Author Topic: End of Thrones: All the spoilers.  (Read 9628 times)

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
Re: End of Thrones: All the spoilers.
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2019, 08:51:12 PM »
Apparently that's a book thing?

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2019, 08:58:01 PM »
The swap takes place in the 2013 season.  On the show.
Gilly is bummed, being attached to her own child and all...

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2019, 11:43:15 PM »
I'm reading back, from what I read she worked in the kitchens, then went to poo town, poo town got raided by freefolk, Ygritte saves her, and it's back to the castle. Battle goes down, Mance gets used as a candle.

https://gameofthrones.fandom.com/wiki/Sam

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2019, 01:50:53 AM »
https://imgur.com/a/qfPaYac  img tag failed, but I did try.

This is an average frame from The Battle of Winterfell 8x03. There is a raven in this image, but you cannot see it.

Didn't realize my TV was bad at black levels until this one. Turns out, rendering black is actually pretty hard.

I'm 37 minutes in, and honestly, they should have drafted Rammstein to be in this battle, if only for LIGHTING.

I'm a little pissed at how craven they're making Samwell Tarly so far, he's already faced death battles several times. I can understand being terrified, even pissing yourself, but he's locking up, and it's already cost a friend their life.

Sansa is being a poo, as usual. Tyrion feels like he's been put on a bus, and honestly, he has. He's been diminished by cowpoo.

I am severely hating the dragons flying around in the black. I feel like it's meant to be frustrating, but at this point I'm wishing someone would drop a nuke, just to LIGHT THE SCENE PROPERLY.

1:01 God, Jon will never get the 1v1 fight he wants. Even when he killed Half-hand, it was a feint to build his street cred.

Once again, a night king rez pisses me off (the little bear. GAH) I was very unhappy watching that death, felt like something that shouldn't have been made, let alone watched. I mean I've seen going out like a badass scenes before, but that was... not pleasant.

Crypts being unsafe, WHAT THE golly STARKS  Like, Bran Stark built the bless'ed Wall, you'd think he'd include "Cut the head off the body" in burial instructions for the crypt.

At least Ned did right by that... unintentionally.

I am tired of Drogon getting stabbed, it's like fighting dogs in FPS. Just horrible noises.

Huh, Sam is good at hoarde mode. Notepad blinded the golly out of me. Theon making Lance Armstrong look like a madam.

Dany finally picks up a feckin' sword, but damn. I thought I saw sansa die, might have been wishful thinking.

A witty line will not aid the half man. What happened to his mountain tribes?

Sansa wants a Romeo + Juliet Marriage.

HOLY poo Dany can fight like a beast!

THEON CLEARED AN ENTIRE FECKIN WAVE!

White walkers tho, golly

Does... Does AeJon think he just Fus Ro Dah'd a zombie dragon? Because to him it probably looks like it.

I had to look this up, but Arya IS older than Bran, so Big Sister saved Little brother. Nice. Also, Maisie Williams has been talking up a "gaffe" she made in season 1.

She said that she read somewhere that Arya is left handed, and it made choreographing the fight scenes a madam.

Well, Now the Night King is the madam.

I watched the preview. Apparently the budget for the 3 remaining episodes includes LIGHTING.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2019, 02:49:38 AM by 8ullfrog »

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2019, 06:01:29 AM »
I should probably watch it again.  It was so dark on the streamed version I saw, I didn't know WTF was going on most of the time.  Lots of animal growling and stabbing with attendant gore sounds.  Dragons in the air, but hard to tell which ones were which. Did one of the two that weren't dead die?  I missed Danerys fighting.

The whole business was so sad and so MESSY.  There's going to be a good deal of cleaning up and rebuilding to do.  Maybe they can enlist the kids from the crypt to get to work on that.  Now we have 3 more episodes to see how very cynical GRRM via this tv interpretation gets to be.  In a cruel world, all the good guys would fail and Cersei would get to hang out on the Iron Throne until her incestuous progeny came of age, assuming that happens.

Oh, and now that there's no more ice people, what will Bran do with his time?  It was nice to see Melisandre back, but it wasn't clear why she had to be dead by dawn.  Does heavy chanting really take that much out of a person?  I guess magic is hard work.  I wonder if there's a dead guy list somewhere so we can see who did not make it out of this episode.  And maybe they might want to consider braille subtitles, since it was so dark.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2019, 06:17:48 AM »
GRRM is like, two seasons back. He's even admitted he feels bad about it. I don't think he has an end. I've read that good authors write their endings FIRST, and flesh out.

GRRM seems an OK writer.

Like, I've seen the outline. There was supposed to be a love triangle between Jon, Arya, AND TYRION.  And they redacted what the third book was going to be (GOT was supposed to be a trilogy)

So, essentially, the show runners have taken the ball from the fat fisherman and ran with it. Which is funny, because he SHITS HIMSELF about fanfic.

As to the dark, I seriously think it was intentional, and they went way too far. Winterfell should be abandoned, but they won't. Preview showed them burning bodies.

the dragon stuff. Rhaegal got ROCKED, but bit off Viserons face, which is funny because Drogo burned off Visery's face to protect Rhago. (Dead baby)

But yeah, Cersei has the greatest mercenary company in the world, and the North just lost TWO ARMIES. Plus Dany was being all shitty at Jon RIGHT BEFORE THE BATTLE, and Sansa is Sansa.

Bran is dead, even Bran says so. He's the Three Eyed Raven. Logically, he's the greatest military asset EVER, he can give you exact info on ANY event, that has EVER happened, up to five seconds ago. Realistically, he's been nostalgic about the time his former sister got raped by Ramsay.

