Author Topic: Fallout 3  (Read 39397 times)

Offline JackFrost

• Super Hero
  • I've seen the future. I can't afford it.
Re: Fallout 3
« Reply #45 on: February 28, 2009, 02:12:51 PM »
One of the two cheats I'm using is one that sets the level cap higher...

Offline indie180

• Homo Superior
« Reply #46 on: February 28, 2009, 02:21:31 PM »
One of the two cheats I'm using is one that sets the level cap higher...

That for the PC version. ?

I would use that one as well as I don't think that really cheating, it's part of the fun of the game going up a level.  ;D At level 20 there are lots of new perks to choose from.

Whats the other one. ?

Offline davidsolomon83

• Neandertal
  • Le Grand Bleu
« Reply #47 on: February 28, 2009, 02:23:39 PM »
hey jack, what's the patch/cheat thing called that lets you XP after level 20, for the PC version i mean.

Offline JackFrost

• Super Hero
« Reply #48 on: March 01, 2009, 05:14:01 AM »
That for the PC version. ?

I would use that one as well as I don't think that really cheating, it's part of the fun of the game going up a level.  ;D At level 20 there are lots of new perks to choose from.

Whats the other one. ?

I tag Dogmeat as an essential NPC so he only goes unconscious and doesn't die. It's hard with not being able to change his temperament to keep him from getting himself in over his head, so that helps. Again, not really cheating, per se..

hey jack, what's the patch/cheat thing called that lets you XP after level 20, for the PC version i mean.

Call up the console and type this code:

Spoiler (hover to show)

The '###' is the level you want the new cap to be set to - keep in mind anything much past 50 or so is going to be fairly useless... :)

EDIT: When I got enough XP to get to level 29, the game had a pretty bad bug that made it hang, so don't go past 28. ;)
« Last Edit: March 01, 2009, 08:27:12 PM by JackFrost »

Offline knownassociate

• Cro-Magnon
  • ALTAR GIRL & Secretary to the Mostly High Rev. AJ
« Reply #49 on: March 01, 2009, 05:41:44 PM »
Howdy Jack, ha! Just finished..mmm, acquiring Fallout3 a few minutes ago. I'm getting ready to go out right now, but can't wait to check it out.

Offline JackFrost

• Super Hero
« Reply #50 on: March 02, 2009, 08:14:18 PM »
Howdy Jack, ha! Just finished..mmm, acquiring Fallout3 a few minutes ago. I'm getting ready to go out right now, but can't wait to check it out.

Be prepared to spend some time with it... ;)

And I just picked up a plasma rifle from a lone Enclave guy I managed to sneak-critical attack (had to reload a bunch :D), I can't wear his Tesla Armor because I haven't gotten the power armor training, but I can use the gun. With the plasma rifle, if you do a critical attack that results in the enemy's death, he will disintegrate into a pile of steaming goo:

Offline knownassociate

• Cro-Magnon
  • ALTAR GIRL & Secretary to the Mostly High Rev. AJ
« Reply #51 on: March 03, 2009, 10:20:41 PM »
Well then, if I disappear from here for 2 weeks or so, ya'all know what happened. lol.

Offline indie180

• Homo Superior
« Reply #52 on: March 09, 2009, 12:56:50 PM »
The Merchant Empire quest got bent up for me as the some Death Claws got into town and killed a few people, one of which was the quest giver.

Still I found the "Lucky Shades"

Offline JackFrost

• Super Hero
« Reply #53 on: March 09, 2009, 02:55:09 PM »
The Merchant Empire quest got bent up for me as the some Death Claws got into town and killed a few people, one of which was the quest giver.

Still I found the "Lucky Shades"

Yeah, The Vault wiki (an invaluable tool for the game, by the by) warns of that scenario - I'm assuming this is the quest from Canterbury Commons?

It says that groups of giant radscorpions or deathclaws will spawn near or in town and kill everyone there. This seems to me to be a bug or something, unless that's the ultimate upshot of getting the super-hero and super-villain to stop fighting is that the town becomes vulnerable to attack.

