Author Topic: What are you thinking right now?  (Read 427399 times)

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
Re: What are you thinking right now?
« Reply #3060 on: July 01, 2019, 06:20:04 PM »
Eh, I had a horrible find today. I might be super ultra turbo-bent.

Or there might just be a clerical error. Either way, I'm a ball of panic until 9 AM tomorrow.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #3061 on: July 01, 2019, 06:23:01 PM »
Is this a communication from the doc?  I hope all will be ok and that it was a mistake.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #3062 on: July 01, 2019, 06:43:17 PM »
finances, and I only found out because my bank slapped a $12 service fee on.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #3063 on: July 01, 2019, 08:04:00 PM »
That kind of thing always comes to your attention after 5 p.m. where you can't call to get things straightened out and the result is that you get to stew in anxiety all night.

Just remember this:  you can't do anything about it, one way or another, until tomorrow, so try to forget about it until then.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #3064 on: July 01, 2019, 08:20:26 PM »
I know, but it's added that special level of "you can do nothing" to the anxiety.

I actually got called back by my bank pretty quick, fastest callback I've ever had. If I get the survey email, I will give Alexa full marks. Also, her life must be hell these days.

Offline Schmoogsley

• Homo Erectus
« Reply #3065 on: July 02, 2019, 08:59:51 AM »
The administrative division of the company I work for is the worst. Twice in 8 years I've had them fix their golly ups AND send apology letters. A lot of apathy in my company. A lot of apathy in the World it seems. Moral of the story: take care of #1 cuz no one else will.  ;)

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #3066 on: July 02, 2019, 10:31:09 AM »
I called at 9 AM on the dot. Estimated wait time 1 hour, 30 minutes.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #3067 on: July 02, 2019, 11:49:42 AM »
Jesus wept.  Sorry for your trouble.

I had to call PG&E (electric/gas co) yesterday and at least they'll take your number and call you back.  That's my favorite.  No extended wait time listening to bad muzak.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #3068 on: July 02, 2019, 11:56:27 AM »
I did both, and it's good I did.

The first agent was chipper, but refused to do anything.

The callback agent was actually human, and is doing a bunch of paperwork. I want to wring chipper's neck.

still on phone :(

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #3069 on: July 02, 2019, 01:03:00 PM »
golly, they made me talk to a 3rd agent, who was to put it politely "rural".

She was eating, and read from a script. She kept reverting my address to the prior, and then she would say "sorry" but she wasn't.

Now I have to go into the office.

Second one was super helpful.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #3070 on: July 02, 2019, 03:06:06 PM »
I hate the programmed "sorry."  One guy was so annoyingly repetitive that I warned him that if I heard him say that word one more time that I'd make a formal complaint to his supervisor, and then demanded to speak to that person.   Thank god I did.  I finally got someone with a brain and some competence.  This was about an incomplete order from a dept store. 

Working at call centers is not a good job and I'm sympathetic to the poor slobs who are the first who answer.  But after a point, life's too short to waste it with people who can't find their butts with both hands and a flashlight.  Best to move on to someone who has a clue.

I do hope you get this straightened out.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #3071 on: July 02, 2019, 04:48:47 PM »
First one refused to put the supervisor on.

So, I went into the office, everything was bent. They couldn't fix it, but they did cut the check. Like, the supervisor got locked out of the computer repeatedly from trying to fix it.

My guess is I have to do this again in a week or so, but for now rent is covered.

What happened was they mailed the "are you a felon" form to my old address. To answer the question, No, I am not a felon. They kindly printed me a copy. Also, it was a request from 2016.  Which means it's cowpoo, someone bent up on the computer, and they needed to show face.

So now I'm sunburned and angry, but the anxiety spike has been removed from my brain.

Offline Schmoogsley

• Homo Erectus
« Reply #3072 on: July 02, 2019, 05:17:26 PM »
Very annoying when they are obviously reading from a script and haven't heard or understood a single thing you've said. It's usually best to bypass first tier if you can.   

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #3073 on: July 02, 2019, 06:49:22 PM »
Yup, third one I talked to made me go through the whole security verification checklist.

I wasn't trying to do poo on the phone at that point, I already knew it was pointless. I just wanted to schedule the appointment instead of sitting around like bumpkin.

She lied and said they only do walk ins.

It was kind of cool, when you walk in they have a touch screen system where you tell them why you're there. And the first thing touch screen asks? "DO YOU HAVE AN APPOINTMENT?"

Another fun thing, I had my statements loaded up on my phone, but the BOA app wouldn't load in the building. Lesson learned, I'll bring PDF's next time. I think we have like, three printers? I'll be bent if I set any of those monsters up. Printers are a sin against god.

[update] dang I am burnt. the temperature went down a bit, but mine didn't :(       Stupid sky orb, stop injuring the pale!
« Last Edit: July 03, 2019, 12:19:33 AM by 8ullfrog »

Offline Schmoogsley

• Homo Erectus
« Reply #3074 on: July 03, 2019, 05:52:40 AM »
I think I put one too many jalapenos in this chili. Other than that, it kicks ass.