Author Topic: What are you doing right now?  (Read 507130 times)

Offline Schmoogsley

• Homo Erectus
Re: What are you doing right now?
« Reply #3420 on: June 13, 2019, 08:00:14 AM »
I went out and asked them when they think they'll be getting to my unit. He said around noon. That's good, cuz I had to go in there and drop a bomb.  :o  If I was next, I would have gone somewhere to do my business cuz I'm cool like that.  8)
« Last Edit: June 13, 2019, 08:03:34 AM by Schmoogsley »

Offline Schmoogsley

• Homo Erectus
« Reply #3421 on: June 13, 2019, 01:35:38 PM »
I like my new toilet. It's fancy. I'm a fancy lad.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #3422 on: June 15, 2019, 03:58:18 PM »
Hall closet was getting bad, so I laid down the law. Linens go on one shelf, random poo on another.

This got MAJOR pushback from the peanut gallery, who wanted a divided but shared shelf. I laid down the fact that if I'm cleaning it out, I'm doing it my way, and did.

Holy poo I'm weak, just two shelves in a linen closet wiped me out. Did get the job done though. There was a lot more random poo in there than I thought. The combined random poo shelf is now stuffed to the gills, but I actually know where the pillowcases are. Rock over London, Rock on Chicago.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #3423 on: June 15, 2019, 04:04:56 PM »
I hope you feel better soon.  My house is a mess.  I have to get rid of a ton of stuff.  Listed some things on craigslist that I hope to be able to sell.  There's a lot that needs to go out of here and I need to get started on it.

The sun is finally out so I might venture to a store, but with crutches and a boot, it's not very fun to drive and clump around trying to shop.  Maybe I'll just scrub the kitchen floor, instead.

Offline Schmoogsley

• Homo Erectus
« Reply #3424 on: June 17, 2019, 09:33:41 PM »
Just woke up from a nap. Spent 6 hours earlier today jumping through hoops to get recertified so I can go back to work. I passed. Amen. Back on the road Wednesday. Gave me a raging headache. Is better now. Some ibuprofen should knock it the rest of the way out. I am starving. 

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #3425 on: June 18, 2019, 12:27:29 AM »
Congratulations on being allowed to return to work.  I'm sure you've been chomping at the bit to get out of the house and back on the road.

I'm having a glass of red wine, unwinding from a relatively pleasant, productive day.  Contemplating what to watch.  TV or not TV?  That is the question...

Offline Schmoogsley

• Homo Erectus
« Reply #3426 on: June 18, 2019, 12:56:35 AM »
Thanks Six. Anyway, I vote 'No TV'. Gonna be quite a while before I even turn the telly on again. Belly full here. Definitely reminded of why I went 7 years without. And you are correct, I AM ready to get back in the game.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2019, 02:22:42 AM by Schmoogsley »

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #3427 on: June 18, 2019, 12:36:14 PM »
I was helping a guy troubleshoot a game problem and discovered they added 1080 support to GTA III, it looks bless'ed FANTASTIC.

Offline Schmoogsley

• Homo Erectus
« Reply #3428 on: June 18, 2019, 09:23:14 PM »
Trying to decide what hardware to get for my drumkit project. Will be starting back on this project once I get a few weeks of work under my belt. Going with 4 coats clear Polycrylic on the shells. Will be good enough for me. Yeah, I know, several layers of lacquer, wet sanding, buffing, etc... is the best, which I've done in the past, however, well, golly that. lol (How's that for a run on sentence?) 
Past 3 months I've been going through/testing many (over a dozen) sticks. Even chopping, weighting, etc..., to find the right balance for me. Narrowed it down to 2. Been doing a lot of practice on my practice pad. I have 4 different pads. Decided on the Vater. Anyone need some practice pads? lol 

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #3429 on: June 19, 2019, 12:35:08 AM »
coffee

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #3430 on: June 19, 2019, 03:06:32 AM »
Planning a visit to see Mr. Sandman.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #3431 on: June 19, 2019, 10:57:44 AM »
He seems to have determined that I was persona non grata last night.  I had lots of trouble sleeping.  Oh well.  I did get a start on the Hyperion Cantos, at least.

I'm drinking tea, hoping it dulls the effects of insufficient sleep.  Sometimes being tired results in unusually productive days.  We'll see. 

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #3432 on: June 19, 2019, 01:23:36 PM »
Well, Doctor Sleep is in production right now.

Ever read sandman slim? It's a little bro-ey for urban fantasy, but I enjoyed it. Dude gets sent to hell with soul intact. Dude does pretty well in hell. Dude comes back to earth to get revenge on the people who sent him to hell.

I am trying to work on my closet. It's stuffed as hell, I haven't worn any clothes out of it in years now (Tanks and T-shirts, I used to wear Hawaiian shirts due to insecurity with my weight)

On top of that I've got odds and ends going back to '95, and I could probably double the storage space just by rotating the boxes.

It's definitely a challenge, but it's not like I've got anything better to do.

Offline Schmoogsley

• Homo Erectus
« Reply #3433 on: June 19, 2019, 03:16:34 PM »
Already got rid of all MY hawaiian shirts.  8)

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #3434 on: June 19, 2019, 04:33:19 PM »
the screen protector fell off my Gameboy. Apparently they just glued it on, and the glue gave up the ghost.