Author Topic: Color  (Read 2472 times)

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
Color
« on: May 25, 2021, 06:25:09 PM »
Windows has done something, everything looks browner/redder

Not a gradual over time thing, it was like a flick of a switch. something just changed.

I'll hook the xbox up later to see if my TV is failing, but this looks a LOT like windows nightlight mode, where they "reduce" blue light.
But I checked, and that isn't currently enabled.

I do know that the blue part of a display burns out fastest :(

I don't actually know the first thing about color calibration, but everything appears to be set to "default"

It was the driver. It poo the bed and the display looks fine now. Audio is disabled though because AMD/ATI suck a fat one.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
Re: Color
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2024, 06:13:10 PM »
I know this is horrid necromancy, but I have the problem again. Turns out it isn't an ATI issue.
Nvidia forced a driver update on my video card, and I now have this problem again.

Specifically, when video playback starts, the graphics driver craps the bed.

I just find it interesting that on a completely different computer, with completely different hardware, I ran into the same old problem.

Offline Beatrix

• Cro-Magnon
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2024, 09:28:46 AM »
Sounds similar to the way cars go out the same by make and model. 

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2024, 01:16:35 AM »
DELIVERANCE!

I was flipping my poo constantly hitting ctrl shift win B, and Razer does not let you macro windows key combos (cowpoo) but someone actually posted a solution to technet!

Well, for nvidia anyway.

[SOLUTION]

Nvidia control panel >adjust desktop colour settings; then change in “content type reported to the display” form “auto-select” to “desktop programs”

If that sounds like gibberish, well, I think it's bless'ed gibberish.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/solved-monitor-goes-black-for-a-moment-less-than-1/4509323e-73e2-4df6-bf9f-0b0a64a102ae

Weird how my initial thought that the problem was color related was accurate.

I thought I'd end up stabbing my B key out from the rage hits when I had to manually reset it.

I thought it was a driver crash, but that is inaccurate, and ctrl shift windows B doesn't "actually" reset the graphics driver.

I kept checking windows event log, and it never showed up.

How in the flying monkey was a standard end user going to EVER discover this?