Author Topic: Why is this site unsecured?  (Read 15859 times)

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
Re: Why is this site unsecured?
« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2020, 09:44:44 AM »
I'm sorry you don't have access to better and more sensitive medical treatment.  The car theft was just so wrong.  There has to be a circle in Hell for people like those who stole it from you.

A close friend from high school suffered from schizophrenia (a cluster of symptoms that were mostly controlled through medication).  I heard all kinds of horror stories about the treatment, sometimes misguided, that she suffered through (being transgender didn't help matters either).  The worst are the clinicians who treat their charges like zoo animals instead of people.  The holier than thou social worker is a scourge of humanity.  I'm sure you have had to deal with a veritable mine field of such people. 

My friend smoked like a chimney and, near the end, suffered from chronic lung problems.  She died in November.  It's hard not being able to pick up the phone and talk to her.

Online smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
  • Da mihi castitatem et continentiam, sed noli modo!
« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2020, 11:08:22 AM »
Just going back for a second for those who may be interested in why the site wasn't automatically secure like it was before the move (why I couldn't get the redirect to stick), it was because we are now running on openlitespeed rather than apache and it was a little harder to write to the .htaccess.

The whole process has been quite beneficial to the site as over the years I'd been busy/lazy and the version of SMF we had was at least 3 versions too old - if not 4. While getting everything to work right, everything has been updated to the best that can run and errors that we have probably had for years have now gone.
Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can put off until the day after.

There is an exception to every rule, apart from this one.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2020, 06:48:48 PM »
Thanks, smokes.  The site is positively zippy now.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #33 on: May 08, 2020, 09:15:33 PM »
To quote a song -
"In the sea of life, you're just a minnow
Live your life insecure"