Author Topic: 360s  (Read 3087 times)

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
360s
« on: August 15, 2016, 12:35:58 PM »
I didn't feel like waiting a year to find out who will win the hotdog waving contest between microsoft and sony, and the reverse compatibility list for the xbone was anemic, and dropped quite a few games I've yet to play on the 360. So I bought a used 360s for $120. Didn't really have it, but I've really had to scrounge the budget the last few months, so I called in a marker.

So far, things are good. It runs cooler, takes up less space, and came with it's own controller (the rubber on the left thumb nub was wearing on the old one.) Also, built in wifi!

Shopping for this thing wasn't easy, size was a concern, as was model. S is superior to E.
I got the 250 gig because the 20 was never enough, and I knew the 4 gig couldn't even handle some popular titles.

So I'll probably never buy a one s, but I'm starting to be ok with that.

Sandly, the 360 section continues to shrink and will eventually be gone, but my last 360 lasted ten years, and that thing was defective out of the gate. Who knows, I might even buy a kinect!

Offline brickbatz

• Cro-Magnon
  • Politically Incorrect
Re: 360s
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2016, 06:59:47 PM »
We bought a Kinect with the 360. I played some ping pong and threw out my shoulder and elbow while boxing (it's hard on you when you don't actually hit something) but it's been unplugged for the last 2 ~ 3 years.

If you're going to buy Xbox Live GOLD to play online or just get the 2 free games a month, you can get it cheaper at G2A. Usually $59.99 for 12 months - $40.55 @ G2A. That's the way I went.

https://www.g2a.com/?search=xbox

This months Games With Gold are Spelunky and Beyond Good and Evil (good game, played it on the PS2).

* http://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/games-with-gold

« Last Edit: August 15, 2016, 07:07:32 PM by brickbatz »

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
Re: 360s
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2016, 12:32:22 AM »
Nah, I've still got 4-6 games on disk. Will miss my free hexic and yaris. Should be able to recover sonic 2 and I MIGHT buy ecco.

Honestly wish you could buy snes games on xbl, I have the cart for yoshi's island sitting on the table.