Author Topic: What are you doing right now?  (Read 506667 times)

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
Re: What are you doing right now?
« Reply #3465 on: November 08, 2019, 09:27:30 PM »
I had to factory restore my mom's phone, she lost a ton of really great pictures of the gremlin. There was one of him in a green Christmas hat, and the rage in his eyes was just fantastic.

He's got those stubby little legs, but in his brain, it was straight up "DRACARYS!"

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #3466 on: November 09, 2019, 12:46:40 AM »
I'm getting ready to kick back with a glass of wine and watch tv on my computer.  I live in the future.  I don't even need a tv to watch tv.  Yay!

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #3467 on: November 09, 2019, 12:52:47 AM »
I had to factory restore my mom's phone, she lost a ton of really great pictures of the gremlin. There was one of him in a green Christmas hat, and the rage in his eyes was just fantastic.

He's got those stubby little legs, but in his brain, it was straight up "DRACARYS!"

google photos is free and a must

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #3468 on: November 09, 2019, 12:59:46 AM »
My S5 was backed up in full, including wireless network password. Apparently her droid was configured differently. I always figured getting the pictures off would be a nightmare, considering the damn phone didn't even have a card slot, but the problem rendered the phone unusable. Even getting it to do the factory restore took like two hours.

On the plus side, the phone is much zippier now.

Offline Alfonz

• Homo Erectus
« Reply #3469 on: November 12, 2019, 04:54:11 PM »
google photos is free and a must

Google Photos is cancelled, now I'm forced to manually upload all of my pictures to Drive. Since I started hobbying with a DSLR I don't really use my phone all that much for taking pictures, but if I want any of them I need to make sure I back them up before disaster strikes. 

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #3470 on: November 14, 2019, 12:49:03 AM »
If I could draw a cartoon of myself it would be one of those line drawings with squiggly lines indicating inability to process overly abundant information.  I'm deep into the vagaries of estate taxes and attempting to understand how to calculate generation skipping transfer taxes on estates over 11.18 million.  The textbook isn't helping and most of the videos online are for people who have the money and need to hire an accountant to figure it out for them, so it dumbs it down instead of explaining how to calculate it.

I have an exam on Monday so I have to be able to understand and apply this.  But after a fun evening of dealing with fantasy inheritance problems, I'm going to watch some sci fi or french serial killers to take the edge off.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #3471 on: November 14, 2019, 01:35:46 PM »
In the US, no inheritance tax is imposed on estates up to 11.18 million.  (The lifetime gift and inheritance exclusion amounts are combined in the US).  A million dollars will buy a modest 2 bedroom 1 bath house around here, so it sort of makes sense that the threshold is at that level.  But I basically agree with you, in principle.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2019, 01:38:18 PM by 6pairsofshoes »

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #3472 on: November 14, 2019, 06:40:51 PM »
I just feel like that policy would somehow be maliciously twisted or even reversed.

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
  • Da mihi castitatem et continentiam, sed noli modo!
« Reply #3473 on: November 15, 2019, 11:38:42 AM »
My one policy, when I get elected, is going to be to introduce 100% inheritance tax on everyone with more than £1million. Dynasties shouldn't be allowed, as inherited money is to blame for most of the world's inequality, so stamp them out.

-- it would also make estates over £1million much easier to manage.

I agree with this.

Unless I owned a property worth over a mill', in which case you can bugger orf!
Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can put off until the day after.

There is an exception to every rule, apart from this one.

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #3474 on: November 17, 2019, 12:15:44 AM »
looking at the darkness and thinking
do i have to walk the dogs ?

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #3475 on: November 17, 2019, 12:32:22 AM »
I like walking the dog in the dark. He seems to behave a little better.

If I don't get him out in the 8-10 PM window, I can expect a surprise on the floor. He likes a normal schedule.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #3476 on: November 17, 2019, 01:09:19 AM »
If my bird doesn't get out to play enough, he barks at me like a deranged little feathered dog.  It's really annoying but it gets my attention.  At least I don't have to take him outside to walk him like a dog.

Sometimes he barks just for the hell of it, and he nods like mad while he's doing it, as if for emphasis.  Maybe he's just the reincarnation of James Brown. 

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #3477 on: November 17, 2019, 10:00:33 AM »
You need look no farther than the offspring of the current occupant of the White House to find Exhibit A to support that argument.  You won't find me taking issue with that.  I tend to fall on the "you can't take it with you" side of things.  Better to endow a charity than pass it on to people who will just build hideous architecture with gilded furniture in their penthouse and foster delusions of grandeur as to how they've worked so hard to obtain the money they actually inherited from dear old Dad.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #3478 on: November 19, 2019, 12:21:01 AM »
I just passed part 2 of a grueling 3 part exam.  One more to go before I can be done with this for the time being.  I'm certainly learning a lot in the process.

Time to kick back before I get back into it again. 

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #3479 on: November 19, 2019, 12:24:02 AM »
well done