Author Topic: What are you eating / What did you eat.  (Read 62240 times)

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
Re: What are you eating / What did you eat.
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2019, 03:27:45 AM »
I think of the local Safeway as a 7-11 with a better selection and similar prices.  But there are ways to shop there without spending much.

Offline Schmoogsley

• Homo Erectus
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2019, 07:50:25 AM »
I didn't know you could find deals in Cali. The cost of living out there is legendary. How much is hyperbole I wouldn't know.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2019, 10:41:37 AM »
Produce is cheap at local markets and you can always have a garden as the mild climate permits a long growing season.

Offline Schmoogsley

• Homo Erectus
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2019, 03:17:20 PM »
Produce is cheap at local markets and you can always have a garden as the mild climate permits a long growing season.
I thought all they grew in Cali was marijuana? 

On a serious note; if we don't get a week of no rain, our farmers will be growing rice. I hope you like rice.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2019, 03:40:10 PM by Schmoogsley »

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2019, 01:50:22 AM »
They do grow marijuana here as it's legal and a growing industry.

I am not so keen on it.  It just makes me tired and I'm not so happy to have the compulsive eating that goes with it.  Not my cup of tea, so to speak.

We buy 20 lb of basmati rice each year from a local Indian grocer.  We manage to consume it in that time.  It stores well in jars.

Offline Schmoogsley

• Homo Erectus
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2019, 09:46:06 AM »
Had my last visit with the orthopedic surgeon this morning. I am clear for whatever. Just a pain issue now. Still can't quite climb up into the cab (tried to on Monday; nope). Gettin close. 99% sure, well, 90% sure I'll be back to work next month. I'm starting back up in the gym tomorrow. I stopped at the grocery store on my way home, got lots more stuff for salads. I'm +18 lbs. bless'ed cowpoo!  >:(
« Last Edit: May 09, 2019, 09:47:42 AM by Schmoogsley »

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2019, 10:58:31 AM »
Glad to hear you are healing.  Sorry about the continued pain.  I'm sure not being able to work isn't helping in the weight dept.

I hurt my heel and now am limping around instead of walking 4 mi/day which was my usual means of getting exercise.  I don't really know that going to a doctor is going to change anything.

I just finished SunMaid Raisin toast.  It's delicious and on sale for a change so we are indulging.  I have a mountain of work to get to so I'll do that now.

Offline Schmoogsley

• Homo Erectus
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2019, 01:06:28 PM »
Oh my, how I love rason bread (toast) & coffee. Treats like these will have to go back to being less frequent. I believe my biggest problem has been me feeling sorry for myself; 'I can eat whatever I want'. Yeah, WTG dumbass.  >:(
Anyway, just thoroughly enjoyed a loaded salad. Loaded with all good stuffies including a light sprinkling of Kroger's Fat Free Italian Dressing. If you haven't tried this dressing, give it a try. It's WAY better for you (trust me, I've compared them all) and tastes really good. I will also save you some time; stay away from the 'creamy' type salad dressings.  ;)

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2019, 07:21:11 PM »
Eh, as long as you pay it off, why not eat what you want? Mom made Enchiladas, and didn't mix up a single step, I am very proud of her.

Her mom is such a bad cook she microwaves fish and once made mashed potatoes that could (and did) remove fillings. So mom does NOT have a joy of cooking.

She managed this by A) making them in the morning. and B) Long nap after.

She has trouble shredding chicken with the fork method, so she just cooked the chicken then went shreddy with her hands. I usually do the fork thing, but whatever works, works.

Offline Schmoogsley

• Homo Erectus
« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2019, 09:04:47 PM »
Anymore, I prefer using chicken rather than beef for my Mexican dishes.
I cooked up a bunch of chicken and sliced it up into small pieces to put on my salads. I spiced it up with this Cajun spice I have. Is good. I normally just get the frozen, boneless, skinless breasts for this. Just finished a salad and had a handful of blueberries for dessert.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2019, 02:31:14 AM »
Burgers ala foreman.

Offline Alfonz

• Homo Erectus
« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2019, 09:38:33 AM »
Bacon, mushroom, and goat cheese omelette.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2019, 07:31:19 PM »
Nice!

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2019, 03:48:08 AM »
Fishpeople seafood kit with salmon and a pancko bread crumbs/meyer lemon  herb topping along with some steamed broccoli.

I'm so snowed under with work that my husband made dinner.  I was up till 1 completing work and then went back to tv.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2019, 01:45:15 AM »
Frozen chicken patty microwaved.

It was better than the Bonus Jack I had last night.

I mean I liked the Bonus Jack, but once again, my local Jbox serving up the underwhelming.

Did learn the box is el cajon though, that was funny. And their main seller is the tacos, not the burgers. The tacos are super gross.