Author Topic: Local News  (Read 82518 times)

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
Re: Local News
« Reply #60 on: August 18, 2017, 09:53:29 AM »
such sadness in the world again.
to top it all Brucie has passed away :'(

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
  • Da mihi castitatem et continentiam, sed noli modo!
« Reply #61 on: August 18, 2017, 04:00:06 PM »
such sadness in the world again.
to top it all Brucie has passed away :'(

At least Brucie had a good game, so to speak.
Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can put off until the day after.

There is an exception to every rule, apart from this one.

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #62 on: October 21, 2017, 12:13:28 AM »
Definitely not local but  "Mugabe named as goodwill ambassador by WHO" http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-41702662

I honestly dont know what to say to this.
Spoiler (hover to show)

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
« Reply #63 on: October 21, 2017, 03:59:38 PM »
Definitely not local but  "Mugabe named as goodwill ambassador by WHO" http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-41702662

I honestly dont know what to say to this.
Spoiler (hover to show)

There was a time when episodes of The Twilight Zone seemed fantastical. Now real life has caught up, overtaken, and left that show flailing around the wind.

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #64 on: October 22, 2017, 12:06:27 AM »
WHO chief 'rethinking' Robert Mugabe's appointment http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-41711571
well they do / may listen to criticism

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #65 on: March 14, 2018, 12:39:37 AM »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-43396008

Well S,Hawkins will now find out if there is a God or not ??

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
« Reply #66 on: March 14, 2018, 03:05:09 PM »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-43396008

Well S,Hawkins will now find out if there is a God or not ??

Not if there isn't one.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #67 on: March 14, 2018, 10:13:41 PM »
Chump was in town, he was saying mexicans could climb over some walls, but not the prototypes we're paying 20$ million locally, just to defend. Let me repeat that, we're not paying that to defend the border, we're paying that to protect mock ups, and kids can't even play handball off the damn' things.

It sounded like he was saying "I like hearing good things, not bad things. If people tell me bad things, I fire them".

There used to be a three part restaurant by the airport that was easy to take family and visitors to, but that wasn't good enough for the city, so they bulldozed it, it's like a hole in my heart.

But I'm happy, because the developer naffs found a fault line and can't build the poo they wanted to. Plus they found underground sewer lines from Coronado Island and it's not like the Navy will let them golly with those.

Their proposal still looks like garbage and rips the entire area apart. They claim they want to make the waterfront look like Barcelona. Good for them, I hope they golly off to barcelona.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #68 on: March 14, 2018, 11:40:43 PM »
It sounds like they need to disinfect San Diego.

Everything I hear about Trump makes steam come out of my ears.  What an arrogant, stupid, morally bankrupt excuse for a human being.  Of course he has to pay people to have sex with him.  That border wall is one colossal waste of money.  We could repair countless potholes, bridges, and repair all kinds of aging infrastructure with that money. 

I'm glad to hear about the developer losing his shirt on his speculative deal that resulted in the demise of your restaurant. 

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #69 on: March 20, 2018, 03:31:45 AM »
They showed it being ripped apart on the local news.

The city could use dis infect ant anyway, with the hepatitis outbreak. The solution was shuffling the homeless out of tourist areas. Back in the 90's letterman joked about the scent of piss in the air before Juliani liquidated the homeless. A lot of them ended up in Chula vista, my neighboring city. That is to say, San Diego homeless and the piss smell, not the homeless Juliani liquidated.

I've been in the city, NYC, before and after that, and it's like they're aiming for a concrete soulless disneyland. There were laws against buildings blocking out blocks from the sun before bush. They got around them with corporate parks in the footprint of buildings. Imagine two benches in an L pattern around a sole, sad, stunted tree. Oh, and no one is allowed to sit there.

I don't like this future, I don't like it at all. Please get me a ticket to the reality where Bush was prosecuted and Gore won.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #70 on: March 20, 2018, 09:57:54 AM »
Yeah.  That was a 1961 zoning ordinance that allowed for unlimited height for office buildings as long as there were public amenities such as plazas in front of the buildings.  We got some nice sterile fountains with uncomfortable stone benches.  The real estate is so costly there that you have to be an investment banker to live there now.  The end result is the lower East side is being redeveloped as a disneyland for hipsters.

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #71 on: March 31, 2018, 12:19:23 AM »
Some good news for me
In the next village there has opened a local brewery and over easter they have decided to open a pop up bar in their establishment. I od course had to show them my suppor so myself and wife trotted off to partake of a couple.
A very Nice oatmeal stout was drunk  ;D ;D

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #72 on: May 18, 2020, 09:14:45 PM »
So sad.  Dinosaurs who were too trusting for their own good.
 https://www.theonion.com/paleontologists-determine-dinosaurs-were-killed-by-some-1819577180

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #73 on: May 18, 2020, 11:59:52 PM »
Some good news for me
In the next village there has opened a local brewery and over easter they have decided to open a pop up bar in their establishment. I od course had to show them my suppor so myself and wife trotted off to partake of a couple.
A very Nice oatmeal stout was drunk  ;D ;D

So a long while ago i posted this, glad to say that they are still going strong and have adapted uring these hard times to take away only ATM.
The cider maker is constantly planting new trees and keeping local land away from developers (although to be honest the land cannot be used for houses, but he does what he can to keep the area green).
And yes I do still go there more than anywhere else, great bunch of people.

So sad.  Dinosaurs who were too trusting for their own good.
 https://www.theonion.com/paleontologists-determine-dinosaurs-were-killed-by-some-1819577180

Isnt that always the way

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #74 on: May 29, 2020, 11:23:47 PM »
So son had his graduation last night via a Zoom call
They were all dressed up (well top half was) with his Chemical Engineering mates.
My beer was hammered and sounded like fun to the early hours.
Pretty sad for them but save is not sorry.