Author Topic: What's your favourite TV program of the moment?  (Read 345731 times)

Offline dweez

• Global Moderator
  • Q
  • Rebel Mod
Re: What's your favourite TV program of the moment?
« Reply #1185 on: July 09, 2017, 04:45:34 PM »
I just finished a slow binge (over 3 weeks or so) of Grimm. I enjoyed it but the last episode annoyed me a little (I won't give spoilers but I'm sure anyone else who has seen it would no why immediately).
--dweez

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #1186 on: July 10, 2017, 08:10:01 PM »
They pulled a clever twist out of their ass, didn't they?

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #1187 on: July 11, 2017, 11:04:45 AM »
They own marvel, they are disney, season with tony stark, disney princess.

Probably couldn't afford to make RDJ do a season of television, but it seems like the kind of project he'd enjoy, rather than the horrible joyless bless'ed mess ultron, winter soldier, and civil war left us with. To paraphrase a wanabe christopher walken:

Ian: Your [studio damn hacks] were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn’t stop to think if they should.

That said wannabe christopher walken will be in the new thor, which despite being called damn' ragnarok, seems to have actual joy.

I feel bad for jon favreau, and the giant pile of money he must need to sooth himself.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #1188 on: July 12, 2017, 02:39:53 AM »
Southland is good.  TV cop show about Los Angeles.  The writing and acting are pretty good.  I was pleasantly surprised.  It's 5 seasons and I just finished season 2.

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #1189 on: July 12, 2017, 07:48:12 AM »
catching parts of Broken on BBC 1, gritty twisting program

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
  • Da mihi castitatem et continentiam, sed noli modo!
« Reply #1190 on: July 12, 2017, 03:25:49 PM »
I just finished a slow binge (over 3 weeks or so) of Grimm. I enjoyed it but the last episode annoyed me a little (I won't give spoilers but I'm sure anyone else who has seen it would no why immediately).

I didn't mind what they did to end it - or not end it as the case may be. A bit abrupt but as they halved the season I wasn't expecting that much.

It wraps up quite neatly at the end of Season 6.

There will be a Season 7 but there are essentially no Season 1-6 plot threads left unresolved, so it looks like they will be starting again (with a new cast).

At least they are catering for the die hards. Star Trek should take a leaf out of their book.
Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can put off until the day after.

There is an exception to every rule, apart from this one.

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #1191 on: July 14, 2017, 11:54:24 PM »

tic toc

Offline Alfonz

• Homo Erectus
« Reply #1192 on: July 17, 2017, 06:07:07 PM »
Looking forward to Discovery 2017, hoping it doesn't suck.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #1193 on: July 18, 2017, 03:38:43 AM »
Oh, I just came up with the ultimate troll end to thrones. Have Cersei seduce Jon. Jaime loses his poo and kills them.

Meh, they already did the lazy Jesus Christ martyrdom angle, it would probably not fly.

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #1194 on: July 23, 2017, 12:32:12 AM »
About to finish but     Le Tour de France

and of course Game of Thrones

Offline mishca09

• Q
« Reply #1195 on: August 16, 2017, 09:31:17 PM »
Orak netflix

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #1197 on: August 21, 2017, 02:09:24 AM »
I have 3 real poo streaming sites I watch shows at. The first has poo sources, a ton of ads, but tends to deliver.

The second has more ads, and buffer stutter, plus the god damn redirect ads out the ass. They said they would have the buffer stutter fixed in a week, a month ago.

The third source always delivers, but redirects before you can even enter the series name. They had the leak version of thrones "death is the enemy" but it was poo, with a stupid giant watermark, and redirects during the bless'ed opening credits! Usually I have to touch the screen before redirect hell sets in, but I had to go all the way back to my first source.

It was sub 240p, the audio desynced at important points, but holy poo that episode. Tormund and hound could be it's own series of shittalk. Tormund didn't even know richard as a synonym for cockerel! Tormund: I like that. Hound: bet you do.

Reminded me of back in season 1, when I wanted Tyrion and the idiot guard to be a spinoff.

