Author Topic: Latest Movie You Watched  (Read 416613 times)

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
Re: Latest Movie You Watched
« Reply #975 on: December 23, 2010, 02:19:16 PM »
the lip sync was off at times but for a cgi  ( i guess ) i could live with that.

Offline Nobby

• Q
« Reply #976 on: December 23, 2010, 03:02:16 PM »
Ya think they would have used the Avatar method ?
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

Offline chekovsulu

• Human
  • With powers of hawk, wolf, puma and bear.
    • TITLE!
« Reply #977 on: December 23, 2010, 05:04:03 PM »
Shrek  (6/10)

This is the best Shrek.  It should have been the only Shrek.  I haven't seen it since it first came out, so a lot of the jokes were once again new to me (like that Farquad :o).  The story follows an ogre and his ass as they attempt to complete a quest given to them by their perfect ruler.  It's fun seeing the fairy tale characters and Robin 'ood was French.  I wasn't so keen on the whole romance element, but I suppose it's better than no storyline.  As long as you don't watch it more than once in a year, this is a good film :).

Now Zoidberg is the popular one!

Offline laama

• Homo Superior
« Reply #978 on: December 23, 2010, 06:16:20 PM »
Final destination 3 2006.

4/10 Crap.
i'm waiting for someone to start an antisocial networking site.

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #979 on: December 24, 2010, 01:13:18 AM »
Unforgiven

dark moody cowboy movie.
grimacing at the end scenes but love this movie .

Offline chekovsulu

• Human
    • TITLE!
« Reply #980 on: December 24, 2010, 03:52:15 AM »
Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi  (8/10)

This took me two days to watch.  I've seen it before, but like the first time I watched Das Experiment, without the subtitles.  Just like with Das Experiment, the subtitles gave me a whole new story.

The story is about a shy person who wants to win the heart of his wife.  His wife is upset because her original groom died on their wedding day, and she agreed to marry her current husband because her father wished it.  To make his wife love him, the man becomes annoying and funny stuff happens.

There are bits of this story that made me feel it was a bit wrong, but most of it was well done.
Spoiler (hover to show)

Baazigar (4/10)

During Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi, there is a dance sequence involving a series of famous actresses.  That first one, I thought, was very pretty.  After a quick Wikipedia search, I found the title of this film on her page.  The name sounded very familiar, so I watched it.

I've seen this before, I'm not sure when exactly, but I spent this entire film remembering it.  The dodgy sound effects and action scenes were especially familiar.  I also remember thinking it odd the man's daughter switched sides.  I didn't like this film much, it was too dark for me.

Kuch Kuch Hota Hai (6/10)

So, it turns out Kajol was also in this film, and I already had this but never got round to watching it (they make such long films!).  This film is about two best friends and something happens.

This was a good film.  I didn't understand what problem that man with the curly hair had with the small mute boy, but the sound effects suggest it's funny.

Om Shanti Om (5/10)

I once went to a friend's house, and they were watching this.  This film started off well, but I don't like the way it ended.
Spoiler (hover to show)

The humour was good, and there was lots of nice colour.  I wasn't expecting a cameo from Kajol, but there she was.  I wouldn't marry her, or anything, but she is very pretty.

I spend a total of 8 days watching these films, they're so long!
« Last Edit: January 01, 2011, 05:08:29 PM by chekovsulu »

Offline MaxDreamer

• Human
« Reply #981 on: December 24, 2010, 11:20:35 PM »
Inception (2010)

I Feel asleep 30 minutes in, so I watched the rest the next day. Perhaps I'm not intelligent enough for this type of film but I thought it was a convoluted mess.  :-\

3/10

The Town (2010)

I couldn't pass up the opportunity to watch it twice with two different family members. :D  My review remains the same as the first time I saw it except my rating is goes up a little more.

9/10

Bride & Prejudice (2004)

The plot according to IMDb: Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice gets a Bollywood treatment.

This film is from the director of Bend It Like Beckham. It was beautifully done and delightfully cheesy. I enjoyed it so much I even watched the extra BTS from the film which are equally delightful.

7/10

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #982 on: December 25, 2010, 01:25:41 AM »
The Queen
not my type of film  but i thoroughly enjoyed
M.Sheen yet again plays a excellent part.

Offline chekovsulu

• Human
    • TITLE!
« Reply #983 on: December 25, 2010, 08:57:46 AM »
Bride & Prejudice (2004)

The plot according to IMDb: Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice gets a Bollywood treatment.

This film is from the director of Bend It Like Beckham. It was beautifully done and delightfully cheesy. I enjoyed it so much I even watched the extra BTS from the film which are equally delightful.

7/10
I was going to be an extra in that film, but in the end they wouldn't have us.  But we still got paid for eating their food :D

?40! :o :D

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #984 on: December 26, 2010, 12:49:38 AM »
can i have you autograph  ;D ;D ;D ;D

hope the food was nice .

Offline laama

• Homo Superior
« Reply #985 on: December 26, 2010, 08:40:07 AM »
Tomorrow When The War Began 2010

4/10 Crap
i'm waiting for someone to start an antisocial networking site.

Offline chekovsulu

• Human
    • TITLE!
« Reply #986 on: December 26, 2010, 09:24:21 AM »
can i have you autograph  ;D ;D ;D ;D

hope the food was nice .
Maybe it was because it was the first meal I had that day, but I thought the food was awesome :D.  And here:

:D

Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge  (6/10)

This one was lying around and I was upset about my laptop heater breaking, so I watched it all in one sitting.  The first half of the film isn't that great, it's about a guy who annoys a girl into liking him and then she ends up being forced into an arranged marriage.  I've already given away too much of the story.  What I found most interesting was the fashion, I can imagine living in the mid-90s and thinking his clothes were cool.

This film is another one with Shahrukh Khan and Kajol.  I couldn't really relate to any of the characters, except for that guy that goes pigeon hunting and says "I'll tell you after the wedding" (cos, like, I totally do that all the time).  He's the best!  He's also the bad guy :(.

I now have 3 more Bollywood films to watch.  None of them are Shahrukh Khan films, so maybe I won't watch them. :-\

Offline Skadi

• Homo Superior
« Reply #987 on: December 26, 2010, 09:36:55 AM »
^ so Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi was the best of the bunch?

The only movie I watched over the holiday was Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World. I'd suggest it as a good movie just for the novelty of the way it was presented (the animation and the photography). But the story and casting were also good, so, overall it was worthwhile. 

Offline Nobby

• Q
« Reply #988 on: December 26, 2010, 10:10:56 AM »
How to Train Your Dragon (2010)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0892769/

Just another run of the mill Digimation
I don't know what all the fuss was about

6/10
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

Offline chekovsulu

• Human
    • TITLE!
« Reply #989 on: December 26, 2010, 02:44:28 PM »
^ so Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi was the best of the bunch?
So far, yes.  It's a very enjoyable film.  The idea of the quiet, shy guy getting the girl just appeals to me.  For some reason. ::)

More4 are doing an Indian Week, in which they're showing programmes and films from/about India.

I only found out last night, when I was telling a friend about that nice golden dress Kajol was wearing at the end of Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge, so I missed last night's film.

http://tangleofwires.wordpress.com/2010/12/24/india-week-bollywood-more4/

If the internet says they're good films, I may ask my peers for a copy.