Author Topic: SNES Classic.  (Read 6520 times)

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
SNES Classic.
« on: November 13, 2017, 02:22:06 PM »
So Oscar at gamestop is a damn' liar.

Was reading some "tips" online on how to get an snes classic, and read that getting a woman to call in is more effective than if you are a dude.

Oscar told me to call daily, and kept telling me that they were fresh out.

Istocknow, a retail stalking site, said they got them in 3 days ago.

Apparently it's Oscar's day off, because Zach told my mom he had one, but could not hold. So I rushed over, tempted to run red lights.

Thankfully, the dude ahead of me in line apparently needed his preorders notarized, so no one else was on line, so I scored!

Zach confirmed they got them in on friday. So Oscar is a richard. And I have my SNES classic!

It's slightly smaller than the original gameboy, and you can tell they worked hard on the emulator to get timing down. I died on supwr maro world level one because of my false emulator reflexes!

Only complaints are that it's 4/3 or nothin, and the game selection. But it's got yoshi's island, so I'm happy.

Despite the form factor, the power switch still has that satisfying click to it.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2019, 01:37:16 PM by 8ullfrog »

Offline brickbatz

• Cro-Magnon
  • Politically Incorrect
Re: SNES Classic
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2017, 10:43:56 AM »
Congrats. Are you playing on the PC at all?

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
Re: SNES Classic.
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2023, 03:10:21 PM »
I know this is necromancy!

But I used the SNES classic as an HDMI cable tester the other day. Fairly expensive as far as test equipment goes, but the cable passed!

It's almost ideal as test equipment, all it really requires is USB power, and then you can test your HDMI cable. It's lightweight, ultra portable, and the test was done in seconds.