Author Topic: What are you doing right now?  (Read 517407 times)

Offline Alfonz

• Homo Erectus
Re: What are you doing right now?
« Reply #2970 on: April 13, 2017, 07:34:46 PM »
Thanks, I'll do a little digging on Amazon.

I've had my battles on ebay also, people winning my auctions and then refusing to pay because they didn't see the issue prior to bidding. Happened 3 or 4 times to which ebay claims they can do nothing, they even tried to issue the sellers premium  >:(

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #2971 on: April 14, 2017, 07:18:08 AM »
Send 'em over, I'll sort it.
dont temp me, doesn't help that i dont know my way around W10 and dont own anything apple except an ipad mini, which all i use for is books and the odd film.
Wife had the audacity to state, STATE I need an iphone not an android one  :o :o :o :o

Now I am trying to use either icloud / photo sharing for her ipad.
Who the hell wants 60 gb of photo's on their ipad and phone :o :o

Offline Alfonz

• Homo Erectus
« Reply #2972 on: April 14, 2017, 08:34:36 AM »
There should be an option to automatically upload your photos as they're taken, you can then keep the device less cluttered and use iCloud if you wish to retrieve a picture at any time.

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #2973 on: April 15, 2017, 12:19:11 AM »
seems the icloud photos shows uploading my photos but cannot see them on ipad.
will have to sort out after my holls

Offline dweez

• Global Moderator
  • Q
  • Rebel Mod
« Reply #2974 on: April 18, 2017, 11:10:30 AM »
I've had 4 cell phones since the iPhone 3G was released (3G, 4, 5, and 6) and probably could have skipped upgrading one of those cycles.  "Android" friends can go through that many in a year.  And just to clarify, this is coming from a non-Mac Zealot (only Apple products I own are iPhone and iPad...everything else is Windows or Linux).
--dweez

Offline Alfonz

• Homo Erectus
« Reply #2975 on: April 19, 2017, 03:04:10 PM »
My last and only Apple phone was a 4C, the device was solid and reliable, the OS was fast and stable. Deal breaker for me were the restrictions of the media software, primarily itunes. I like to be able to insert my SD card into my machine, copy a bunch of albums onto it, and plug it into my device and have instant access without needing to input my Apple ID numerous times to add some folders. My Androids last me two full years before the need to upgrade, I'm not interested in some of the features that seem to wow the kids.

Offline Beatrix

• Cro-Magnon
« Reply #2976 on: April 19, 2017, 04:13:04 PM »
Running back and forth between home and the laundry mat.  .  . trying to believe that its worth being home a moment when I make these multiple trips back and forth. 

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #2977 on: April 19, 2017, 04:20:02 PM »
When I used the laundromat, I used to take stuff to read.  I'd hole up and focus.  The laundromat is blissfully absent of distractions.

Why do you go home?  Kids?

Offline Beatrix

• Cro-Magnon
« Reply #2978 on: April 19, 2017, 04:36:44 PM »
Kids and things to do before I need to drive.  I drive someone to work every night :)
My new job is 9 am to 2 pm but mostly I don't get home till three and I will be working later for a couple weeks.  It's hard to get anything done when I get home at ten thirty at night, but this driving situation is also coming to a close soon as well, most nights anyway. 
It's good to see you Six.  I was reading 8ully's thread about Thrones and I have a lot to say and no time to type :) I'll be back soon.

Offline Alfonz

• Homo Erectus
« Reply #2979 on: April 20, 2017, 05:54:49 PM »
I think that you mean either 4S or 5C.

As you would expect, I use iTunes Match: all my music everywhere on all devices. The only SD card I have is in my camera, and I haven't used a camera other than my phone in years. Keychain means that I only enter my Apple ID when I get a new device. The ecosystem is pretty solid once you have drunk the kool-aid. (As all y'all're probably aware I'm a non-Mac Zealot like dweez. I happen to have a few more Apple devices than him, but that must be a coincidence.)

4S sounds right  :-[

I'm not anti-Mac, I have 2 MacPro work stations and my wife and I both have MacBook Pro's. I use the work stations for video editing with Final Cut Pro 10, and resurrected the 1st MacBook Pro from the dead to help do some of my video work on the fly, my wife liked the machine so I found one for her also. My son is a huge iOS fan, he has made several attempts to "show" me how simple the integration between computer and phone is, but to me it still appears to be a long drawn out process that requires additional software at the computer end, perhaps that has changed since the last lesson  ;D

All of the flagship phones seem to have pretty decent cameras these days but I would still like to grab a mirrorless (MLC) camera, if for nothing more than the focal length I can get with the lenses. The Olympus OM-D looks like a nice unit.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #2980 on: April 21, 2017, 03:29:35 PM »
The battery for my mbp fell apart, because it was glued together. That's one bit of apple design I don't care for.

I'm gonna see how many episodes of thrones I can get through before the "scheduled" power outage. gits, I just bought a gallon of ice cream.

6 1/2 episodes, bless'ed chromecast.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 11:13:03 PM by 8ullfrog »

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
  • Da mihi castitatem et continentiam, sed noli modo!
« Reply #2981 on: April 22, 2017, 11:54:23 AM »
I've had 4 cell phones since the iPhone 3G was released (3G, 4, 5, and 6) and probably could have skipped upgrading one of those cycles.  "Android" friends can go through that many in a year.  And just to clarify, this is coming from a non-Mac Zealot (only Apple products I own are iPhone and iPad...everything else is Windows or Linux).

The only reason us Android folk go through so many phones, is because there are far more sweets in the Android candy shop.

My phone (Moto X Play) which I have had for about a year, is holding up far too well. I really want it to start having battery or OS issues so that I have an excuse to buy a Moto X Force - which is now ridiculously cheap for what it is. You may well ask why I don't just but the phone I want now, rather than wait for the expiry of my current phone. Truth is: my wife bought me the X Play so I have to cherish it for a while longer..

Dagnabbit!
Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can put off until the day after.

There is an exception to every rule, apart from this one.

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #2982 on: April 23, 2017, 01:11:57 AM »
The only reason us Android folk go through so many phones, is because there are far more sweets in the Android candy shop.
so true. I am still loving my Oneplus One.

BUT I must admit as the years roll on and my family pester me more about their Apple products
I do see why alot of people own them. You can buy any accessories for a Apple phone, whereas Android do vary on where they are from
« Last Edit: April 23, 2017, 01:13:31 AM by goldshirt*9 »

Offline Alfonz

• Homo Erectus
« Reply #2983 on: April 23, 2017, 06:17:41 AM »
The Apple kids are no different, with every new release of iphone it becomes a "must have".

Offline dweez

• Global Moderator
  • Q
  • Rebel Mod
« Reply #2984 on: April 23, 2017, 08:43:26 AM »
That's just basic "upgrade mentality", always wanting/needing the latest and greatest, not really an Apple-specific characteristic.  That said, yes, the Apple-heads do take it to the ultimate extreme.
--dweez