Even the ravens are superfluous for his DVR playback mode. Mel had to die because honestly, she carries ALL the guilt. She was wrong just about every bless'ed time. To be honest, best she did was some pyrotechnics and an 11th hour peptalk to the real "Prince who was promised" FOOKIN ARYA STARK, AYYY.

I read some poo that says high Valerian prince is Gender Neutral, and (This is not fanfic) Arya has been a Princess TWICE.

First under Robb Tard, lord of weddings. Second under KING JON STARK, KING IN DA NORF. And yeah, I know he was Jon Snow then, but LYANNA damn' MORMONT said she knew only one King, whose name was Stark. And if anyone can crown a king, it was that absolute badass. Only death that pissed me off.

So yeah, 3 more episodes. I did watch a video that said the Iron Bank no longer has any reason to back Cersei, because she paid the Baratheon crown debt in full at the end of S7, and that was a bad idea because of economics, but I don't understand economics, at all.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2019, 11:59:33 PM »
Lyanna was a tough little thing.  Sad that she died and went all blue eyed for a short time.  May she R.I.P.

I'm up to eyeballs with school work right now so I'm not doing a great deal else, but after hours of work, watching GoT is a welcome distraction before bed.  Is it the case that the coming 3 episodes will each be 1.5 hours in length?

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2019, 11:54:24 AM »
Got questions?  Call the helpline.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2019, 01:15:54 PM »
aw, I feel like it's a good formula, but is rushed. The first one was pretty good too.

Sophie Turner, god did Sansa suck... again. Last week she was the smartest person Arya knew. This week? Knife operation eluded her. I mean, I get that was yet another pointy end callback, but can Sansa even functionally eat breakfast? "I don't know how to use cutlery!"

Bran was fantastic in this one.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2019, 10:49:49 AM »
I agree.

This morning, it occurred to me that GoT was a good deal like this popular fictional kids' show:

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2019, 06:59:14 PM »
oh poo.

It gets way stupid.

Like, I don't even want to watch any more.

I thought it was great how they subverted Jon and Dany's "destinies" by having Arya shank a madam, but, they're going to have Dany mess up worse than the ice javelin scene last season.

About the only thing I like is that Bronn will finally get his castle. Seriously, that's the only happy thing. Everything else just sucks.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2019, 02:02:52 AM »
Annoying.  Just how is it that Dany's gotten all passionate and sloppy all of a sudden, after being a ruthless but just ruler up to this point.  And Jon's brilliant strategy of telling his family that he's not a Starck (well he is, really, just not Ned Starck's son--wasn't Lyanna, Ned's sister?) so he's their cousin rather than their half brother, right?  Of course nobody will spread that information around, especially since he asked them to keep it secret.  Great.

And WTF.  Why not fly the remaining dragon behind the ships after losing the one and burn the hell out of them?  It worked for Admiral Nelson.  Jeez.

Expecting Cersei to grow a conscience is beyond stupid.  Tyrion should know better, and as for what they did beheading their hostage.  What was that all about?  So what's next for Arya?  Road trip with the Hound?  Has she exhausted the list yet?  I suspect Cersei is on it.  If anyone can take her out, it's Arya.

The episodes have gotten sort of bloated and overwrought at this point.  Pretty weird to have Jaime Lannister knocking boots with the most recently knighted Ser.  This is like medieval fantasy written by Mad Magazine.  Not much to be taken seriously here.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2019, 05:44:54 PM »
I didn't actually watch it. I read the spoilers. Turns out even Bronn getting his castle was horrible.

Someone posted an image on reddit of the firing arc of the scorpions, and Drogon just carrying a big rock from outside the firing solution.

Then again, if we've learned anything about Tragigians, it's that the incest didn't exactly help with battle strategy.

Holy poo, I just realized Jorah was the only person with actual regimented war experience on danoono's team.

I do like that Jaime left. He gave an oath to fight for the living. He did that, the oath is fulfilled. He never said he would jump teams. Hell, he flat out said he wasn't apologizing in his dope trial scene.

One reason Football rarely shows the overhead camera is because it removes suspense. That being said, TWO bless'ed DRAGONS MEANS YOU PUT ONE ON HIGH ALTITUDE RECON.

But if they did that, Viseron would be alive, and the wall would be intact.

You don't get to hide behind a cliff, or teleport your navy.

That being said, I've seen hiding under a bridge to avoid police pursuit work in both Grand Theft Auto and the real world.

Danoonoo has to be a moron now to fulfil the "mad dragon queen" plotline they've been forcing since the Tarly BBQ.

As you can see, I no longer feel the need to look up the spelling on names.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2019, 10:31:37 PM »
I suspect that the higher the profile of this show became, the more the competition among writers at HBO to get on board.  Now they have the high paid nitwits cranking out scripts, some who apparently are utterly ignorant of diplomatic or military history.  It's degenerated into an expensive violent soap opera.  What a waste. 

Really, I've seen more humor and irony on "As the World Turns."  And there was no magic in daytime drama.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2019, 12:47:21 AM »
Now people are talking about this one extra with an epic beard and how he survives all the battles.

Like he might end up king after all the plot people kill each other in some petty shitfit.

I hear they didn't even do airhorns for Cleganebowl. I am glad that Cleganebowl actually ended up being a thing, but people are so angry at the show they forgot to get hyped.

Huh, I guess people are just uploading scenes to youtube now, no naffs given. It was a pretty good fight.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2019, 01:06:15 AM by 8ullfrog »