But it's got two mercenaries that live in it, can't either of them help out? It seems they aren't very god at what they do despite their bragging...  :D

I also have managed to discover these two obnoxiously powerful weapons:

Firelance

This one was a gimme. As I approached one of the power stations on the map, there was the sond of a jet flying overhead and a colorful explosion that looked like fireworks. As I stood there watching for anything that might be an enemy, these little glowing rods began falling from the sky:

They turn out to be 'alien power cells' and as I looked for them, I ran across that little laser pistol called Firelance.

This is apparently a once a game random encounter, so if you see it happen scour for the cells and especially the gun as it will not appear again.

If you have all the damage and targeting perks, this weapon is almost 100% critical and does over 500 points of damage per round.

Experimental MIRV

This is found in the National Guard Bunker in a blast shelter that can only be accessed after picking up tapes around the Wasteland that give you the access code.

The thing is a monster and it fires 8 mini-nukes at once! One blast from this thing will annihilate pretty much anything in the game, even Super Mutant Behemoths. Not to mention that it's virtually impossible to escape the blast radius or radiation damage effect (especially indoors).

It's a ton o' fun in god mode, though... :)

Offline indie180

• Homo Superior
« Reply #54 on: March 09, 2009, 03:15:09 PM »
It was one of my mate's that told me about that quest. The thing that pisses me of is not having the traders repair skills going up to 85%.

Ol Painless is my fav and most used weapon, but I also have the Lincoln repeater which is pretty good.

Ol Painless can be repaired with Hunting Rifles, the Lincoln can only be repair with Ol Painless.

I also bent a few of the quests around Tenpennys Towers because I "Shot Em in the Head" as soon as I seen him and ended up killing the ghouls which I felt bad about.

Offline JackFrost

• Super Hero
« Reply #55 on: March 09, 2009, 03:29:23 PM »
It was one of my mate's that told me about that quest. The thing that pisses me of is not having the traders repair skills going up to 85%.

guess you'll have to work on that repair skill yourself then, eh?

Ol Painless is my fav and most used weapon, but I also have the Lincoln repeater which is pretty good.

Ol Painless can be repaired with Hunting Rifles, the Lincoln can only be repair with Ol Painless.

I don't think I've even seen those guns...  :-\

I also bent a few of the quests around Tenpennys Towers because I "Shot Em in the Head" as soon as I seen him and ended up killing the ghouls which I felt bad about.

Ah, don't worry about it too much, if you'd managed to get Tenpenny to let the ghouls live in the tower it doesn't take long before they kill all the smoothskins anyway, so it's kind of a damned-if-you-do-damned-if-you-don't kind of thing...

It's interesting that you can kill Tenpenny anytime and you'll get a huge Karma bonus...  :D

Offline indie180

• Homo Superior
« Reply #56 on: March 09, 2009, 03:34:32 PM »
I blow him away as soon as I meet him as part of another quest, by then it was to late, so I fecked at least one other quest and the outcome of another and getting another house, but I haven't been back so  ???

Offline JackFrost

• Super Hero
« Reply #57 on: March 10, 2009, 08:21:38 PM »
You actually can't get the place in Tenpenny Tower unless you complete a quest for a guy named Mr. Burke who you can meet in Moriarity's Saloon early in the game. Burke is Tenpenny's right-hand man...

He wants you to blow up the bomb at the center of Megaton doing that will cause your Karma to fall to -1000 (bottom of the scale) no matter where it was before and virtually everyone will hate you. So as you can see, you'll be playing a significantly different game than the ones you have been trying to be the hero.  ;)

But if you do take the quest, apparently you watch the explosion from Tenpenny Tower, and Tenpenny might even let you throw the switch.  :D

I haven't played it that way, but I kinda want to...  :D

Offline indie180

• Homo Superior
« Reply #58 on: March 14, 2009, 01:49:42 PM »
Finished it now, didn't want to but had no choice in the matter.  >:(  :(

If you want to avoid this read below.

Spoiler (hover to show)

Spoiler (hover to show)

Offline MisterAJ

• Rt Hon Reverend AJ
  • Homo Superior
  • Practice safe eating - always use condiments.
« Reply #59 on: March 20, 2009, 06:53:08 AM »
I just wanted to pop by real quick and say that this is the reason for my resent/current absence...

K, bye...