Author Topic: What's your favourite TV program of the moment?  (Read 333444 times)

Offline feelingindifferent

• Cro-Magnon
Re: What's your favourite TV program of the moment?
« Reply #165 on: June 02, 2009, 09:02:59 AM »
yea i know spooks is still running :D i just meant generally.
lol sorry if i misled :-\

Offline pandorasquest

• Australopithecus
« Reply #166 on: June 03, 2009, 01:48:02 AM »
This past season I was enjoying Dollhouse ..  so glad they renewed it ..  Joss Whedon's series seem to start out slow ..  or complicated ..    but just keep getting better ..     I'm happy Fox decided to take the chance and bring it back ..  I'm sure it will be better than last season ...   

I've just discovered Dexter ..   so I've downloaded the first 3 seasons and my son and I have been having a Dexter marathon ..  4 episodes a night ...  well ..  when it fits in with our schedules ..   

Since we are finally starting the third season ..  I've taken some notes from this thread and will try some of these shows ..  thanks guys ..  :)

Online smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
  • Da mihi castitatem et continentiam, sed noli modo!
« Reply #167 on: June 03, 2009, 03:02:02 AM »
This past season I was enjoying Dollhouse ..  so glad they renewed it ..  Joss Whedon's series seem to start out slow ..  or complicated ..    but just keep getting better ..     I'm happy Fox decided to take the chance and bring it back ..  I'm sure it will be better than last season ...   

I've just discovered Dexter ..   so I've downloaded the first 3 seasons and my son and I have been having a Dexter marathon ..  4 episodes a night ...  well ..  when it fits in with our schedules ..   

Since we are finally starting the third season ..  I've taken some notes from this thread and will try some of these shows ..  thanks guys ..  :)

I really must start on Dollhouse as you are the second person to compliment Whedon regarding it. I unfortunately don't really get any time to watch TV other than enough to watch perhaps one episode of something a day.  But my friends all raved about Dexter so much it is on my permanent todo list, and I already have the seasons as my missus also swears by it.

Great to see you around Pandora.
Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can put off until the day after.

There is an exception to every rule, apart from this one.

Offline ohcheap1

• Q
« Reply #168 on: June 03, 2009, 12:04:45 PM »
Not a Dollhouse fan at all, and cant figure out why Im not a Dexter fan? It has all the elements I like but I just didnt catch on.  ???

Offline pandorasquest

• Australopithecus
« Reply #169 on: June 03, 2009, 12:37:14 PM »
I found Dollhouse took a few episodes to get attached to it ..  in the beginning I just kept saying ..  why and what??  He probably got to explaining all the circumstances around half way through the season ..   once I understood more I couldn't wait for the next episode .. 

• Cro-Magnon
« Reply #170 on: June 03, 2009, 03:38:22 PM »
cant figure out why Im not a Dexter fan? It has all the elements I like but I just didnt catch on.  ???
Neither can I. I kinda got bored?

Offline Discover99

• Cro-Magnon
« Reply #171 on: June 04, 2009, 01:24:17 PM »
I found Dollhouse took a few episodes to get attached to it ..  in the beginning I just kept saying ..  why and what??  He probably got to explaining all the circumstances around half way through the season ..   once I understood more I couldn't wait for the next episode .. 

yeah Dollhouse rules, it's the best show this year for me! can't wait to see more

i loved dexter s1 and got a little bored by the end s3 though. but will definitely give s4 a shot this fall

Offline ohcheap1

• Q
« Reply #172 on: June 15, 2009, 09:45:03 PM »
Season premier of True Blood aired Sunday, who watched and what did you think?

Online goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #173 on: June 16, 2009, 02:56:00 AM »
house

Offline Discover99

• Cro-Magnon
« Reply #174 on: June 17, 2009, 02:30:36 PM »
Season premier of True Blood aired Sunday, who watched and what did you think?

i'll watch it tonight or tomorrow, wanted to make sure that i won't have to wait for a full week to get more. looks like they strayed from the second, even more than they did during the first season.. did you get your hands on any of the books yet ??

Offline ohcheap1

• Q
« Reply #175 on: June 17, 2009, 04:03:40 PM »
^ I let a friend talk me into reading the Twlight series so havent found time to do True Blood. And Im about to start book 3 against my better judgement. And I went to the library today so ill have other things to sway me from continuing. ^

Offline Discover99

• Cro-Magnon
« Reply #176 on: June 19, 2009, 05:38:24 AM »
^oh dear i hated myself for a week for finishing the 1st book of twilight. i have to shudder, that i made myself suffer through it against my better judgement, was speechless when i found it had sequels

finished true blood and liked it, it's actually kinda nice to know that i won't bored out of my mind, because i already know the books and therefore the storyline.

• Cro-Magnon
« Reply #177 on: June 19, 2009, 08:34:47 AM »
I haven't actually read the Twilight books except for the first ten pages of book 1. And even then Meyer's continuous description of Edward's beauty annoyed me, is it a beauty pageant or something? But the Twilight-mania at my school is really OTT.

Offline Skadi

• Homo Superior
« Reply #178 on: June 19, 2009, 09:08:03 AM »
^^^

I liked Twilight when it first came out. I read it before anyone was talking about it, so that made a huge difference. I agree with Fi that it's way too ott to enjoy it anymore. And, I haven't gotten the nerve up to read the last one at all because I think I'll be dsappointed. Plus a friend of mine just went 'o_O omg! guess what just happened' when she got the book the first day, so I know the gist of it.

I've never gotten into Trueblood. The books or the series. But..I'm not a fair judge because I rarely watch ficton based tv shows. The parts I did catch of Trueblood seemed too soap operish for me. And..as much as I adore Anna Paquin, her acting seemed sort of forced in the bits I've seen. dunno.. If I was pushed, I'd give it a go again.. maybe :P And I'm between books, so I've considered reading the books this week. er.. that's all I guess :P

• Cro-Magnon
« Reply #179 on: June 19, 2009, 10:36:18 AM »
A bit OT, but talking about books to movies, anyone looking forward to HP6?
It's actually the first HP movie I'm looking forward to :D
Probably because:
Spoiler (hover to show)
But if they put all the focus into the relationships between the trio, I'll be pissed off. I will also lose all hope for HP7.