Author Topic: Dillion the Blind Cat  (Read 3878 times)

Offline mishca09

• Q
Dillion the Blind Cat
« on: April 09, 2014, 09:07:38 PM »
http://www.kittyarmy.com/dillon-the-blind-cat-navigating-through-life-without-eyes/

Here’s his story by Dillon’s human:

I used to work at the Animal Rescue League of Boston, and after I changed employment I continued to maintain a relationship with the shelter by volunteering as a foster parent. Each of our cats was at one point our foster — though we also fostered many other cats and found homes for all of them. Our youngest is Dillon, more famously known as “Dillon the Blind Cat”.

Dillon lived on the streets for four months before being rescued by the Animal Rescue League of Boston. He never fully developed eyes — his veterinarians were never certain if it was because of genetics or because of ocular herpes (a very common virus that most cats are exposed to at some point in their lives, whether they exhibit symptoms or not). His veterinarians were fairly sure, however, that he never had sight. To prevent ulceration and infection of what little, non-functional eyes he had developed, his veterinarians removed the organs and sewed him up. Because he was only a kitten, it allowed for his other senses to develop so fully and richly that today he carries on a very normal feline life — and yet he is also so extraordinary.

if you click the link there are videos to. Its pretty  cool to see the Dillion in action

Offline xtopave

• Site Modette
  • Q
Re: Dillion the Blind Cat
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2014, 09:45:15 PM »
He acts pretty much like any other cat I know! Awesome.

Someone should inform that cat that it's blind.  ;D