Author Topic: Latest Movie You Watched  (Read 420980 times)

Offline Robin-Graves

• Rev AJ's Grand Inquisitor
  • Homo Superior
  • Power doesnt give you the right
Re: Latest Movie You Watched
« Reply #165 on: December 19, 2009, 01:38:58 PM »
From what Ive read, many concider it a rehash of Dances With Wolves in alot of ways.
 Its long,, and rather meandering,, but personaly,, I like movies that are like that.
 The Postman is like that, and still one of my favorite movies. I love epic leangth movies,, it seems a waste for a movie with a decent story to be only an hour and a half.
 I allways was a big fan of cinema, and at one time had this dream of being a film maker. SO I tend to look at movies differently than an average viewer.
 Avatar seems to be one of those movies that either you dont like, or you do like.
Im going to go see it with my son tonight in Ft Smith.
I keep my standards low.
That way im never disapointed.

Offline feelingindifferent

• Cro-Magnon
« Reply #166 on: December 19, 2009, 08:43:41 PM »
Leave Her to Heaven
It was a featured t0rr3nt on KG, and I've been meaning to watch it, so I snatched it. I've seen Gene Tierney in Laura before, and she wasn't terribly impressive, except for the overwhelming pretty. Now in technicolor she's even more overwhelmingly pretty, but made my blood run cold. Vincent Price was a bit ugh though.
The infamous scene:
« Last Edit: December 20, 2009, 01:35:01 AM by feelingindifferent »

Offline xtopave

• Site Modette
  • Q
« Reply #167 on: December 19, 2009, 09:07:10 PM »
Haven't seen it but looks good. The character seems like the usual madam that dies at the end. Don't tell me. I might watch it.  :)

Offline JackFrost

• Super Hero
  • I've seen the future. I can't afford it.
« Reply #168 on: December 19, 2009, 10:22:49 PM »
so.. what was lacking? The story?..the script? I haven't read any reviews yet.

No, actually, Avatar is beautiful and fantastic in all ways.

But it'll depend on who you are and what kind of movies you dig as to whether you're really going to like it, honestly.

I'm still having difficulty focusing my thoughts on it yet, but I will come back with something, later. In fact, you may have to ask me to stop talking about it...  :D

But, without a doubt, see it in the 3-D IMAX version if you can. I normally wouldn't advocate that, but the 3-D effects are really amazing and are used more to create atmosphere (literally in some cases) and mood rather than to just shove things in your face.

Suffice for now to say, if you liked Aliens, Terminator 1 & 2, The Abyss and to a lesser extent Titanic, you really need to see this movie. In IMAX 3-D...  :D

More tomorrow...

• Cro-Magnon
« Reply #169 on: December 20, 2009, 01:40:25 AM »
Haven't seen it but looks good. The character seems like the usual madam that dies at the end. Don't tell me. I might watch it.  :)
It's supposed to be film noir, but it's debatable. Gene Tierney is...  :-X watch it ;D She had a bangin' body :o there's this scene that looks like it's right out from James Bond.

Now, I might grab Heaven Can Wait. :)

Offline Robin-Graves

• Homo Superior
« Reply #170 on: December 20, 2009, 11:16:03 AM »
No, actually, Avatar is beautiful and fantastic in all ways.

But it'll depend on who you are and what kind of movies you dig as to whether you're really going to like it, honestly.

I'm still having difficulty focusing my thoughts on it yet, but I will come back with something, later. In fact, you may have to ask me to stop talking about it...  :D

But, without a doubt, see it in the 3-D IMAX version if you can. I normally wouldn't advocate that, but the 3-D effects are really amazing and are used more to create atmosphere (literally in some cases) and mood rather than to just shove things in your face.

Suffice for now to say, if you liked Aliens, Terminator 1 & 2, The Abyss and to a lesser extent Titanic, you really need to see this movie. In IMAX 3-D...  :D

More tomorrow...

One thing to say about Avatar:  WOW!!!!!

Ok,, I dont usualy like many of the so called "popular" movies,, I generaly stay away from them because they are just marketing strategies put on film to sell toys of video games.
But Avatar is worth the time. Awsome movie with a nice messege to it.
 I dont think everyone will like it,, but I know I LOVED it.
I didnt see it in the IMAX format,, just the regular 2 d,, but even then it was really good.
Usualy when you watch a movie like this its all about the cgi effects and no story.
This is the first time ive sat all the way through a movie with this much cgi and thought it had a damn good story behind it.
I kinda had a feeling that since the usualy pimple brigade didnt like it that it might be a good movie.
 It made you think about alot of things that happened during the 1800s with the whites and the Native Americans, or things during the British Expansion.
 I guess the Basement Dwellers dont like movies that make you think.
I keep my standards low.

Offline laama

• Homo Superior
« Reply #171 on: December 20, 2009, 12:34:08 PM »

Nice little fantasy movie,but I think that there will be Avatar2 in some day.
i'm waiting for someone to start an antisocial networking site.

Offline Robin-Graves

• Homo Superior
« Reply #172 on: December 20, 2009, 05:20:18 PM »
I wouldnt doubt it.
There seems ti be an originality shortage in Hollyweird
I keep my standards low.

• Cro-Magnon
« Reply #173 on: December 20, 2009, 07:39:54 PM »
A Woman in Berlin (2008)
About a woman in Berlin trying to survive the Red Army during and after the last few weeks/months of WWII. Great direction and cinematography, amazing performances, moving soundtrack. Must see.
Far far far bbetter than the mess of a movie The Baader-Meinhof Complex. AWIB should've been nominated for Best Foreign Film instead, or submitted instead.

Offline Skadi

• Homo Superior
« Reply #174 on: December 20, 2009, 10:44:45 PM »
It's supposed to be film noir, but it's debatable. Gene Tierney is...  :-X watch it ;D She had a bangin' body :o there's this scene that looks like it's right out from James Bond.

Now, I might grab Heaven Can Wait. :)

why was vincent price ughhh?

Offline ohcheap1

• Q
« Reply #175 on: December 21, 2009, 12:11:54 AM »
Law Abiding Citizen - It was a pretty cool action/thriller. Why do American movies always make actors adapt an American accent though? The lead and one of the supporting actors were Irish and Scottish and had a freakin fake accent. I hate that. 6/10

Offline Geemonster

• Banned for all eternity
  • Human
  • Diasfora's Misfit
« Reply #176 on: December 21, 2009, 01:30:25 AM »
Law Abiding Citizen,which was pretty good with Gerrard Butler 7/10
 I have a 720p version of Inglorious Basterds,which i watched last night.
Superb vintage Tarantino 10/10

• Cro-Magnon
« Reply #177 on: December 21, 2009, 03:04:32 AM »
why was vincent price ughhh?
If you've seen the movie:
Spoiler (hover to show)
Generally:
He is a bit melodramatic.

Offline xtopave

• Site Modette
  • Q
« Reply #178 on: December 21, 2009, 07:14:39 AM »
Generally:
He is a bit melodramatic.

I can't see Vincent Price in any other than the Horror/Comedy type of film.  :D

Why do American movies always make actors adapt an American accent though? The lead and one of the supporting actors were Irish and Scottish and had a freakin fake accent. I hate that. 6/10

I have the same feeling when I see Argentinian actors in Spanish movies. It would be funny if it wasn't so annoying. I think it's underestimate the public.

Offline Geemonster

• Banned for all eternity
  • Human
  • Diasfora's Misfit
« Reply #179 on: December 21, 2009, 08:02:44 AM »
But most Argentinians have Italian or Spanish roots anyway don't they?