Author Topic: Noisy New Neighbours Next Door  (Read 8374 times)

Offline aelthric

• Australopithecus
Noisy New Neighbours Next Door
« on: July 18, 2018, 02:30:51 PM »
Nothing to see here...
« Last Edit: April 26, 2020, 08:53:40 PM by aelthric »

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
Re: Noisy New Neighbours Next Door
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2018, 11:32:03 PM »
I'm glad you've found a home, floating sucks.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2018, 02:03:38 AM »
And a rather nice home, too, judging by the neighbors.

Offline Alfonz

• Homo Erectus
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2018, 10:57:51 AM »
That's awesome! Sometimes the world seems much smaller  :)

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2018, 10:17:02 PM »
There are some very good people that I've met through Demonoid, and Linda and Jock have been just great to so many of us.  I hope they're happy and well.  How nice that you are able to find housing near them. 

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
  • Da mihi castitatem et continentiam, sed noli modo!
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2018, 09:11:39 AM »
Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can put off until the day after.

There is an exception to every rule, apart from this one.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2018, 05:59:54 PM »
Hah, and owch.

I had a problem where my showers were not reaching a level that killed germs, it was feckin' cold!

I brought it up, and was told "No one else said anything." No poo. Even I was afraid to raise it. Current rent in my area is double what I am paying now, and I'd be SOL if I had to move, but those cold showers were lowering my quality of life to the point I had to say something. I've not got much, but I want my hot showers!

As to noisy neighbors, I got em. Shitty rap, R&B and the less enjoyable Motown. Like they chose the shittiest songs possible.

So I'm blasting THREE DAWG! Galaxy News Radio. Giving you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts.
(Galaxy news radio is a radio station in the game Fallout 3) Mostly 40's big band.

OH GOOD NOW THEY'RE SMOKING POT.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2018, 10:11:47 PM »
I'm so glad to hear that you are settling into Scotland.  Frankly, if things remain the way they're currently going here, we may emigrate, ourselves.  My husband has been looking at properties near London.

It would be great to be able to zip up and see you, Linda, Jock and Bubu.

8ully, I am sorry for your rude neighbors.  We're pretty much blessed with lovely people on both sides.  Very little trouble and much kindness traded back and forth, sharing of food, meals, invitations to parties and the like.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2018, 11:55:45 PM »
Oh, my actual neighbors are fantastic, they sent me up some fresh tacos when I was real sick on the 15th, really helped me back up.

It's the idiots in the building behind us that are a problem. They had a huge window in front of their unit that they busted out when they moved in, it's been plywood ever since.

I tried to ignore it today, because there were birthday balloons, but I had to hit 60 on my speakers to drone out their music.

And the drugs, but I already mentioned that.

They did stop around 7:30. My roommate kept saying he was going to call the police, but didn't do anything.

Thankfully, the kids in the apartment building behind THAT stopped using the fence as a handball wall when their mom beat the poo out of them after my mom asked her politely to get them to stop. (The kids told her to golly off when she asked them.)

so it's

car

ASSHOLEALARMCAR
------Douchepartments|
                                 |
                                 |
        SUV                   |Fuckheads
       SUV                    |
 motoasshole              |
---  -  ---  -------------------
    ME

Motoasshole is polite enough, but sometimes he idles, and that can get stinky. The holes in the fence were made by those poo kids.

Eh, it's quiet now, I'll count my blessings.

Ael, keep kicking ass.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2018, 12:12:36 AM »
Those are some admirable graphics, 8ully, spare but accurately descriptive.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2018, 01:24:17 AM »
that one board, the kids have tried to bash it out, but the sound makes me run to the window, and then they run off.

The broken ones are when they've lost a ball over fence, they just kick the boards until they break, it's a shame.

I have big anxiety about the building being bought out from under, the owner apparently is as hands off as possible, and I like it that way.

The handyman is a cool dude, but like I said before, I'm afraid to complain about anything. In southern CA, the squeaky wheel gets the notice to vacate.

(roomie almost poo himself when I dropped that line)

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2018, 03:27:07 PM »
We have roving bands of whack and blow guys (aka "gardeners" ha!) who have an uncanny ability to discern when I want a nap.  They speed to a nearby neighbor's yard and on with the blower!  Time to move some leaves around.  God forbid they burn a calorie and use a rake, or, horrors! a broom.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2018, 01:09:55 AM »
Is there anything more futile than a leaf blower?

In the house full of fuckheads, there is a drunk woman who occasionally comes out with a hand unit leaf blower, which has all the loudness with none of the power!

So she walks around a cement driveway, making noise and doing nothing.

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
  • Da mihi castitatem et continentiam, sed noli modo!
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2018, 04:09:48 PM »
.... Frankly, if things remain the way they're currently going here, we may emigrate, ourselves.  My husband has been looking at properties near London.

That'd be good.

Bear in mind though that Crossrail is spiking prices along that route outside London. Anywhere to the west all the way to Reading will now cost you a fortune, and a little way out the east out to Brentwood.  Going north up towards Oxford would probably suit and South of London also has good possibilities. Just don't go too far south as there are some pretty weird folk down there - especially around Gosport so I hear.
Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can put off until the day after.

There is an exception to every rule, apart from this one.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2018, 07:12:08 PM »
If the Republicans continue to dismantle our government, we may well go.  We have a friend who lives in Chadlington, outside of Oxford.  It's pretty beautiful, although even the real estate there is increasing in price.  The problem is that supply can't keep up with demand.

Someone gave me  a leaf blower from Freecycle.  I used it once.  It was a joke.  It just blew the leaves everywhere.  I gave up and went back to using a rake.