Author Topic: Odd Experiences.  (Read 11523 times)

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
  • Da mihi castitatem et continentiam, sed noli modo!
Re: Odd Experiences.
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2013, 02:51:35 AM »
Watch out: you will find yourself moderating if you aren't careful!

8ully was only ever happy in chaos.

Yes, I know, but what about here on the boards?
Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can put off until the day after.

There is an exception to every rule, apart from this one.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2013, 05:47:18 AM »
Move this thread wherever you want to. I just posted here because my brain is a pinball of spinning madness.

I posted a lot of poo in this post and then I snipped it. About dreams, and death, and the intersection of them.

But I'm drunk and the words might be stupid. I need a mod on that post :P

sent via PM smokes. Any editing advice would be welcome.

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2013, 08:07:49 AM »
Post whatever you like 8ully.  It's down to the individual members to either censor or ignore what they don't like.

Personally, I find virtually all that you write to be entertaining and worst, and enlightening at best. Your threads certainly enrich this place and only seldom self-destruct.

Offline patiesmiz

• Australopithecus
  • Dominatrix
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2013, 10:36:30 AM »
I had only one in my life.

I was around 14 years old or so, I was semi-slept, then I heard the doorbell ringing, I woke up and I 'saw' in my mind who was ringing, I saw two people perfectly: my Dad's pupil Pedro and another guy, a tall, long haired guy with a beard, someone I didn't know, I hadn't seen that guy before.

I had no time to tell my Dad what happened before he opened the door, when he did it and I saw the two guys I got shocked.

They were the ones I 'saw' in my mind, both where two of my Dad's pupils. It coud be just a coincidence, but the weird thing is that I hadn't ever seen the long haired guy before.

The strangest thing in my life.

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2013, 04:03:31 PM »
I had only one in my life.

I was around 14 years old or so, I was semi-slept, then I heard the doorbell ringing, I woke up and I 'saw' in my mind who was ringing, I saw two people perfectly: my Dad's pupil Pedro and another guy, a tall, long haired guy with a beard, someone I didn't know, I hadn't seen that guy before.

I had no time to tell my Dad what happened before he opened the door, when he did it and I saw the two guys I got shocked.

They were the ones I 'saw' in my mind, both where two of my Dad's pupils. It coud be just a coincidence, but the weird thing is that I hadn't ever seen the long haired guy before.

The strangest thing in my life.

Euromillions numbers by any chance?  Tuesday's or Friday's, I'm not fussy.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2013, 06:27:08 PM »
deja vu is the brain misfiring. You remember it that way because your brain skipped some thoughts and played filler a few seconds later.

I used to think I had dreams about poo I would do the next day. I still find it happening occasionally when a conversation goes a certain way, or my foot hurts. The foot hurt is actually an easy one, it's caused by dehydration. :P

Lottery numbers would be way more helpful than my brain saying "And now you turn to the right slightly."

As to the PM I sent in the very early morning, I was drunk, and it went into a tangent about things that make me angry.

We have dreams of people we have lost because our brain is trying to provide comfort. Similar to the missed step thing above.

You miss the dead person, and the brain auto-fills.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2013, 06:29:39 PM by 8ullfrog »

Offline ohcheap1

• Q
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2013, 10:51:48 AM »
This was odd. I went to cut some romaine today for the piggies and there was a full size worm crawling in the lettuce. Like the kind you fish with!!! First, scared the poop out of me, I didnt expect that. Second, I fish, so you would of thought I could just pick it up and toss it. But I had to walk away for a few minutes.

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2013, 12:59:06 PM »
found a link to
https://about.me/
any one know or use this or similar

