Author Topic: Latest Movie You Watched  (Read 422395 times)

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
  • Da mihi castitatem et continentiam, sed noli modo!
Re: Latest Movie You Watched
« Reply #3135 on: October 10, 2022, 03:36:36 PM »

Vesper 2022, A bit of a shock tbh, didn't know what to expect and it did surprised me.

We watched Vesper and while it was quite enjoyable, it did smack of one of those film that was openly seeking cult status.

That may not be a hanging sin, I know, but it did feel like it could have been tidied up a bit considering its €5,000,000 budget.
Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can put off until the day after.

There is an exception to every rule, apart from this one.

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #3136 on: October 11, 2022, 09:01:33 AM »
We watched Vesper and while it was quite enjoyable, it did smack of one of those film that was openly seeking cult status.

That may not be a hanging sin, I know, but it did feel like it could have been tidied up a bit considering its €5,000,000 budget.
Wow that budget ?, Yep spot on with the cult thing

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #3137 on: October 23, 2022, 04:20:23 AM »
The greatest beer run ever.
Ok film liked the photos at the end showing the actors and the real people. What a trip .

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #3138 on: October 29, 2022, 12:30:03 AM »

The good nurse, 2 decent actors and I would say a film about a shocking subject but too it happens too often, both the murders and especially the cover ups.
Was weird seeing Eddie Redmayne play a cold calculated killer.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #3139 on: October 29, 2022, 11:57:27 PM »
Resident Evil 2002:
I'm surprised how much I had forgotten, there are a lot of small notes that play large, and some of the scares were legitimate instead of "cutscenes".
One of the big problems with video game movies are when they try to gamify things instead of telling a story. Resident Evil tells a story, even if Paul W.S. Anderson tends to be inelegant.

There are a few moments and set pieces I think could have been cut to make the movie better, but alas, it's in the can, and the DVD is pressed.

(My other game movie dislike is when they take an unrelated script and slap in the character names from a game. That's very insulting to a loyal audience.)

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #3140 on: November 03, 2022, 03:43:27 AM »
Now You See Me (2013)

I was enjoying this film up until a character dies. It's quite jarring, it naffs the movie up, and essentially stops it in its tracks.

I shouldn't have been surprised, as it's Kuntzman and Orca, two absolute hacks who were allowed to butcher star trek and a bunch of shitty movies.
They're longtime partners from the same hack school as JJ Abrams. Think of them as understudies, along with Damon shitloaf.

Those bastards fall ever upward.

So, you've got this whimsical heist movie with magicians, they're doing their thing, and then the jig is up! And the jig goes up weirdly viciously. Suddenly there are firewalls that have been breached, and the swat team from the matrix shows up.

The Hulk Ruffalo and incompetent sidekick face off against Dave Franco, who fights them oddly viciously, shoving the incompetent sidekick in a garbage disposal and hitting the switch. Dude could obviously have been mangled for life, but Dave doesn't give a poo, as he gets into a cartoon fight with Ruffalo.

The fight moves down the building, Franco displays an unearned skill (voice mimicry) and escapes onto a street, and we get a rather neat car chase, until it goes tragic on a New York Bridge.

Dave crashes the car and dies. Ruffalo tries desperately to save him and fails.

The movie comes to a grinding halt, and then moves past this as just another moment.

Yeah, no. The movie dies there. They try a recovery, but I'm flagging the play, everything after that moment doesn't work. The movie just becomes insulting. There is no longer any magic.

I got the sequel for free behind goodwill, but I don't think I'm going to watch it.

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #3141 on: November 03, 2022, 08:01:43 AM »
No2 isnt too good tbh

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #3142 on: November 04, 2022, 03:26:19 PM »
I just realized, he ditches the car, just have him disappear. Car crashes, FBI agent gets "The note", no needlessly morbid moment.
Plus, they're supposed to be magicians.

It would have been perfect.

Ending still would have sucked, but I wouldn't have checked out the way I did.

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #3143 on: November 13, 2022, 01:44:24 AM »
Enola Holmes 2 - Fun film, lve how they have twisted most things with sherlock.

The Good House. No idea about this movie when I started to watch and didnt expect what I watched to begin with. Interesting different film

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #3144 on: November 13, 2022, 06:35:09 PM »
Top Gun Maverick , Haven't watched the first film and wish I hadn't watched the second. Fantastic aerial shots but no story what so ever for me

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
  • Da mihi castitatem et continentiam, sed noli modo!
« Reply #3145 on: November 14, 2022, 02:10:56 PM »
The first one is epic. Not seen the second, as I don't want to tarnish my memory.

You never cease to amaze me.

I watched a film called "IMDb: Carriers" which looked worth a watch. It wasn't all that bad but after it had ended you couldn't help but ask what happened to the rest of the movie. No sequel so it was just a little jaunt with no real message.
Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can put off until the day after.

There is an exception to every rule, apart from this one.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #3146 on: November 14, 2022, 03:47:54 PM »
It's pretty obvious, the movie wasn't very good, and the studio shelved it.

When Star Trek became a massive hit (duh) they realized they had a Chris Pine pic on the shelf.

Contemporary reviews have the right of it, the movie is too bless'ed bleak. The message was that they were doomed from the start.

Also reinforces the stupid rules premise. They didn't follow the rules, they died.

Would have been better if breaking one of the rules saved them, but we don't get happy movie endings anymore.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #3147 on: November 15, 2022, 10:32:44 AM »
It's hard for me to watch Tom Cruise, despite the fact that he's been in several good movies:  Risky Business, The Firm, Minority Report, Interview with the vampire, etc.  He's also been in some crap films, but his antics with scientology, jumping on the couch on Oprah, etc. kind of put me off.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #3148 on: November 15, 2022, 02:09:11 PM »
Christian Bale based his performance in American Psycho on the mannerisms of Cruise.

Cruise is an obsessive perfectionist. To train for Collateral, he did two months as a fed ex guy, learning to be invisible.
One hopes he did not moonlight as a "contractor" as well.

The obsessive perfectionism carries over to the character of Vincent. He Mozambique drills (Triple tap) all of his targets.

Apparently, he wanted to race in NASCAR for real but was turned down.

I really liked how Invincible used music [Spoilers in the dang video title, be better Amazon]  -
« Last Edit: November 15, 2022, 02:16:42 PM by 8ullfrog »

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #3149 on: November 15, 2022, 11:31:20 PM »
He is a versatile and talented actor.  Maybe films like Top Gun just aren't my cup of tea.

I liked American Psycho.  The discussion of business cards was inspired.

I read the book.  It wasn't until the end that I realized the whole business -- all the violence and gore -- was just in the guy's head.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2022, 11:34:50 PM by 6pairsofshoes »