Author Topic: Would you like a drink?  (Read 36623 times)

Offline xtopave

• Q
Would you like a drink?
« on: January 22, 2011, 05:33:51 PM »
Right now I'm drinking a Red Lager Beer I like a lot.

What do you usually drink, want to drink, never tried, want to try, will never drink again?

Offline ohcheap1

• Q
Re: Would you like a drink?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2011, 05:46:46 PM »
For an everyday beverage I drink diet lemon-lime soda with a splash of fruit juice because I HATE diet soda.

Alcohol- other than gin there is really nothing I dont drink. Very rarely scotch because the only ones I can stomach are outrageously priced. Mostly beer (ambers mostly) and vodka. I expanded on all of these in budget bartender too.  ;D

Offline xtopave

• Q
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2011, 05:55:31 PM »
For an everyday beverage I drink diet lemon-lime soda with a splash of fruit juice because I HATE diet soda.

I hate diet sodas too. The only one that I can tolerate is lemon-lime adding some real lemon juice. Diet colas are well... horrible to me.

Offline MaxDreamer

• Human
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2011, 10:42:13 PM »
I drink diet 7up and diet Sierra Mist that way too. I usually drink them with cranberry or orange juice.

I don't drink alcohol. I never drank it before my 21st bday (strict parent) and haven't had a drop since my 21st bday (had a horrible experience). I'm always the nerd who asks for virgin drinks at parties. :-[ :D

Offline redlandslide

• Site Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • "We want a shrubbery!"
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2011, 06:05:58 AM »
It's not very often I drink, but if I go to a pub I'll drink real ales or bitters. On the odd occasion I drink at home it'll be gin & tonic or port (with cheese & crackers) or a bottle of red wine.

In my younger days I drank like a fish, usually lagers and neat vodka chasers. One night me and a friend were drinking - he had Jameson's Irish whisky chasers - and after about eight lagers and vodkas I realised my friends whiskys were building up a bit so started on them as well. I don't recall the final tally of alcohol consumption, but later that night when I was vomiting outside the pub I had a moment of epiphany and decided I wasn't doing that again. That was about 17 years ago and haven't had more than two consecutive drinks since. Coincidentally I was in a pub yesterday with the same friend (for the first time in about 5 or 6 months) and had two pints of Cain's bitter (highly recommended for any bitter drinkers btw).

Offline xtopave

• Q
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2011, 07:17:26 AM »
As an every day drink I drink carbonated water/soda water. My favorite drinks are gin & tonic, Italian aperitifs (Cinzano, Gancia, etc), red wine, and Scotch (which I don't drink often because they have dollar prices and that's 4 times more expensive for me). In weekdays I drink only one alcoholic drink. In weekends and parties I drink more. I used to drink more when I was younger, but now I'm more moderate.

Offline redlandslide

• Site Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • "We want a shrubbery!"
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2011, 07:24:54 AM »
I forgot to say my everyday drink is black coffee which I drink throughout the day every day. If I have soft drinks it's either Dr Pepper or diet coke, sometimes fresh orange or milk with breakfast.

Offline xtopave

• Q
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2011, 07:29:28 AM »
Ohhh, and I forgot to say I drink mate all day long (right now while typing)  :D

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
  • Da mihi castitatem et continentiam, sed noli modo!
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2011, 01:30:50 PM »

At the mo' I'm drinking a glass of St Merac Cognac to wash down the couple of glasses of Piat Pere et Fils Reserve Shiraz I had with dinner.  Later I'll have a cup of fresh black coffee made with my new coffee machine I received for Christmas, and in the morning I'll be back on the tea.
Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can put off until the day after.

There is an exception to every rule, apart from this one.

Offline MaxDreamer

• Human
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2011, 01:58:38 PM »
I don't recall the final tally of alcohol consumption, but later that night when I was vomiting outside the pub I had a moment of epiphany and decided I wasn't doing that again.
My friends couldn't wait to get me drunk since they'd never seen me that way.

I don't recall the drink tally on my 21st bday, but I remember what I drank.  I had rum, wine coolers, Vodka, J?germeister, Champaign, beer, wine, and strawberry daiquiris. I probably should have had alcohol poisoning, but I was eating pizza while drinking. The end result was me walking around my friend's apt with a 30 gallon trash bag with two holes cut out of each side of the bag tied to my wrists as a portable vomit catcher. That's when my moment of epiphany happened.  :D

I don't drink diet soda everyday. I usually just drink plain water and green tea.

Offline xtopave

• Q
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2011, 05:50:44 PM »
I had rum, wine coolers, Vodka, J?germeister, Champaign, beer, wine, and strawberry daiquiris.

It wasn't the alcohol that your liver couldn't process but all the different kind of stuff you gave it!  :D

Offline MaxDreamer

• Human
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2011, 07:33:36 PM »
It wasn't the alcohol that your liver couldn't process but all the different kind of stuff you gave it!  :D
I know that now but I didn't know back then.  ::) Of course my friends didn't tell me that either.  I still use the experience as an excuse not to drink. :D

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2011, 02:34:05 AM »
coffee in the day
usually only drink at the weekends ( due to shift working)

real ale  ;D ;D
vodka / cognac / Armagnac (when i can get something nice ) / German corn for a pick me up /
Wine of many denominations  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline subvinorosa

• Human
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2011, 08:29:48 PM »
I rarely drink gin now and hardly ever drink anything straight.  I think it's a Pavlovian reflex of some sort.  I smell alcohol, my stomach immediately burns.  So I cheat.  Besides, I like mixed drinks better. 

http://blogbard.typepad.com/.a/6a0105370922f3970b011570a351e5970b-320wi

The tall bottle in the middle is what I had last night.  No one bothered sharing with me since they were all drinking beer.

Offline Skadi

• Homo Superior
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2011, 11:10:33 AM »
Daily I drink water, fizzy water, and apple juice most. I drink hot tea at night, or sometimes in the morning.. Constant Comment, or green. I drink milk with deserts, of sometimes for breakfast. I'll also drink other kinds of juice. I'll drink chocolate milk, or hot chocolate on a whim. In summer sometimes I drink limeade, or sun tea. I'll drink soda of it's the only choice, but I don't like any cola. If a place has orangina, or izze's I drink those. I don't drink anything sugar free. Alcohol.. I'd choose a good quality shot of tequila, whisky, or saki. Mixed dink I'd order bloody mary. I like Mexican beer, Japanese beer, or random beers by small breweries.