Offline townie2

• Neandertal
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2013, 08:40:15 AM »
i have 2 specific ones, though i randomly get other ones. Deja vu? definitely. proof? sort of, i usually keep it to myself (though my mother once told me her, and her mother got them). had a dream one night of meeting a childhood friend i hadn't seen in 35 years, specifically around the corner after coming out of an downtown mall. i was downtown with a friend 3 days later, and yeah, coming out of the mall it hit me, i said to my friend, "we're going to go around this corner and meet Bart Walsh", he said he thought Bart had moved away 30 years ago. walked around the corner and approaching us from the other direction was Bart, my friends jaw nearly hit the sidewalk and i had to explain to him (after chatting with Bart) how i had dreamed it.
 second, even weirder one. at a buddies one Friday night about 30 years ago, he had a big party. living a piece away, i had already planned with him to sleep on the couch in his den instead of driving home impaired. about 3 am, party was over, my buddy was sitting in his livingroom loaded, still drinking with the stereo cranked when i told him i was going to the couch in the den to crash, i was loaded too. closed the door to the livingroom, went through the kitchen and down the hall to the den and closed that door, then promptly passed out on the couch. after approx an 1 1/2 hours i suddenly woke up, still loaded, and try as may couldn't get back to sleep, something in the back of my mind kept nagging at me. i finally got up and decided to check buddy, went back to the livingroom (den and livingroom doors were both still closed), walked in, stereo was still going, he was sitting in a chair passed out with a beer between his legs.......and the arm of the chair he was passed out in fire from his dropped cigarette. i grabbed the beer and poured it on the fire to slow it down, then ran to the kitchen and grabbed a pitcher of water, and put out the fire. couldn't smell smoke anywhere in the house, door was closed, and smoke detector in the hall hadn't gone off. he still talks about me saving his life sometimes, i tell him he has a good Guardian Angel  ;D

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2013, 04:53:58 PM »
That first story is definitely on the spooky side of things.  I'd like to think the latter was your subconscious just nagging away at you that your pal was not compos mentis and could, quite easily, do himself an injury.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2013, 05:26:20 AM »
From what I've read, memory has a bit of plasticity, and that's how such events get glued in the brain, edited for convenience. Kind of like how everyone is the protagonist in their own story.

There is actually a very sad, and very real mental condition where people convince themselves that they are living an entire second life, and it is very real to them. Some scary side effects come into play when they break into other people's homes, and convince themselves that they know these people.

I've begun to wonder if that is what happens when celebrities lose their poo and break into houses.

Not so much an odd experience, as bless'ed creepy.

Offline ohcheap1

• Q
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2013, 11:34:48 PM »
Conversation between a friend and I tonight. WOW!!

OC1:I want you to imagine what you would think/feel if you heard a crashing sound, almost like a jumbo firecracker, outside your house at 12:30am and then you heard someone POUNDING on your front door and bay window saying "Hey!! Hey!!"??? Of course watching a double feature or horror today you know where my brain went until I screamed for the male figure of the household to "GET THE HELL DOWN HERE". Looks like a car crashed into a tree in our front yard and caught fire. I didnt notice cause I was hiding behind the coach but the husband saw the fire break out. Holy poo!!! Life happens when you clearly dont expect it.

Apparently a dude in matching caution orange sneakers and tshirt hit an electrical pole. The weird thing is the flaming car is an easy 7 yards from the base of the pole??? The pole was in our neighbors yard and our power is up and good. This is turning into quite the mystery.

FRIEND:Whoa!

OC1:No blood at all on the kid. Thats shocking because the car is trashed. SO glad hes not hurt. Clearly going to jail but not hurt.

FRIEND:There was a kid involved?

Oh! The kid who crashed...

OC1:Well...teenage driver. Maybe 19-23ish

FRIEND:I see. Was he drinking or something? What made him hit the pole?! This is crazy!

OC1:Since hes in handcuffs I doubt the police are going to let me talk to him. Lol. I was paranoid that the wood laying across the hood of his car smouldering came from one of our trees.

FRIEND:Lol wow! Sounds like quite the adventure!

OC1:MUCH more exciting when I thought a crazy madman was trying to break into my house and kill me but YEH!! Crazy adventure.

FRIEND:Lol

FRIEND:Can't say you had a boring night! Lol

OC1:Very true.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 10:01:16 AM by ohcheap1 »

Offline xtopave

• Site Modette
  • Q
« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2013, 07:21:51 AM »
^ :o

Any updates on why or how the accident happened?

Offline ohcheap1

• Q
« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2013, 11:11:16 AM »
Im guessing standard drunk driving into a phone light pole but thats not in written format. Sure got me going though. Yipes!!
« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 10:02:15 AM by ohcheap1 »

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2013, 12:59:44 AM »
story not available on the intranet, why he's charged and such.
After watching the mildest of horror movies i would be screaming running into the garden