Author Topic: New Year's Greetings  (Read 291 times)

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Human
New Year's Greetings
« on: January 01, 2020, 10:02:17 AM »
May each and every one of you enjoy health, happiness, and prosperity in the coming year.  Cheers!

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
  • Da mihi castitatem et continentiam, sed noli modo!
Re: New Year's Greetings
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2020, 11:48:24 AM »
New year, new plans, new ambitions and, for me, probably new pains. Wishing you all the best for the year ahead.
Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can put off until the day after.

There is an exception to every rule, apart from this one.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Human
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2020, 03:31:27 PM »
I tried to get through s9 of SG-1 in one night, and failed. I crapped out around 10:30 and went to bed.

I even set the playback speed to 1.30. It made the episodes pop! I may have lost some nuance.

If you're looking for a reason to come back six, in 9x09, they actually walk to the end of the ramp with a shut off gate! I always wondered what it looked like back there!
just one little time change so a draft board in 1968 turns down the bribe to accept "bone spurs" and we are home-free.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Human
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2020, 04:05:33 PM »
Ha!  I had a glass of wine about 10:30 and was so tired all night that I barely made it to midnight before falling asleep for 9 hours.  I felt like alerting the media.  It's so rare for me to sleep that much.  Wow.

Had my long walk today, did some chores and am off to a NYear's potluck and another relatively early night>but I'm looking forward to catching up with you on the SG1.  I don't know if I can watch them speeded up but that might be a good option, but I don't think Amazon prime will allow it.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Human
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2020, 09:09:05 PM »
Yeah, I'm doing it with VLC, I got the idea from youtube repair videos where I watch them at 1.25x
just one little time change so a draft board in 1968 turns down the bribe to accept "bone spurs" and we are home-free.

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2020, 12:18:32 AM »
hope all had a good New Year, never made it myself, was found under bunk beds for some reason ??

Still a great time over the festive time in The Gower Wales boarding and walking with great friends

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2020, 01:11:21 AM »
And to all
Apparently I did have a good time although cannot remember much about it