Author Topic: The Roommate Chronicles: Vol 13.  (Read 14252 times)

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
Re: The Roommate Chronicles: Vol 13.
« Reply #60 on: September 19, 2013, 05:01:01 PM »
I'd consider a roommate net. I went for a burger at lunch and the ketchup came up short.

Also I overcooked the thing. That burger sucked. Like school lunch grade shitty.

Offline mishca09

• Q
« Reply #61 on: September 19, 2013, 07:19:40 PM »
school burgers were always better if they had cheese on them other wise they were too dry.

Offline brickbatz

• Cro-Magnon
  • Politically Incorrect
« Reply #62 on: September 19, 2013, 09:13:10 PM »
Roommates never worked out for me. Even the best of friends will get on your nerves.

You do know they have nets you can use for that...right?
They were well fed and not interested in eating me. It was easier to pick up the little pieces by hand. The smallest one (~6") had a bite taken out of its dorsal fin though.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #63 on: September 20, 2013, 10:47:13 PM »
Just now roommate came into room and said "Give me a dollar". I'm pissed in the english sense, so I just giggled at him.

He handed me a dollar. This seriously confused me.

He wanted a soda, and was willing to pay me for it. But he said "Give me a dollar".

now he's mad I'm giggling about it.

Offline brickbatz

• Cro-Magnon
  • Politically Incorrect
« Reply #64 on: September 20, 2013, 10:50:58 PM »
He's mad because it cost him dollar.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #65 on: September 21, 2013, 04:09:08 AM »
I've seen piranha bites and not in movies.
I live by Paraná river and every once in a while in a hot day during a dry summer there's an attack.
One day in 2008 about 40 people were attacked. (I know, it's in Spanish.  ::)).
We called them palometas (Serrasalmus marginatus).

Here is a news article in English.  They are related to pirhanas.  http://brazildispatch.blogspot.com/2012/02/video-piranha-like-fish-attack-bathers.html

This link describes the fish, but it sounds as if the attacks on people are rare as they aren't mentioned here.  I guess water levels and lack of food motivated them to attack.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chloroscombrus

Offline brickbatz

• Cro-Magnon
  • Politically Incorrect
« Reply #66 on: September 21, 2013, 08:34:52 AM »
Red-Bellied Piranha (Pygocentrus (Serrasalmus) nattereri)

I believe this is what I had. (almost 50 years ago ::))

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
A Firey bless'ed death? Maybe?
« Reply #67 on: November 13, 2013, 05:25:08 AM »
I was pretty sure we were going to die right there. Ammonia + Fire? Good times pal.

I kept trying to talk him down, like a clocktower shooter. He kept trying to grab the spray out my hand. I'm quick, but he's a bless'ed wookie. Called me "cunty" and then sprayed the foamy poo right into the fire. My brain BSOD'd. We didn't die though, so we've got that going for us.

Seriously, with my asthma that foamy poo put me in a coma.

And of course, post foamy toilet spray inspection showed that the stove was still damn' filthy.

Any tips? Basic cleaning was enough everywhere else, but this poo is nast.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #68 on: November 13, 2013, 09:33:56 AM »
Take the parts affected off of the stove so they are away from the fire and get some oven cleaner spray.  Spray it on and let it work then it should come off relatively easily.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #69 on: November 13, 2013, 06:22:44 PM »
is it okay to spray that on the underside of the stovetop?

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #70 on: November 13, 2013, 07:01:03 PM »
I'm not sure how your stove is constructed, but most are enameled sheet steel and the top usually clips on but can be pried off for maintenance.  If you could let me know what kind of stove you have, I could be more specific.  My old Wedgewood top comes off for cleaning, as I discovered during a maintenance visit. 

I don't know if it's possible to look in there with a flashlight.  But I don't think that, if the Pilot Lights are off, you will have any problem using the oven cleaner on the stove surfaces.  You just don't want to spray it near the flames.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #71 on: November 13, 2013, 07:09:11 PM »
This isn't mine, but it is the same model.

And I need to clean what is seen in this image. that rail, and under the burners. This thing is in really bad shape.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #72 on: November 13, 2013, 09:34:35 PM »
If you look behind the stove you should see a shutoff valve for the gas.  Turn that off.  Then the pilot lights should go off.  Once that is done, no gas, no flames, you should be able to clean the affected parts.  When the fumes from the oven cleaner are gone, you can restore  the gas supply and relight the pilots.
I'm assuming you don't have electric ignition for the pilots?

Offline mishca09

• Q
« Reply #73 on: November 14, 2013, 11:19:00 PM »
We used to have a stove just like that one. We used s.o.s Brillo pads and scrubbed like crazy and a little Dutch cleaner like Ajax. It usually came out pretty clean for the most part.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
Peanut Butter Concusion Bombing.
« Reply #74 on: November 25, 2013, 11:44:57 PM »
Roommate got one of those fat bless'ed peanut butters, the eight dollar skippy tub.

He went to make a sandwich, and the thing launched off the shelf full speed, bounced off his chest and slammed the floor.

On the way the cap shattered. He was stunned. I suggested tin foil, but he went to the tupperware solution. The first attempt was a no go, no seal.

The second attempt was like a cork in a wine bottle. Zip lock cheap little tupperware lid snapped into place perfectly. I'll get a shot of it tomorrow, but we had a good laugh about it.