bathroom and window, Had to put the 2 singles to a double myself and had to request the bubbly drink and chocolates and towels from reception.
All in all a poor hotel/spa. I and the wife gave a stinking review.

Only good thing came out of it was the Wife obtained plenty of Pokemon from the opposite park  ;D ;D

Offline xtopave

• Site Modette
  • Q
« Reply #2809 on: August 01, 2016, 05:41:55 PM »

Booze, curry, an argument that wasn't with your missus, and all the bed to yourself for most of the night. You couldn't buy that night if you tried.

LOL  ;D

...an argument that wasn't with your missus...

I've heard you boys prefer a purple eye to passive-aggressive tratment and snide remarks.  :D

Room smelled of damp and had mould over the bathroom and window

I hate that!
The place looks very nice in the pics. Don't you hate when that happens?  ::)
« Last Edit: August 01, 2016, 05:47:39 PM by xtopave »

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
« Reply #2810 on: August 06, 2016, 01:31:01 PM »
Packing. Up at 4.30am so I'd better get it right first time.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #2811 on: August 07, 2016, 02:13:11 AM »
Yeah, that pool is even cloudy in the picture. Glad you managed to rack up some mons though.

Right now it's too hot to sleep, and the 360 is giving me two red rings. Google says this is an overheating issue.

Microsoft presents 3 options.

1. Make sure the system has clear ventilation and is not obstructed. Image shows 1990's entertainment system, in one cubby is the 360 with a towel jammed next to it by a soccer ball.

My 60 is on an ikea end table, and I put a 20 inch hampton bay floor fan behind it. Roommate calls it the B19.

2. Shut the system off for one hour before trying again. This is like "have you tried restarting it" level tech support, and I doubt it will help, but why not, I'm game.

3. The last option is to buy a replacement system. I dunno, I might. Mom likes watching movies on the thing, might be worth buying a used 360s. Either way I'm hosed.

I've been able to get the thing to start up and play some music, but launching a game, even the emulated ecco the dolphin demo, crashes the machine. Dunno if it's the gpu or cpu, but it's pissing me off.

I thought about saying frog it, and buying the one s like I was considering earlier, but it turns out almost none of my games are on the reverse compatibility list. No gta, no saints row before IV, no skyrim, hell, no bethesda other than the fallouts, and I think only one of the mass effect games.

I'm just glad the only dlc I had were a gamer pic and sonic 2. I never bought ecco because I've never got past the first level anyway (sega games always kicked my ass).

Times like this make me want to drink. Coming up on a year now. Actually it's exactly a year.

Offline brickbatz

• Cro-Magnon
  • Politically Incorrect
« Reply #2812 on: August 07, 2016, 02:46:59 AM »
Did you give up PC gaming?

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #2813 on: August 07, 2016, 03:29:56 AM »
Still need to dump the old desk and clear some room, right now the desk is packed with boxes above and below. I think that tiny god machine has clocked at maximum, 10 hours uptime, and most of that was the 10 update.

I did finally get all the boxes out of the living room, so I should definately get on that.

I drank a v8 in the dark and it was one of those spicy ones, I need to read labels better when I buy stuff, I grabbed like, six of them, and assumed they were all regular. It's cooler now, so I think I'll be asleep within the next 20 minutes. Leave the 360 for tomorrow.

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
« Reply #2814 on: August 08, 2016, 06:58:24 AM »
Trying to get a response from Hewanorra to see if they can locate my phone.

I doubt it and I can't worry about it. I can afford another one but it's unfortunate that it was only 2 weeks old.

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #2815 on: August 08, 2016, 07:32:55 AM »
lost or stolen

Offline Beatrix

• Cro-Magnon
« Reply #2816 on: August 09, 2016, 11:22:00 PM »
I grabbed like, six of them
They might let you exchange them at the store if you explain your position.
And, I'm happy it's been a year.
I believe I've drank about four times this year.  It's never really been my go-to, though..
Work is smooth enough, here in a week and 3 days I'll be off thirds and missing my night shift downtime, but I'll be around and working with this company still.  I'll be on call here and part time in the town I live in. 
The children are well.  My son is enjoying his new school, and I am so pleased with the service and with his teacher, as well.  Very in tune with Autism.  And he will be swimming every friday.  He likes his bedroom, and I'm letting him choose what color we will paint it.  He also has discovered how fun a large cardboard box can be.
My daughter is starting in home aba (applied behavior analysis) therapy next month at my parent's home with my mother. Therefore she's living there, and my apartment is an efficiency.  I spend five days a week with her still.  And she's going to the same school as the last four years. She's adjusting well, during bath time last night she was all smiles and laughter, comforted and secured by life. 

Offline xtopave

• Site Modette
  • Q
« Reply #2817 on: August 19, 2016, 12:38:04 PM »
The children are well.  My son is enjoying his new school, and I am so pleased with the service and with his teacher, as well.  Very in tune with Autism.  And he will be swimming every friday.  He likes his bedroom, and I'm letting him choose what color we will paint it.  He also has discovered how fun a large cardboard box can be.
My daughter is starting in home aba (applied behavior analysis) therapy next month at my parent's home with my mother. Therefore she's living there, and my apartment is an efficiency.  I spend five days a week with her still.  And she's going to the same school as the last four years. She's adjusting well, during bath time last night she was all smiles and laughter, comforted and secured by life.

That's so good to hear, Bea. When kids are well, all is well.

Trying to get a response from Hewanorra to see if they can locate my phone.

I doubt it and I can't worry about it. I can afford another one but it's unfortunate that it was only 2 weeks old.

I might be better than you at destroying phones but not as good as you at loosing them.  :D

I'm spending all my free time watching the Olympic Games. I've just watched USA vs Italy (volleyball). Amazing match.

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
« Reply #2818 on: August 23, 2016, 04:41:46 PM »

I'm spending all my free time watching the Olympic Games. I've just watched USA vs Italy (volleyball). Amazing match.

I missed virtually all of the Olympics while on holiday. However, Mr Bolt was rarely off screen in St Lucia.

Offline xtopave

• Site Modette
  • Q
« Reply #2819 on: August 23, 2016, 05:10:42 PM »
I missed virtually all of the Olympics while on holiday. However, Mr Bolt was rarely off screen in St Lucia.

He's bigger than a rock star all around the world!