Author Topic: Any and all site related problems  (Read 146565 times)

Offline busterone

• Australopithecus
  • Awaholi Gihli
Re: Any and all site related problems
« Reply #90 on: February 12, 2010, 05:14:35 PM »
How's the Greg Taylor hearing going buster?

Actually very well. They have (in my opinion of course) proven that every shred of so called evidence was erroneous and in one instance, deliberately misleading.  This is a quote of my post earlier on the subject-
The live feed is over. They have stopped until Monday morning at 10 am. The video of today's proceedings is not available yet, but as soon as it is, I will post it here.

In watching today's proceedings, I have personal opinion on the testimony. It seemed very apparent that the original blood report from the SBI agent was misleading and untruthful. Whether deliberate or by accident, only he knows for sure, and it is up to the judges to decide. His lab notes verified that the tests on the "so-called" blood spatters on Greg's vehicle was negative. The initial tests in the field only reveal a possibility of blood, which gives cause for further testings in the lab. The tests in the lab concluded that there was no evidence that it was human blood at all, much less from the victim. In the original trial, the official report from the SBI to the DA's office did not state that, it stated that it WAS blood. That information was used by the prosecution to bamboozle a jury into believing that it was the victim's blood on Greg's vehicle.

In today's testimony, the defense established clearly in my opinion, that the "so-called" evidence that the prosecution used 17 years ago was incorrect - Keeping in mind also that 2 days ago, another DNA expert confirmed that there was absolutely no conclusive evidence of any of it being blood at all, even less that it was human blood.  The earlier expert also verified that there was absolutely no DNA evidence to place Greg anywhere near the victim, nor to place the victim in the vehicle.

I see an obvious misconduct on the part of the SBI and the prosecution 17 years ago. Although i have known of this and suspected it, the last 4 days' evidence reveals it.

This is my opinion again-  Greg should be immediately set free, and Mr. Willoughby and Mr. Ford should go to prison for the exact same amount of time that Greg has served.
Sorry Smokes, I forgot what thread I was in. You can move these if you need. :)
« Last Edit: February 13, 2010, 08:29:42 AM by busterone »

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
  • Da mihi castitatem et continentiam, sed noli modo!
« Reply #91 on: February 13, 2010, 04:03:56 AM »
You can move these if you need. :)

Think nothing of it Buster and feel free to start your own thread on this issue over here if you so desire.
Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can put off until the day after.

There is an exception to every rule, apart from this one.

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
« Reply #92 on: February 13, 2010, 09:31:29 AM »
My fault entirely.

I just wanted to ask how things were going, and I have no respect for thread title or direction. On the "start a thread here" thing - I think that most folk get their fix on the Den (I just can't post there any more).

Considering the trouble I have had with the server load recently, I'm just glad your posts have managed to update at all.  Besides which, I am technically a mod of this section so I get rank of the others here.

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #93 on: February 13, 2010, 10:15:17 AM »
i'm getting better connection speed now

Offline laama

• Homo Superior
« Reply #94 on: February 13, 2010, 06:34:15 PM »
No problem for me,everything works fast and well.
i'm waiting for someone to start an antisocial networking site.

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
« Reply #95 on: February 14, 2010, 07:25:58 AM »
We have had a few days where the load has been very low and the forum performing well because of it.  However, although the load is not clipping yet it is now right back up to the upper limit of its safe margin and if it persists I am going to move us and my other "dynamic" sites to a different host altogether, so that I do not have to monitor and chase the server on a daily basis (I am pretty sick of it I can tell you).  It won't mean any distruption really other than an hour of two while I move the database over, and I'll keep everyone informed if and when I decide to do that.

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #96 on: February 14, 2010, 09:49:22 AM »
wow so much work for nothing ( wages )
i admire you .

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
« Reply #97 on: February 14, 2010, 10:40:27 AM »
wow so much work for nothing ( wages )

The bad thing about our new host and the load problems that have plagued us consistently, is that monitoring them has made me more distant from the activity on the site itself. If it weren't for that I get plenty from the forum and its members (especially OC1) by way of entertainment (as I'm sure we all do) and that is reward enough.

Offline xtopave

• Site Modette
  • Q
« Reply #98 on: February 14, 2010, 10:44:30 AM »
Only today I'm having troubles but it's been OK for me the last few days. Or all this week I think.

Offline redlandslide

• Site Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • "We want a shrubbery!"
« Reply #99 on: February 15, 2010, 03:01:36 PM »
Every now and then I get an internal server error message, works okay when I reload the page though.

Offline xtopave

• Site Modette
  • Q
« Reply #100 on: February 15, 2010, 03:10:39 PM »
Yes, me too, several times today.

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
« Reply #101 on: February 15, 2010, 03:21:50 PM »
The server has been struggling all day and I have made 3 reports to them of the failures.  The server is undergoing "analysis" which I am hoping is why the load is naturally up, but I am nearly resigned to moving us to a UK host that is a bit more expensive but far more solid.

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
« Reply #102 on: February 15, 2010, 04:11:02 PM »
What are you prattling on about in my Greg Taylor thread?

Praise the day when I don't have to.

Offline busterone

• Australopithecus
  • Awaholi Gihli
« Reply #103 on: February 16, 2010, 08:36:26 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D
I know exactly what you have been going through. It can be extremely tiring and frustrating when it takes all your focus away from the things you would much rather be doing.

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
« Reply #104 on: February 16, 2010, 08:44:10 AM »
;D ;D ;D
I know exactly what you have been going through. It can be extremely tiring and frustrating when it takes all your focus away from the things you would much rather be doing.

I am finding customer support 'irritatingly' helpful now - they remind me of my little girl and her puppy dog eyes when I am trying to tell her off. 

I, like you, understand that people can run scripts that can cripple the server for the rest of the accounts on it, but it is hardly yours and my job to rectify it.

They have suspended even more accounts now (apparently) so the service is good again for the time being, but it has already started to creep up again and it hasn't even been 24hrs?

Sorry christ for messin' with your thread again, I'll leave a pint in the pump for your to make up for it.