Jon sno damn smooth operator, and actually steals a line from Ned Stark in Season 1. In season 1, Ned took a spear to the knee, and in a rare moment of stark snark, mentions that he can't bend the knee at the moment. Jon has to be literally peeled out of his frozen furs, is damn near bless'ed dead Again! and says about the same to [someone] who wants snocones.  Tyrion knows what's up.

But that bless'ed kill. You'd think I'd be used to bad guys winning in thrones, but I was actually bless'ed angry when it went down. That bless'ed kill.

Oh, and I tried to vague up the spoilers this post, but it's not like they announced cleganebowl next episode. OR bless'ed DID THEY?

That being said, Thoros and Dondarion lighting their swords up was the most badass bless'ed sword lighting scene since Empire. Yes, I cited ESB. Because it was that hype.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #1198 on: August 21, 2017, 02:43:54 AM »
How to deal with blue eyed zombies.  And so many of them.

Poor dragon.

Jon Snow.  How come he's not a blue eyed zombie, given he's dead.  And where is that red priestess lately?

Finally, what happened to the baby with the blue eyes that creepy ice king infected?  Wasn't he swapped with  that other baby and traveled  south with  the guy who went to learn to be a master but then pulled a Johnny Paycheck and did a "take this job and shove it" routine with the chick and the other guy's baby?  Needless to say, my questions would be more effective if I'd remember the names of  some of  the characters.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #1199 on: August 21, 2017, 04:23:56 AM »
Oh golly! Spoiler tag the poo out of this, it reveals evraythang!

Apologies, milord.

I refer to game of thrones.

6 if you caught up as quickly as I think you did, I'm not surprised some bits faded in memory.

Jon snow was betrayed and killed by his brothers in the nights watch, and bled out in his namesake.

The red priestess mellisandre raised him from death, an ability bestowed upon her by rhylor, the lord of light. I've spelled it wrong, but golly that death cult.

Thoros of myr was a red priest sent to convert then lord robert baratheon to the lord of light. Instead he got sooooper bless'ed drunk, and fought in the revolution against King ayres the mad, and later in the greyjoy rebelions. Jorah gets his hero worship busted in this episode when he asks thoros about a particular seige he broke on pyke, home island of the greyjoys.

Specifically, thoros was blackout drunk, and does not recall being the hero without fear.

One nifty power up he has is the aforementioned resurrection. Beric dondarion (dude with badass voice and eyepatch has been rezzed 6 times)

The other cool power they have is setting their swords on fire, which is boss as golly.

Crasters scallywag was made into a white walker (read officer) in the night king's army. Gilly's baby sam is also a craster scallywag, so the walkers are pissed. They already made a play to take the baby back in season.... 2 I wanna say?

But samwell tarly shanked the white walker with a dragon glass dagger. That's the poor man's white walker killing weapon. Lord Snow [king in da norf now] has a valyrian steel sword, which explodes those gits real good.

While on the road trip to the vatican, sorry, oldtown, samwell jacked the valyrian steel sword of his bottom dad, who got barbaqued by drogon.

Little Sam currently holds the book that proves Jon is not a scallywag, but in fact, is the king of bless'ed everything, including dragons. He is presumably teething and drooling on it.

Gilly tried to tell Sam about the anullment of prince rhaegar and elia martells marriage, so he could marry Lyanna Stark, Jon boy's mamma.

Ned stark, dead as golly, raised Jon as a scallywag so King Robert wouldn't split his head like a mellon.

golly, forgot. Jon shook off mel's creepy seduction in his office and damn near screamed rape. Ser Davos the bless'ed awesome said she was an bottom, so Jon told her to golly off.

Unfortunately, he's her Jesus, so she went off to Danarys the dragon queen to try and set up a date between the two. She then told creepy bald guy varys that she and him will die in westeros.

BTW, Danarys is Jon's Aunt. By old law, she totally can't be queen, but it looks like they're gonna golly.

So the entire goddamn series is GRRM finding out luke and leia were siblings and saying "so, what's the problem? They join vader, and crap out retard babies."

But targaryns are apparently immune to retardation. They just become klingons and kill whoever pisses them off.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2017, 04:34:51 AM by 8ullfrog »