Author Topic: Brexit  (Read 36976 times)

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
Brexit
« on: June 25, 2016, 07:38:46 PM »
Because why not?

Mom watches the liberal propoganda network, and they went on and on about the whole brexit vote was inconsequential and obviously, the UK was going to vote remain. Apparrently the bookies considered "remain" the safe bet.

Then again, the liberal propoganda network had also been pushing the clinton v bush narrative, and look how that turned out. I was especially pissed about how rachel maddow constantly demanded bernie sanders apologise for the "terroristic" actions of his supporters, and also telling him to leave the race for the good of the party, despite the fact that young voters view hillary like an expired sandwich being sold as a premium offering.

But I wander.

It was funny watching them have no bless'ed clue what was going on when the leave vote began to take that narrow margin. They kept trying to talking head over an ITV thread, realizing they didn't have a fuxking clue, going back to the ITV feed, rinse repeat. Caught with their pants down really.

I recognize the views of Americans on this historic vote are possibly less than desired now, but I saw two college age kids with a banner that said "you stole our future."

Now, while I would agree that the boomers are certainly handing off a frivhtening future of economic mystery and fear of robots stealin' our jerbs, but those two kids holding that banner looked like two of the snobbiest little shits on earth. I'd love to run through that bless'ed banner like a football player, doing a header into that river with an inarticulate yell of rage.

But hey, it shows that voting does still work, even if it does create the nightmare future from bttf pt. 2

And Dodgy dave has an amazing madam face right now. Like wow.

Mom was watching her liberal propoganda station today, and trump was on a golf course somewhere. Scotland? He kept telling them their questions had to be about golf, and obviously the reporters didn't give a golly about golf. It reminded me of the adult swim terrorism case, when the two suxpects lawyer told them not to talk about the case, so they held a press conference about their hair.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 07:43:28 PM by 8ullfrog »

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
  • Da mihi castitatem et continentiam, sed noli modo!
Re: Brexit
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2016, 07:53:47 AM »

What the "young" don't realise is that for the last 40 years the country, and especially the press, have done nothing but complain about the E.U. All the loony legislation, the cost to agriculture, the idea of a single currency, the list goes on and on. No-one (at least no-one I know) has ever said a kind word about being in Europe.  It is kind to some businesses but crucifies others, so even economically it has never been truly well received. The idea of "freedom of movement" is ill conceived as some nations within the E.U. are far more desirable than others. It was always going to cause problems locally.

I don't believe Brexit should ever have happened and it never would have under a Labour government. The wrong party initiated it and the wrong PM defended it. If nothing else voting out felt like jabbing the administration with a sharp stick and I'd guess a lot of the 'out' vote had that intention.

It is what it is now and Britain should get on with establishing trade with every possible nation it can. I'm sure some of the East will see this as an opportunity and the Chinese especially have invested so much here that I doubt it wants to bail because of this.

Europe has tried to make this very hard for Britain but now has to adhere to the law which should steady the ship. Is has to hope and help Britain to fail miserably as if we actually were to benefit from this vote, they'd be a cue of other countries wanting their own referendum. That is worse case scenario for the E.U.
Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can put off until the day after.

There is an exception to every rule, apart from this one.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2016, 09:38:08 AM »
I've been reading some interesting stuff about brexit this morning, but it still seems like such a stupid name. At least they aren't slapping "gate" on the end of it. One interesting argument I saw stated that it was not in any way about racism, but instead about sovereignty and accountability, that leaders in England are more accountable than a commitee in brussels.

Since I'm childish, I'll suggest an alternate name for the press to use - "golly E.U."

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2016, 10:25:55 AM »
Your suggested name is all I've heard it called throughout my adult life.  It's odd now that we have a generation that wants in. I think they think that being in the E.U. means they are destined to a life of boiled beef and carrots. They don't realise that Brexit doesn't mean you can't drink coffee while sitting outside.

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2016, 07:40:00 AM »
Have heard of some of Fox news reporting on Brexit with Farage spewing out his usual propaganda.
Farage is live in the EU parliament atm on the BBC site, cocky poo.
 But were going out, so I am totally fed with all the political experts available at work and on my previous Union course, which I made a few enemies stating how poor the IN ran its campaign on so many levels.

funnies quote I heard from a Brian Moore who simply stated that
All the youth of today thought the OAP generation hated them, They have just confirmed it !
Demographically how people voted was interesting.

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2016, 03:48:47 PM »
I think that you missed a "not" somewhere in there.

Nothing wrong with a contraction or two. Just ask the French.

Yup.

We just aren't set up for direct democracy, because (a) it doesn't work, and (b) we don't want it to.

Consider that if 51% of the country thought that we should euthanise all left-handed (red haired/ big eared/ male/ young/ old/ ...) people, then we would be on a bit of a slippery slope if the tyranny of the majority were absolute - that it what representative democracy, legislation, common law, checks and balances are installed to avoid.

Choosing a bunch of lying, cheating, stealing politicians to represent us is our way of ensuring that the ignorant, idiot, self-interested populace is kept away from involvement in deciding anything important.

Euthanasia is way better the murder. Those carrot tops should count themselves lucky.

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2016, 07:56:00 AM »
So Boris doesn't want to lead the Conservatives as prime minister.
A big hit and run it seems.

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2016, 10:21:54 AM »
Watch this space at the next General Election, when we need a "Saviour".

can you foretell the future as well

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2016, 04:34:14 AM »
good new today Farage is quitting as UKIp leader

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2016, 08:34:40 AM »
His annual resignation. What is the little beggar up to now, one wonders aloud.

He's probably going to start a new party with BoJo. Either that or a pub.

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2016, 12:03:03 AM »
And here's all the people who voted for exit thinking its all over, Who knows what is going to happen with whether Parliament gets to vote on it.
For Someones sake hurry up the uncertainty is killing the UK economy

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2016, 02:39:02 AM »
And here's all the people who voted for exit thinking its all over, Who knows what is going to happen with whether Parliament gets to vote on it.
For Someones sake hurry up the uncertainty is killing the UK economy

The economy is thriving; it's the £ that's bent.

The friends I have that export are making a killing but they're scared shitless about what happens after we leave.  My guess is that if the pound is still weak, most of the European members are not going to want to give up cheap imports for the sake of some cronies seeming to look tough on deserters. 

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2016, 01:14:59 PM »
Today was our invoice date for hosting. I got an exchange rate (server in in Houston) of 1.18.  That's bloody parity in my book!!!

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2016, 12:54:12 AM »
It's getting like a long playing record, keeps going on and on and on and on and on and on
I love the fact every increase or lack of availability of an item is now due to Brexit.
Melton Mowbry pork pies may be going up in price, due to Brexit, But their made and produced in Melton Mowbry  :o :o
I am sure more increases due to Brexit will appear before Xmas  >:(

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2016, 07:10:40 PM »
I'm surprised this shitshow is still being held, it's like a tv show that should be cancelled. Then again, our own election here in the US is the same way. Neither candidate has positive numbers. Clinton is sitting at -30%, Trump at -60%. It's like a bless'ed steam sale on uplay games.

On SNL, Mckinnon as Clinton described herself as a "poo sandwich", and it's quite clear, brexit is a poo buffet!

I heard the latest clownwhoes cowpoo in brexit was that negotiations were to be petulantly held in French.

It's like, look, EU, it's a breakup. No need to boil bunnies.