Author Topic: Fallout 3  (Read 43621 times)

Offline knownassociate

• Cro-Magnon
  • ALTAR GIRL & Secretary to the Mostly High Rev. AJ
Re: Fallout 3
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2009, 03:41:18 PM »
Nah...

Offline Santafer

• Neandertal
  • Here Comes Daddy!
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2009, 01:50:48 AM »
The face kinda. Different beard.

It's funny how giving some water to a beggar in middle of the dessert can move you from Scourge of Humanity to Humanity's Last hope. That is the main problem I see with the karma system, it just doesn't affect much, specially the weak ending. And it needs more factions to join and do missions to, I think Oblivion beats that and I have barely done any of the quest while I have 20 on hold. It's funny how you can put apocalypse on hold to go pickpocket some woman.

Offline JackFrost

• Super Hero
  • I've seen the future. I can't afford it.
« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2009, 02:03:13 AM »
I prefer the genre Fallout 3 is in more than the fantasy element of Oblivion.

I still haven't finished Oblivion, that game is really bless'ed big.

Offline indie180

• Homo Superior
« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2009, 02:13:11 AM »
I liked the level up system in Oblivion better then Fallout 3, instead of having points to dish out, it was the more you used a skill the better you got at it.

I had heard Fallout 3 was supposed to be even bigger then Oblivion, that's why I was disappointed with the level cap.

Offline davidsolomon83

• Neandertal
  • Le Grand Bleu
« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2009, 03:21:38 AM »
^ Wow, from what you guys are saying, I MUST get Fallout 3 & Oblivion right away,  ::), maybe you guys would know if it would run with my machine...........yeah i'm too lazy for google  :P , its a C2D 2.4 Ghz, 2 GB ram, Nvidia 8800 GT? what do you think? would fallout 3 run good enough with good enough detail and fluidity?

Offline laama

• Homo Superior
« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2009, 03:42:20 AM »
Fallout 3 system requirements:
Windows Vista/XP
Processor 2.4GHz
Memory 1 GB Ram
6 GB free hard drive space
NVIDIA Geforce 6800
i'm waiting for someone to start an antisocial networking site.

Offline indie180

• Homo Superior
« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2009, 03:53:50 AM »
I had heard Fallout 3 was supposed to be even bigger then Oblivion, that's why I was disappointed with the level cap.

It's on the PS3 I have played them both, but I think there is a download for the PC version of Fallout to lift the level cap so you can get up to level 100 and max out all your skill's.

If you are thinking about getting Oblivion, get the Game of the Year edition it has the 2 expansion packs in it. Or as we are all members of another site, you should know where to look.  ;)

Offline davidsolomon83

• Neandertal
  • Le Grand Bleu
« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2009, 05:49:42 AM »
^ Thanx! i was about to download a one which had more people "contributing"  :D,

Offline JackFrost

• Super Hero
« Reply #38 on: February 16, 2009, 02:34:28 AM »
Check out this glitch:

The raider fell through that upper platform and all of his limbs, including his head stretched out like that...

Weird.

Offline Santafer

• Neandertal
  • Here Comes Daddy!
« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2009, 05:39:35 PM »
I did something like that in ES4, I killed a priest and he felt between a door and his neck stretched.

Offline JackFrost

• Super Hero
« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2009, 01:21:21 PM »
I just recently came across this place called The Sewer Waystation, which is just a little northwest of Greyditch (for those playing the game). It ultimately houses one of the entrances to the main sewer system running beneath the Capitol Wasteland, but otherwise it looks to have been converted into a teddy bear factory.

Lined up on conveyor belts are teddy bears, and on closer inspection of some of them, someone put a few of them in suggestive positions. Keep in mind I did not set these up, they were found this way in the game.  ;):

Offline indie180

• Homo Superior
« Reply #41 on: February 28, 2009, 01:28:40 PM »
I was in there early in the game, so I just grabbed everything that's wasn't nailed down to sell, so I never noticed but I did wonder what all the teddies were for.

I have a much stronger character now after restarting the game and I'm back up to level 19

Offline indie180

• Homo Superior
« Reply #42 on: February 28, 2009, 01:31:17 PM »
To late I kept one and sold the rest.  ;D

Offline JackFrost

• Super Hero
« Reply #43 on: February 28, 2009, 01:37:24 PM »
I was in there early in the game, so I just grabbed everything that's wasn't nailed down to sell, so I never noticed but I did wonder what all the teddies were for.

I have a much stronger character now after restarting the game and I'm back up to level 19

Yeah, I kept walking by the place, but wanted the XP for finding it so I went inside. I tend to scour locations so I found the bears.  :D

You're almost maxed out in levels then, it stops at 20. Are you playing the PC version?

You should go back and take a look at what the teddy bears are doing now!! 

Maybe they've multiplied!
« Last Edit: February 28, 2009, 01:38:59 PM by JackFrost »

Offline indie180

• Homo Superior
« Reply #44 on: February 28, 2009, 02:06:26 PM »

You're almost maxed out in levels then, it stops at 20. Are you playing the PC version?

Nah, the limited edition version on PS3, but I am glad I restarted it.

Still pissed at the level cap as I haven't bother with the main "find you father quest" yet.